DesertRose 
Posted: 13-Dec-2004, 03:52 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

Realm: The desert of Arizona

female

Any of you read diet and/or exercise books? I have read some on yoga, pilates and South Beach diet. I am currently reading a health book on The G.I. Diet, called just that by Rick Gallop. He works with the idea of the glycemic index.........foods high in sugar or that turn into sugar like a lot of our carbohydrate foods and some fruits. It is basically a low fat, complex carbohydrate, low sugar (glycemic) diet book. It is pretty similar to the South Beach diet, but he goes further. I have lost 6 pounds in the two weeks I have been following it!

--------------------
Fine art & photography by DESERT ROSE IMAGES
http://www.desertrose-images.com
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMy Photo Album               
Rindy 
Posted: 13-Dec-2004, 08:09 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

female

Hi I have read a lot of books on dieting. The best that worked for me was low- fat and lots of exercise. At that time I also did the shake diets that also seemed to help. Anyhow I would love to lose some weight. Just not sure how I want to do this. I enjoy food so much..

I am proud of you Rose, 6 lbs is a lot! Keep up the good work. smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
DesertRose 
Posted: 14-Dec-2004, 03:55 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

Hi Rindy! That is terrific that your son has had so much success on the South Beach diet. I lost 25 pounds off it last year and put 20 lbs back on. That is the problem when you stop following the diet books. So what I am doing now is following the principles of the South Beach diet and the glycemic index which gives me a low fat, low sugar and complex carbs. That seems to work for me when I apply those together.

I have scoliosis in my back too and as the years have gone by it has gotten worse. At one time I was 5'3..........now I have shrunk to 5'2!
Rindy 
Posted: 14-Dec-2004, 05:24 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

female

QUOTE (CelticRose @ 14-Dec-2004, 01:55 PM)
Hi Rindy! That is terrific that your son has had so much success on the South Beach diet. I lost 25 pounds off it last year and put 20 lbs back on. That is the problem when you stop following the diet books. So what I am doing now is following the principles of the South Beach diet and the glycemic index which gives me a low fat, low sugar and complex carbs. That seems to work for me when I apply those together.

I have scoliosis in my back too and as the years have gone by it has gotten worse. At one time I was 5'3..........now I have shrunk to 5'2!

Rose, I am so sorry sad.gif to hear you have scoliosis. Do you do anything for treatment? I know my son gets physical therapy and takes Arythrotec probably not how you spell it but he says it helps. Have you had this all of your life? I wish he would shrink a little. I feel like a midget I can't see around the boy and I darn sure can't see over him. I am 5'5" I am sure I am shrinking with old age... LOL. It is a painful thing do deal with any way you look at it.

You go girl!
Slainte
Rindy
PMEmail Poster               
DesertRose 
Posted: 15-Dec-2004, 05:01 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

Rindy, the doctors seem to think I have had scoliosis all my life. It was first diagnosed about 20 years ago quite accidently. The orthopedic doctors told me then it would only get worse with age and it has. It creates a lot of pain and I just deal with it. The medicine upsets my stomach too much, so I just lay down a lot to relieve the pain. I also have arthritis back there, bone spurs and a bulging disc........so that doesn't help either! I have been to physical therapy many times but what helps in the meantime is Pilates on the ball for my back and I go for regular massage to relax the muscles around my spine. So much for my woes. LOL

I finished the Gglycemic Index book last night. It is really not a diet book per se, but more of an informational book about the effects of sugar and what foods turn into sugar and how that affects your body..........worse scenario........diabetes and heart attack or stroke. Pretty scary! It is a simple book to read and has foods listed according to colors..........red being bad...........yellow being caution........green for go foods to eat! He also covers a lot of other health issues and I just found it to be a really good book.

What health books have you read? Have you read the Perricone book or Dr. Phil's book. I hear those two are good too.
Rindy 
Posted: 15-Dec-2004, 07:20 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

female

Hi Rose,

Sorry to hear you are in such shape. I have read so many health books there is no where to begin. My brother is a doctor of naturopathy, I have been into that for awhile, lots of insomnia books, diet books. Prescription books up the rear. I know a lot about the drug and herb aspects. Self help, womens books. Is it cold where you live? I have arthritis in my back also and right before it snows it hurts. Then once it snows its gone. Well you take care its great talking to you.

Slainte
Rindy
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 15-Dec-2004, 09:17 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

female

Rose,

I loved your new picture. Hey I tried to email you this info but I don't have your address. Anyhow the name of the medication is Arthrotec 50 you take it 2x a day. Like I said it helps with the stomach part. They don't make you feel wierd either.

You have A Merry Christmas
Rindy
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics 2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt