Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Shamrocks, Tell me about them, please!
Bookmark and Share
Nancy-Raven 
Posted: 12-Aug-2006, 07:29 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Quebec

female

Yes I'm sure you can get a better deal.After all , shamrock is see as a weed.Seed are easy to start , a pack of seed ,a small bag of soil and a pot is all you need to begin.For 6$ , you can have more then a litlle package.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website               
WizardofOwls 
Posted: 11-Mar-2007, 09:15 PM
Quote Post

Wanderer and Vagabond

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacVine

Realm: Wytheville, Virginia

male

I am happy to report that my shamrocks are still alive and well! Looking a little the worse for wear, but stilll hanging on! I heard recently that it improves shamrocks to "shave"them, or trim them back every so often. Is this true? And if so, how often is one to do this? What time of year? How close to the bulb do you cut? I'm thinking that this might help my girls. Any info anyone can supply would be greatly appreciated.

I also am happy to report that I have 3 new babies! My first two had green leaves, but the underside of the leaves was purple or burgundy with white flowers. One of my new ones has solid green leaves, top and bottom, and also has white flowers. My other two have dark burgundy leaves with purple flowers! Nice, no?

--------------------
Sln agus beannachd,
Allen R. Alderman

'S i Alba tr mo chridhe. 'S i Gidhlig cnan m' anama.
Scotland is the land of my heart. Gaelic is the language of my soul.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
sisterknight 
Posted: 12-Mar-2007, 12:54 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacOak

Realm: montreal west, quebec

female

my last year's shamrocks have lasted all year.....i gave them a bit of food in the fall and cut the water down a bit and voila there they are this year!!i've got the pale green ones with the lovely white blooms**sigh** spring can only be around the corner..

--------------------
non nobis domine,non nobis sed nomini tua da gloriam.

OKAY, WHAT DID I DO NOW??
PMEmail Poster               
WizardofOwls 
Posted: 13-Mar-2007, 09:29 PM
Quote Post

Wanderer and Vagabond

ZodiacVine

Realm: Wytheville, Virginia

male

I am getting ready to repot my original shamrocks tomorrow. I'm gonna spread the bulbs out a little, since they are still in their two original little clumps. I hope this will help them to get full again.
McRoach 
Posted: 11-Mar-2011, 11:42 PM
Quote Post

>>*<<

ZodiacRowan

Realm: Desert Highlands, USA

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #6
2,147,483,647 Gold!

Clan: AWARE

It's been a few years since the last update on this thread, do you still have the same shamrocks wizard? After reading all this and being close to St. Pattys day I think I will pick some up for myself next time I go to the market.

--------------------
"May those who love us, love us. And those who hate us, may God turn their hearts. And if he doesn't turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles so we'll know them by their limping."
-Celtic Proverbs

Grateful am I to have a sword in which to defend myself at all times, blessed am I for the days I need not use it.

Daylight Saving Time countdown banner
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics 2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt