Posted: 24-Jan-2005, 05:09 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacReed

male

try again

Attached Image. Works with IE only! (Click thumbnail to expand)
Attached Image (Works with IE Only)

--------------------
jim

www.greyaengus.com

"If I say something that can be interpreted in two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant it the other way."

often in error, never in doubt.

if guns kill people then my pencil mis-spells words
quote: larry the cable guy

sometimes what ya think ya want
isnt what ya thought ya wanted
till ya get what ya thought ya wanted
and then what ya had is gone....
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMy Photo Album               
DesertRose 
Posted: 24-Jan-2005, 05:12 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

Realm: The desert of Arizona

female

Awwwwwwww...........how so cute! What kind of dog?

--------------------
Fine art & photography by DESERT ROSE IMAGES
http://www.desertrose-images.com
dundee 
Posted: 24-Jan-2005, 05:15 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacReed

male

cavalier king charles spaniel........ here is one of him with his goofy smile

Rindy 
Posted: 24-Jan-2005, 08:02 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

female

My last dog a Sheltie would even herd the fish in our fish tank. Dundee, what a cutie he is! Tell me a little about these dogs, I have seen them on dog shows but that is about all I know about them..

Hey maisky, more pics of the Dump Please smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
dundee 
Posted: 25-Jan-2005, 10:54 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacReed

male

cavaliers were once the favorite breed of king charles II..... he would have packs of them following him around the castle. the breed was almost lost due to a crossbreeding to give a round head snub nosed more of a pop eyed version.....

in 1926 an american named roswell eldgrige offered a cash prize to anyone exhibiting a long nose version similar to those appearing in van dyck's paintings of king charles II and his spaniels.... breeders rose to the challenge and by 1945 they recreated the breed... i believe in england there is a breed (round head snub nosed bug-eyes) called the "king charles spaniel" the "cavalier king charles" is the the breed like chuckie.... dark round expressive eyes that are large but not prominent. conical muzzle and a flat skull... long silky coat , feathering on the ears, legs, feet and tail... they come in four colorings..

tri color white black and tan (chuckie)

blenheim white with chestnut markings

ruby .... which is an all red color

and black and tan ..... which is black .... and tan.

they are great with children .... will actually hunt... small dog big heart.... chuckie likes to chase airplanes.... *L* one of these days he will catch one..... just hope he dont bury it in the yard.

they were first shown and recognized by the AKC in 1996.

there more than you ever wanted to know about the cavs.... *L* biggrin.gif

Rindy 
Posted: 25-Jan-2005, 10:59 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

female

Thank you for the information dundee, they sound like quite the dog. Cute too! Keep the pictures coming.

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
Highland Lassie 
Posted: 29-Jan-2005, 12:56 PM
Quote Post

Queen of the Dancing Horse
Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Massachusetts

female

CelticRose Such Beutiful dogss!!!! Their so cute. We recently bought a new puppy!! Shes a Pomerainion. She looks like afox. Shes very fluffy and tiny!!! She sure has a bark. Hunter (my big Canadian Lab) loves her! When he is in the living room with her. he is so careful not to step on her. he holds his feet up while she's running all around him. Hunter sure gave us a scare a few months ago. I was on my way home from the barn and we found out that hunter had gone missing. We drove all over town yelling his name and asking people if they had seen him. No one had not even our neighbors. So after two hours of looking for him , we went home. I decided to look around the house one more time. I called his name ...no hunter. So I went in my room, turned the light on and saw something that looked like hunters tail under mybed. So I went over and looked and their was hunter! Sound Asleep under the bed. Wow did he give us a scare!
anybody else have any pet storys they would like to share?

Happy Doggie Walking!!

--------------------
Vicky MacArthur
I Am a Scottish Dancer and I am proud of my heritage

Horses and dogs are not my whole life....But they make my life whole!
PMEmail Poster               
Swanny 
Posted: 29-Jan-2005, 01:06 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Two Rivers, Alaska

male

While in town Thursday my wife decided to stop by the borough animal shelter. She found this little fellow. 3 months old, delightful personality, well socialized with other dogs and people, was put up for adoption when his previous family was redeployed (military) and unable to secure housing that allows pets.

He is allegedly an Irish wolfhound / Doberman pinscher cross. At 3 months of age weighs 22 lbs. Check out his feet.

user posted image

--------------------
user posted image "You can't run with the big dogs if you still pee like a puppy".

Stardancer Historical Freight Dogs, Two Rivers, Alaska.

"Aut pax, aut bellum" (Clan Gunn)
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 29-Jan-2005, 01:18 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

female

What a cutie Swanny! Did you come up with a name yet? He is going to be pretty big.
I love any kind of dog!!!

Here is a more recent picture of my Schipperke he has finished playing is now ready for a nap.

PMEmail Poster               
Swanny 
Posted: 29-Jan-2005, 02:51 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Two Rivers, Alaska

male

We're considering a couple of names. So far Sheamus and Sasquatch are in the running. He was previously called "Goliath" but he doesn't answer to it so I don't think it's really "his" name, if you know what I mean.

We also considered "Bailey's" after our favorite coffee creamer, but it doesn't seem to fit him well.

We don't have to be in a rush. The right moniker will suggest itself in short order. Meanwhile he answers to "pup-pup" well enough, especially when there is food involved.

I don't think I've ever seen a Schipperke up here in this part of Alaska. They seem to be attractive little dogs, and if we bring a third dog into the house it will definately have to be a little dog.

How well do they interact with other dogs? Especially larger dogs?

S
PMEmail Poster               
Shadows 
Posted: 29-Jan-2005, 03:02 PM
Quote Post

Reader of souls, vision seeker, TROLL
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: The frontier of Penn's Woods

male

Knowing you and looking at that pup I would call him:

Trekker!

--------------------
I support the separation of church and hate!

IMAGINATION - the freest and largest nation in the world!

One can not profess to be of "GOD" and show intolerence and prejudice towards the beliefs of others.

Am fear nach gleidh na h–airm san t–sith, cha bhi iad aige ’n am a’ chogaidh.
He that keeps not his arms in time of peace will have none in time of war.

"We're all in this together , in the parking lot between faith and fear" ... O.C.M.S.

“Beasts feed; man eats; only the man of intellect knows how to eat well.”

"Without food we are nothing, without history we are lost." - SHADOWS

Is iomadh duine laghach a mhill an Creideamh.
Religion has spoiled many a good man.

The clan MacEwen
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               
DesertRose 
Posted: 29-Jan-2005, 03:45 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

Hi Highland Lassie! so good to hear from you! Thanks for your compliments on my spoilt buddies! Let's see some photos of your animals. Poms are so cute but like you say, they can bark!

wow! That was really a scare with your Hunter! Glad to hear he was safe and sound.

I had a similar experience once with my Nikki. He was a rescue Sheltie and I had only had him for a few days. We lived out in the country and had no fenced in yard as we do now. My hubby had trained my other two Shelties to catch a frisbee, which they loved more than anything! Well hubby was trying to teach new Nikki to do it too and it scared him to death and he ran and hid underneath a Rhododendrum bush. Hubby didn't see where he had run off too cause he was too busy watching the other two dogs. I was in the house. When Fred announced that Nikki was missing, I went berserk! We walked and drove all over the place looking for this dog. I was bawling by the time I got home and gave up. The all of a sudden he ran out from underneath the bush! I was so relieved and ecstatic! To this day, Nikki is still afraid of the frisbee!
Rindy 
Posted: 29-Jan-2005, 03:48 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

female

QUOTE (Swanny @ 29-Jan-2005, 12:51 PM)
We're considering a couple of names.  So far Sheamus and Sasquatch are in the running.  He was previously called "Goliath" but he doesn't answer to it so I don't think it's really "his" name, if you know what I mean.

We also considered "Bailey's" after our favorite coffee creamer, but it doesn't seem to fit him well. 

We don't have to be in a rush.  The right moniker will suggest itself in short order.  Meanwhile he answers to "pup-pup" well enough, especially when there is food involved.

I don't think I've ever seen a Schipperke up here in this part of Alaska.  They seem to be attractive little dogs, and if we bring a third dog into the house it will definately have to be a little dog. 

How well do they interact with other dogs?  Especially larger dogs?

S

Hey there, like you said the name will come. My brother used to live in Alaska. He shows Belgian Sheepdogs. The look like a huge black wolf. I thought I would put in this link. Schipperkes can get a long with other dogs, I really don't know if they do or not. Let me know when you think of a name... He sure is a cutie! Hope this url works..

http://pages.ivillage.com/jeanenyc/

What is a Schipperke?

Unique Silhouette First Rate Companion Health

The schipperke's silhouette is unique in the dog world.
The Schipperke is truly a unique representative of the dog world. A Schipperke is a small bundle of black fur that will fill your days and nights with constant companionship and love. From the instant he makes your acquaintance, the Schipperke will impress you with his personable ways and unending energy.

In appearance, the Schipperke is a small, compact, thick-set dog with a distinctive silhouette unlike any other breed. His black, thick coat grows in several distinct lengths, in a unique pattern, which is enhanced by a "double" coat: longer, harsher outer hairs over a soft, fluffier undercoat.
The correct Schipperke coat is abundant around the neck, forming a ruff which blends into a "jabot," or apron, down his chest and between his forelegs. A distinct cape appears behind the ruff over and across his shoulders, and on the rear of his thighs, there will be culottes as long as the ruff. The remainder of the body coat is shorter, and shortest of all on the face and lower legs.

The Schipperke's head is foxlike and his expression very quizzical. Although occasionally a Schipperke may be born without a tail, most are surgically removed. Schipperkes generally range from 10 to 13 inches at the shoulder, and weigh up to 18 pounds.

Although the Schipperke is small in stature, he is not short on intelligence or devotion. Definitely a high energy dog, the Schipperke is insatiably inquisitive. He leaves no new leaf or new piece of furniture unexplored, until he has familiarized himself completely with everything about your house. Always anxious to please his family, he is aware of the changes in your moods and adjusts himself accordingly. Unique Silhouette
The Schipperke is first a companion and watchdog. His first concern is you--his family. He is always alert and aware of what is happening around his domain, and his sharp bark warns all strangers that he is on guard.

His temperament shows him to be a positive dog, exhibiting very strong likes and dislikes, capable of making a decision about a situation. He is fond of children and frequently will attach himself to the children of the family, becoming their loving, loyal and watchful companion. First Rate Companion

The Schipperke is usually a long-lived dog. Many have lived to be 16 to 18 years of age. Because of their long lifespan and little if any illness, the breed is generally considered one with very few prominent health problems. Most require little more than "ordinary" care, good food, clean water, proper exercise, protection from extreme weather, regular vet checkups and love from their owners.
PMEmail Poster               
DesertRose 
Posted: 29-Jan-2005, 03:49 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

Swanny! What a beautiful pup and a great story! He is going to be a big dog, especially if he has Irish Wolfhound in him, which are wonderful dogs. I always love to hear it when folks get their pups from rescue or the shelter. I like the name Seamus! A good Irish name, I believe.

Rindy! You did it! You posted your pic in the little box! And your little boy is cute as can be! Great pic too! thumbs_up.gif
Rindy 
Posted: 29-Jan-2005, 04:07 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

female

QUOTE (CelticRose @ 29-Jan-2005, 01:49 PM)
Swanny! What a beautiful pup and a great story! He is going to be a big dog, especially if he has Irish Wolfhound in him, which are wonderful dogs. I always love to hear it when folks get their pups from rescue or the shelter. I like the name Seamus! A good Irish name, I believe.

Rindy! You did it! You posted your pic in the little box! And your little boy is cute as can be! Great pic too! thumbsup.gif

Hi Rose,

Yes, I finally figured the easy stuff out. DAH! Don't know about myself. laugh.gif I am glad you like the picture. Heck that is easy compared to the other stuff. How is Irish doing today? Have a great weekend Rose!

Swanny I also like Seamus. smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
©2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics ©2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt