Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

Realm: North Carolina

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #2
2,147,483,647 Gold!

Gwenlee, also a great story. Hug your daughter for "us folks at CR" and again, give yourself a BIG pat on the back for hanging in and doing what it took to get the right treatment for your daughter.

--------------------
TheCarolinaScotsman

Ya'll drive safe and come back soon.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
maisky 
Posted: 20-Dec-2004, 09:25 AM
Quote Post

King of CelticRadio.net Jesters
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacVine

Realm: Easton, PA

male

Gwenlee's story is a GREAT example of the failability of medical science and the importance of determination and persistence in dealing with our children's problems. Wonderful results, Gwenlee! thumbs_up.gif

--------------------
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."
Carl Sagan
PMEmail PosterUsers Website               
susieq76 
Posted: 20-Dec-2004, 10:21 AM
Quote Post

Queen of the Stars
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacVine

Realm: Middle o' North Carolina

female

That is very true! Thanks for all the info and encouragement, guys! Medication for my daughter is also a last resort for me. It is not that I don't believe in it, but when it comes to your children, you always want to be sure before you do something like that. I will see if there are ways I can cut down on her sugar intake and maybe get allergy testing. She already has eczema. If my ADD weren't so strong, and she didn't exhibit all the characteristics across the board, I would be much more hesitant than I am. But I still do want to get all the educational testing done first for her.

Thanks again! Your stories are so inspiring!

--------------------
"Alas for those who never sing and die with all their music left in them" - Oliver Wendell Holmes
gwenlee 
Posted: 21-Dec-2004, 03:01 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacAlder

female

Hey Rindy 1202

I think it is hard when any of our children move out. Just encourage him a lot. And remember as with all our kids we can't fix all their problems and we can't protect them from life, but we can be there to help them get through it. I'll be praying for you

Gwen Lee
Rindy 
Posted: 21-Dec-2004, 10:57 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

female

Have a Merry Christmas gwen-lee
Rindy "Mary"
PMEmail Poster               
RebeccaAnn 
Posted: 03-Apr-2007, 04:42 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacHawthorn

Realm: Southren Illinois

female

Love your special children and encourage them to do their best always. I am a special child. I am multiply handicapped. I have cerebral palsy and learning disabilities among other things. I am also a mother of 5. David has learning disabilities. From 3rd grade through his first year of high school he worked with a resource teacher. He is now 18, still in high school but also goes to tech campus and works in the building trades. EmmaAnn age 9 and Sarah age 7 are both LD and in special ed. They have speech and OT at school. EmmaAnn also has a hearing loss and Sarah is left-handed. Sarah is struggling with her letters and writing. Julianna is 20 and an honors student. She attends Southern Virginia University on academic scholarship. LD is not learning disabled. LD is learns differently. Most LD children are quite smart. We just can't learn the way the system teaches.
RebeccaAnn
PMEmail Poster               
Sekhmet 
Posted: 03-Apr-2007, 06:34 PM
Quote Post

Queen of Hel -...um, Argyll...

ZodiacAlder

Realm: Pittsburgh-ish, Pennsylvania

female

My middle child, Hannah, has cerebral palsy with a current diagnosis of mild mental retardation. Once she has her IQ assessed again that might change. She also cannot walk and is wheelchair confined...but she is the brightest, happiest little girl I've ever run across. No mama's pride there, nooo... wink.gif

While she is in a separate school than other children and is a year younger than her sister, there's days where she'll out-spell and out-read her sister, and if she can solve a math problem before Aislinn, she's happy as a clam for hours on end. laugh.gif Anything to up-stage her sister.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
RebeccaAnn 
Posted: 03-Apr-2007, 10:06 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacHawthorn

Realm: Southren Illinois

female

I can relate to that one. Leave it to little sisters. EmmaAnn is in 3rd and Sarah is in 1st. Sarah struggles with reading yet she can find words within words and do word searches. EmmaAnn can read some but can't do word searches. She is constantly helping EmmaAnn with her word search puzzles. It's funny sometimes to watch how the two of them work together. What the one can't do the other can and they work together helping each other. They teach each other.
RebeccaAnn
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics 2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt