Bookmark and Share
dbull 
Posted: 16-Feb-2005, 10:24 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacRowan

male

Jesus' message in the New Testiment is a completion of the old Testiment. Jesus never said to his followers who were Jews not to stop Jewish law and tradition but not to expect other non-Jews to follow their, Jewish laws and tradition.
PMEmail Poster               
Ríobhca31 
Posted: 16-Mar-2005, 12:48 PM
Quote Post

Princess of Báisteach
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacAlder

Realm: Wisconsin (Transplant, From Texas)

female

QUOTE (MacEoghainn @ 22-Jan-2005, 07:45 AM)
QUOTE (Shadows @ 22-Jan-2005, 12:27 AM)
Considering all the "New testament" scriptures what was the message Jesu was trying to get across to his followers.

I am not looking for bible quotes or speculations... just the answer to what was the message that was to be spread.

Repentance and Salvation through the example of his Life, Death, and Resurrection.

I'm with Mike on that one! angel_not.gif

--------------------
Go mbeannaí Dia duit !
PMEmail Poster                
Ríobhca31 
Posted: 16-Mar-2005, 12:49 PM
Quote Post

Princess of Báisteach
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacAlder

Realm: Wisconsin (Transplant, From Texas)

female

QUOTE (IrishBecca30 @ 16-Mar-2005, 11:48 AM)
QUOTE (MacEoghainn @ 22-Jan-2005, 07:45 AM)
Considering all the "New testament" scriptures what was the message Jesu was trying to get across to his followers.

I am not looking for bible quotes or speculations... just the answer to what was the message that was to be spread.

Repentance and Salvation through the example of his Life, Death, and Resurrection.

I'm with Mike on that one! angel_not.gif

Sorry about that name mix up, Steve!
PMEmail Poster                
Elspeth 
Posted: 02-Apr-2005, 09:17 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

female

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life.

sorry for quoting Shadows, but some things cannot be improved upon by paraphrasing.

--------------------
Compassion is the sometimes fatal capacity for feeling what it is like inside somebody else's skin. It is the knowledge that there can never really be any peace and joy for me until there is peace and joy finally for you too.
- Frederick Buechner

If society prospers at the expense of the intangibles,
how can it be called progress?

-LLP
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
Tassiecelt 
Posted: 03-Apr-2005, 01:23 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacOak

Realm: Tasmania, Australia

male

Elspeth, if you'll forgive me saying so, in this Christian forum (or anywhere for that matter) no apology need by made for quoting the Scripture, although i do understand the context in which you make such a comment.

The Word of God is a two edged sword, it has more power than our words can ever have to correct those in error, to encourage the needy and to feed the hungry with good spiritual food.

God's followers have a commission to spread the gospel, it is not always welcomed, but that comes down to individual decisions whether to embrace Life or reject it, and also the Calling of God.

--------------------
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMy Photo Album               
WizardofOwls 
Posted: 03-Apr-2005, 04:45 AM
Quote Post

Wanderer and Vagabond

ZodiacVine

Realm: Wytheville, Virginia

male

QUOTE (Tassiecelt @ 03-Apr-2005, 01:23 AM)
Elspeth, if you'll forgive me saying so, in this Christian forum (or anywhere for that matter) no apology need by made for quoting the Scripture, although i do understand the context in which you make such a comment.

Hi there Tassie! How are things going for you? Good I hope!

I think the only reason Elspeth was apologizing is because in his original question, Shadows asked us to answer his question without quoting form the Bible. But that is an almost impossible task. I think her post was eloquent asn beautiful!

Thank you, Elspeth! It is so good to see you posting again, my sister! I have missed you! Do you know Roisin-Teagan's addy? Tell her we miss her too! smile.gif

--------------------
Slàn agus beannachd,
Allen R. Alderman

'S i Alba tìr mo chridhe. 'S i Gàidhlig cànan m' anama.
Scotland is the land of my heart. Gaelic is the language of my soul.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
WizardofOwls 
Posted: 03-Apr-2005, 04:45 AM
Quote Post

Wanderer and Vagabond

ZodiacVine

male

QUOTE (Tassiecelt @ 03-Apr-2005, 01:23 AM)

Hi there Tassie! How are things going for you? Good I hope!

I think the only reason Elspeth was apologizing is because in his original question, Shadows asked us to answer his question without quoting form the Bible. But that is an almost impossible task. I think her post was eloquent asn beautiful!

Thank you, Elspeth! It is so good to see you posting again, my sister! I have missed you! Do you know Roisin-Teagan's addy? Tell her we miss her too! smile.gif
WizardofOwls 
Posted: 03-Apr-2005, 04:46 AM
Quote Post

Wanderer and Vagabond

ZodiacVine

male

OOPS! Sorry for the duplicate post! I would delete it if I could! sad.gif
Elspeth 
Posted: 03-Apr-2005, 08:25 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

female

Yep, the wizardman was right. I apologized because shadows asked us to speak from our hearts, not quote. But when the two conincide, why not use the best?

Thanks for the welcome, wizard. No, I don't know Roisin's address other than the mail on this site. Sorry to hear she hasn't been around. Perhaps like the rest of us, too busy.

PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
Shadows 
Posted: 03-Apr-2005, 06:58 PM
Quote Post

Reader of souls, vision seeker, TROLL
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: The frontier of Penn's Woods

male

I can answer my original question with one word.....

LOVE!

--------------------
I support the separation of church and hate!

IMAGINATION - the freest and largest nation in the world!

One can not profess to be of "GOD" and show intolerence and prejudice towards the beliefs of others.

Am fear nach gleidh na h–airm san t–sith, cha bhi iad aige ’n am a’ chogaidh.
He that keeps not his arms in time of peace will have none in time of war.

"We're all in this together , in the parking lot between faith and fear" ... O.C.M.S.

“Beasts feed; man eats; only the man of intellect knows how to eat well.”

"Without food we are nothing, without history we are lost." - SHADOWS

Is iomadh duine laghach a mhill an Creideamh.
Religion has spoiled many a good man.

The clan MacEwen
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               
reddrake79 
Posted: 05-Apr-2005, 11:56 AM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacRowan

Realm: oregon

male

I would have to say the message of the ENTIRE Bible, not just the New Testament is Two fold: Love, From a righteous God to falible man, and Repentance, of man from his sinful actions.

--------------------
Friendship, Love, and Loyalty
PMEmail Poster               
RivDan 
Posted: 12-Apr-2005, 02:17 PM
Quote Post

Clan Member

ZodiacElder

female

He came to die for our sins but also to teach us about how we are to live and love. He changed people's lives.

--------------------
Cameron Clan Roots, but an Heir to Jesus the King of Kings
PMEmail Poster               
Faileas 
Posted: 13-Apr-2005, 06:20 PM
Quote Post

Guardian of Scotland :-)
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Isle of Skye

female

May I add something to this?

It was first mankind in general, then the Jews and then the christian church who were/ are chosen to spread the glory of God and show through their behaviour the true nature of god, and show to other people around them how great and glorious god really is.

As God in his wisdom however knew , that mankind as such would fail in this task through their weakness and flawedness (i. e. because theiy are sinners), he came down himself and provided a way, so that the task could still be achieved - and alone through faith in Jesus alone. Of course, this faith will show itself in different ways - i. e. the way how we treat each other, the attitude how we face every day and so on, but it is not the works that count, but the faith in Jesus. There's scripture to prove this, but I forgot where exaclty you can find this - partly its old testament (somewhere in Deut 7, 7 i think about the task of Israel), then Paul has various things to say about the way of behaviour in the Christian community (esp. Romans, 1. Korinth and Ephesians if I remmeber right) and of course brother James who said that Faith without work is dead .... They are all theologic bombs, but that's how i would put them alltogether.

--------------------
Scottish in Heart :-))

In the darkest heart the pride of man will walk allone

's ged tha mi fada bhuat cha dhealaich sinn a chaoidh

Darkover RPG
PMEmail Poster               
Faileas 
Posted: 13-Apr-2005, 06:22 PM
Quote Post

Guardian of Scotland :-)
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Isle of Skye

female

QUOTE (Faileas @ 14-Apr-2005, 12:20 AM)
May I add something to this?

It was first mankind in general, then the Jews and then the christian church who were/ are chosen to spread the glory of God and show through their behaviour the true nature of god, and show to other people around them how great and glorious god really is.

As God in his wisdom however knew , that mankind as such would fail in this task through their weakness and flawedness (i. e. because theiy are sinners), he came down himself and provided a way, so that the task could still be achieved - and alone through faith in Jesus alone. Of course, this faith will show itself in different ways - i. e. the way how we treat each other, the attitude how we face every day and so on, but it is not the works that count, but the faith in Jesus. There's scripture to prove this, but I forgot where exaclty you can find this - partly its old testament (somewhere in Deut 7, 7 i think about the task of Israel), then Paul has various things to say about the way of behaviour in the Christian community (esp. Romans, 1. Korinth and Ephesians if I remmeber right) and of course brother James who said that Faith without work is dead .... They are all theologic bombs, but that's how i would put them alltogether.

I also have to say that I agree with the guy about the message of the whole bible - love and repentance. smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Tassiecelt 
Posted: 14-Apr-2005, 10:30 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacOak

Realm: Tasmania, Australia

male

Faileas, I think you put it together very well, you have a solid understanding of God's Plan for mankind, the future and the universe.

A fine thing to have indeed!
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMy Photo Album               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
©2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics ©2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt