Posted: 04-Aug-2005, 07:01 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

Realm: The desert of Arizona

female

QUOTE (Swanny @ 23-Jul-2005, 06:26 AM)
Hi Rose. I've been working way too much all summer. That is soon to be remedied, however.

I'll spare you from my personal opinion of PeTA < angel_not.gif > but I did find some information you may find interesting. It comes from the Uncaged Campaigns website.

Brands to Boycott

As mentioned above, the main culprits for cruel and unethical animal testing are the major international 'pet' food businesses.

* IAMS / Eukanuba owned by Procter & Gamble
    * Hills Science Diet owned by Colgate Palmolive

The majority of pet food brands available in the UK are produced by two animal testing companies - "Nestlé Purina/Friskies" and "Pedigree, Masterfoods (Mars Inc)."

* Nestlé Purina/Friskies: Alpo, Bonio, Felix, Go Cat, Gourmet, Omega Complete, Proplan, Spillers, Vital Balance, Winalot.
    * Pedigree, Masterfoods (Mars Inc): Bounce, Cesar, Chappie, Frolic, James Wellbeloved, Katkins, Kitekat, Pal, Pedigree Chum, Royal Canin, Sheba, Techni-cal (US & Canada), Whiskas. Pedigree also manufacture Thomas rabbit food and Trill bird food.

I quit feeding IAMS?Eukanuba when Procter and Gamble purchased the brands in 1999, because shortly after the purchase many dog mushers who had previously feed IAMS/Euk began complaining of nutrition related problems among their teams. As so often happens as a result of a mega-corporation buy-out, the quality of their products went down hill.

Swanny

Hey Swanny! Well I'll be! I am not a card carrying member of Peta, but have always supported it thinking they were doing good things for animals. Thanks for the links. So Pedigree does animal testing too, eh? What a shock!

I looked at the recommended foods, but none of those are sold in my area. I used to feed my dogs NutraMax and LOVED that food. I always heard it was one of the best. So I guess Pedigree is no better than Iams/Eukanuba then? So I missed it somewhere. What brand do you feed yours now? Thanks and hope you quit working so hard soon.

--------------------
Fine art & photography by DESERT ROSE IMAGES
http://www.desertrose-images.com
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMy Photo Album               
Swanny 
Posted: 04-Aug-2005, 11:44 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Two Rivers, Alaska

male

Rose, I feed Hill's Science Diet to my guys. While I'm at work I board them at a busy racing sled dog kennel where the eat the same chow as their dog sled buddies. Mike feeds essentially a BARF diet, using good quality whole-grain rice as a filler or bulking agent. It must be a good combination for them, because they both have beautiful full coats and are active enough to keep me plenty occupied trying to keep up with them.

Swanny

--------------------
user posted image "You can't run with the big dogs if you still pee like a puppy".

Stardancer Historical Freight Dogs, Two Rivers, Alaska.

"Aut pax, aut bellum" (Clan Gunn)
PMEmail Poster               
DesertRose 
Posted: 07-Aug-2005, 11:15 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

Oh, ok! Thanks Swanny. I appreciate the info. Hope you are doing well.
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 03-Oct-2005, 02:32 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacOak

Realm: Pursuing happiness at 'The Shire' in western Georgia where hummingbirds buzz & horses graze

female

Now who doesn't need a cat to help the printer spit out the desired page?!?

Attached Image. Works with IE only! (Click thumbnail to expand)
Attached Image (Works with IE Only)

--------------------
"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king..."
user posted image

SGGardner Art

www.SouthernShireFarm.com
PMEmail PosterUsers Website               View My Space Profile.
DesertRose 
Posted: 07-Oct-2005, 11:52 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

Bahahahahahaha! SB! That is too funny! You should enter that photo in a contest somewhere! Cats! They are indeed characters, aren't they? My sis said that she was awaken at 2 am the other night to squealing. She got up to find her two cats had corned a mouse in her bathroom! A mouse?! Holy cow! ohmy.gif
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 12-Oct-2005, 02:19 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacOak

Realm: Pursuing happiness at 'The Shire' in western Georgia where hummingbirds buzz & horses graze

female

Your poor sis! That's both awful and terrific at the same time, isn't it - Bad to have a mouse in the house but great to have fierce kitties to defend their domain. biggrin.gif

Milo is the most fascinating cat, he likes just about everybody. He's got a routine now when I'm sitting here typing, he climbs up the chair behind me, purring & meowing the whole time, I reach back behind my head to pet him, he climbs down my left shoulder & sits in my lap, then he starts all over again by going back up the chair to behind my head. What a hoot!
PMEmail PosterUsers Website               View My Space Profile.
Rindy 
Posted: 12-Oct-2005, 07:49 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

female

QUOTE (Siobhan Blues @ 03-Oct-2005, 01:32 PM)
Now who doesn't need a cat to help the printer spit out the desired page?!?

SB- Love the picture...LOL- I'll bet that gets the cat going..I agree with Celtic Rose you should enter that in a contest.

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
stoirmeil 
Posted: 13-Oct-2005, 03:19 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

QUOTE (Rindy @ 12-Oct-2005, 07:49 PM)
SB-  Love the picture...LOL- I'll bet that gets the cat going..I agree with Celtic Rose you should enter that in a contest.

Slainte smile.gif

Now if you can just get him to proofread it. . . biggrin.gif

I know, about the mouse sad.gif . In a way it's good to have the cats on duty to keep the place free of rodents, but then you think about the poor mouse, or about the cats eating it . . .

brrrrrr. wild kingdom, right in the bathroom. fear.gif
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
©2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics ©2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt