Moon Child 
Posted: 13-Jul-2005, 04:24 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Saskatchewan, Canada

female

Valpal, your babies are beautiful!!! Are Cody and Max brothers since their the same age or did you acquire them each separately??
PMEmail Poster                
Rindy 
Posted: 13-Jul-2005, 12:32 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

female

Great picture Valpal- you have your hands full here...LOL laugh.gif

Thanks for sharing

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
valpal59 
Posted: 16-Jul-2005, 08:55 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Texas Panhandle

female

Moonchild, Cody and Sadie are out of a litter our choc. lab had. Sadie never left, no one wanted her because she was really shy. The guy who had Cody didn't want him anymore after he lost his back leg. Max was brought to us by a farmer who found him out in one of his fields. You could see his ribs and someone had beaten him. We were going to get him well then find him a good home. We already had 3 dogs at the time. Needless to say he never left. The vet. estmated his age. Old dogs are a handful. smile.gif

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.

You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

Author Unknown
PMEmail Poster               View my Facebook Profile.View My Space Profile.
Moon Child 
Posted: 18-Jul-2005, 04:20 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Saskatchewan, Canada

female

That's so sad to hear of animals being beaten or neglected or even given away just because someone doesn't want to deal with them!! If people didn't want to take care of their animals in good or bad situations with them why even have them in the first place!! wink.gif It's nice to hear how you acquired them and now they have a loving family and a home to be safe with!!! smile.gif
PMEmail Poster                
Swanny 
Posted: 19-Jul-2005, 11:28 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Two Rivers, Alaska

male

Of all the dogs I've owned in my life, most were rescues. They can be a vexation at first and usually require quite a bit of patience and work, but I have yet to rescue a dog that I regretted.

Speaking of rescued dogs, wee Seamus is doing great. I watched he and Chinook wrestling this morning and suddenly realized that the "little guy" isn't so little any more. He's nearly as tall as his St. Bernard-mix buddy.

Both of these boys are in for a real treat. A wonderful friend of mine who just happens to be the American Pet Dog Trainers Association conference chair (and member of the year), is coming up for a 10 day visit. Janece specializes in service dogs and "problem behaviors" and is one of the smartest "dog people" I've ever known. I think the mutts and I are all going to learn some neat new things and Janece is going to meet Aily Zirkle and learn about dog mushing. Now, how's THAT for a good trade?

Swanny

--------------------
user posted image "You can't run with the big dogs if you still pee like a puppy".

Stardancer Historical Freight Dogs, Two Rivers, Alaska.

"Aut pax, aut bellum" (Clan Gunn)
PMEmail Poster               
talleyrand 
Posted: 20-Jul-2005, 12:58 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: Kansas City, Missouri USA

male

I figured I'll join this thread with a pair of photos of our dog Mouse. We got him Mother's day 4 years ago and the sign advertised "free purebred border collie pups." Well that's a bargain so we went on up and picked one out. Cute little pup, liked to burrow down into the crook of your arm or lap like a mouse and so the name stuck. Free purebred border collie pups are a rare thing because our dog that should have topped out at 35 pounds is about 75 pounds. Our vet says he thinks it's likely a border collie / German shepherd mix or B.C. / Huskie. We think he favors the shepherd more. At any rate, he's been a good dog so far, pretty bright and he's settling down so he's less wild although his tail is still a dangerous weapon.

Mouse in the wild

Mouse and my family

--------------------
I don't think of myself as a lion. You might as well, though - I have a mighty roar.
Jubel Early
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
Rindy 
Posted: 20-Jul-2005, 09:39 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

female

Swanny I am so glad to hear Seamus is doing good.. I remember when you got him...hope you enjoy your friend.

talleyrand- mouse is huge-tall tall dog. Are you sure he doesn't have wolfhound in him...
Nice pictures..

My dog has had a problem with his bowel movements come to find out the vet put him out and removed something he has no idea what it was big ball of something..gave us a expensive bag of dog food that the dog hates but oh well..
Poor dog had about 3 months of this..
I know we all had the big discussion on what to feed them, Swanny can I ask you what you feed you dogs?

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Swanny 
Posted: 20-Jul-2005, 09:55 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

male

Is that "Mouse" or "Moose"? Either way he's a find looking big dog.

I feed Science Diet Beef and Lamb to my guys, as that is what my vet recommends. When I'm at work they board at a dog sled racing kennel, where they are fed the same as their racing buddies, about 1/4 kibble and 3/4 high protein/fat recipe that Mike Green guards almost as carefully as he guards his family jewels. (or is that "family treasures", I always get the two confused).

Swanny

PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 20-Jul-2005, 10:28 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

female

QUOTE (Swanny @ 20-Jul-2005, 09:55 PM)
Is that "Mouse" or "Moose"? Either way he's a find looking big dog.

I feed Science Diet Beef and Lamb to my guys, as that is what my vet recommends. When I'm at work they board at a dog sled racing kennel, where they are fed the same as their racing buddies, about 1/4 kibble and 3/4 high protein/fat recipe that Mike Green guards almost as carefully as he guards his family jewels. (or is that "family treasures", I always get the two confused).

Swanny

Thank you for the information Swanny.. I will try it, the vet charges $40.00 a bag..small 8lb bag...it has rice and lamb anyhow what do you mean by kibbles?? I have a feeling it not kibbles and bits...LOL my dog is a schipperke and is very energetic but not a sled dog..
Thanks again..

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Swanny 
Posted: 21-Jul-2005, 12:15 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

male

Sorry 'bout that. "Kibble" refers to commercial dried dogfood.

I think at that price your vet must be committing some sort of felony. Even up here in Alaska I only have to pay $48.00 for a 40 lb. bag of Science Diet, and most premium dogfoods run about the same price up here.

There is an incredible amount of controversy regarding the "best" food for dogs. Rather than contribute to the controversy I'll provide the URL to a pretty good website on canine nutrition that may help you sort things out - http://www.labbies.com/nutri.htm.

Swanny
PMEmail Poster               
DesertRose 
Posted: 23-Jul-2005, 05:09 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: The desert of Arizona

female

Swanny, where the heck have you been? I have so missed talking to you. I referred a Scotsman to your website in hopes he would order prints of the Jacobite. Not sure if he actually did or not.

Your dogs are beautiful! I love Border Collies and always hope to get one, but I always manage to take in rescue Sheltie insteads. cool.gif

I recently changed my dog food from Iams/Eukanuba to Pedigree. Being an advocate of PETA, I found out that Iams/Eukanuba does animal testing on their food products. Pedigree does not and was highly recomended so I now get the lamb and rice brand. The good thing too is that my dogs do not poop nearly as much now smile.gif

--------------------
Fine art & photography by DESERT ROSE IMAGES
http://www.desertrose-images.com
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMy Photo Album               
Swanny 
Posted: 23-Jul-2005, 06:26 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

male

Hi Rose. I've been working way too much all summer. That is soon to be remedied, however.

I'll spare you from my personal opinion of PeTA < angel_not.gif > but I did find some information you may find interesting. It comes from the Uncaged Campaigns website.

Brands to Boycott

As mentioned above, the main culprits for cruel and unethical animal testing are the major international 'pet' food businesses.

* IAMS / Eukanuba owned by Procter & Gamble
    * Hills Science Diet owned by Colgate Palmolive

The majority of pet food brands available in the UK are produced by two animal testing companies - "Nestlé Purina/Friskies" and "Pedigree, Masterfoods (Mars Inc)."

* Nestlé Purina/Friskies: Alpo, Bonio, Felix, Go Cat, Gourmet, Omega Complete, Proplan, Spillers, Vital Balance, Winalot.
    * Pedigree, Masterfoods (Mars Inc): Bounce, Cesar, Chappie, Frolic, James Wellbeloved, Katkins, Kitekat, Pal, Pedigree Chum, Royal Canin, Sheba, Techni-cal (US & Canada), Whiskas. Pedigree also manufacture Thomas rabbit food and Trill bird food.

I quit feeding IAMS?Eukanuba when Procter and Gamble purchased the brands in 1999, because shortly after the purchase many dog mushers who had previously feed IAMS/Euk began complaining of nutrition related problems among their teams. As so often happens as a result of a mega-corporation buy-out, the quality of their products went down hill.

Swanny
PMEmail Poster               
birddog20002001 
Posted: 23-Jul-2005, 02:44 PM
Quote Post

No Dude, It's the Isle of Dude, Dude.
Group Icon

Group: Isle of Man
ZodiacRowan

Realm: North Carolina

male

...who ruthlessly conduct experiments on animals to try to give their pet food a competitive marketing edge.

Um, I wouldn't want to buy any dog food that has not been tested for the safety of dogs.

--------------------
"when a person is prepared to die for a cause, and indeed to glory in such a death, it impossible to supress him or the cause it represents." Jawaharlal Nehru

"Only the suppressed word is dangerous." Ludwig Borne

"All of our freedoms are a single bundle, all must be secure if any is to be preserved." Dwight David Eisenhower

"All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are both immortal and divine." Socrates
PMEmail Poster               
Swanny 
Posted: 24-Jul-2005, 06:36 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

male

BD, the testing that IAMS/Euk and Pedigree are alleged to have conducted are different than the feeding test required to ensure the feed provides adequate and balanced nutrition. In the latter case live dogs are fed an exclusive diet of the food for six months to determine that it truly does meet their nutritional needs.

A description of the studies allegedly performed by IAMS/Eukanuba can be seen at http://www.uncaged.co.uk/iams01.htm. Please note that this information is presented from a very one-sided perspective and that PeTA, HSUS and many other animal rights organizations have a long-standing reputation for for misrepresenting the facts of many issues.

Swanny
PMEmail Poster               
Swanny 
Posted: 24-Jul-2005, 06:46 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

male

IAMS' response to the allegations levied by animal rights organizations can also be read on-line, at http://www.iamstruth.com/iamstruth/en_US/j...=RP&articleID=6 Please note that we can expect IAMS' perspective to be every bit as one-sided as that of the their activist opponents. I suspect the "truth" lies somewhere in the middle ground of the controversy.

Swanny
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
©2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics ©2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt