DesertRose 
Posted: 21-Apr-2005, 07:10 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

Realm: The desert of Arizona

female

Hi Swanny! First of all, let me express my condolences! I am so very sorry for your tragic loss. I can't imagine losing my spouse. Talk anytime you need to. Come join us in The Gathering Place in the discussion forum, why don't you? There we talk about everything and anything that is going on with us. Sometimes it helps to talk to others about our pain.

I have heard that Alaska is so very beautiful! Hubby and I plan an Alaskan cruise up there one day.

Saw your cutie dogs! They are beautiful and can tell very well behaved. Thanks for the advice on wee Irish. She ran outside with me yesterday when I went to go talk to a neighbor, so I really need to work on her about staying at the door. Nikki, my other Sheltie knows better and is real good about staying when I go outside for a minute, but I have had him since he was 2 and he will be 10 in June.

I LOVE your avatar, especially after having seen it larger! Wow! What a beautiful painting and what I wouldn't give to have a print of that. Where could I at least get a card? It is stunning!

Hey Rindy! A stubborn wee beast you got there, eh? Mine too! But mine will train well if I work with them. Does Ninja?

--------------------
Fine art & photography by DESERT ROSE IMAGES
http://www.desertrose-images.com
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMy Photo Album               
Swanny 
Posted: 22-Apr-2005, 07:36 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Two Rivers, Alaska

male

Thank you all for your condolences and best wishes. I have a strong support group, live in the most supportive community in the world, and "did dinner" with my councelor last night. I'm doing okay for now. As well as can be expected.

What a beautiful painting and what I wouldn't give to have a print of that. Where could I at least get a card? It is stunning!

It just happens that I know a dealer of Robert Griffing art (drum roll, please). ME. biggrin.gif

My website is at http://www.norwestcompany.com. Scroll down the navigation frame to "Historically Inspired Art Prints and Posters to see some more of Mr. Griffings work.

I don't list the note cards, but "The Jacobite" notecards run $10.00 plus shipping for a set of 8. Shipping runs $3.85.

Swanny

--------------------
user posted image "You can't run with the big dogs if you still pee like a puppy".

Stardancer Historical Freight Dogs, Two Rivers, Alaska.

"Aut pax, aut bellum" (Clan Gunn)
PMEmail Poster               
DesertRose 
Posted: 22-Apr-2005, 02:11 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

Thanks so much Swanny! I checked out your website. Mr. Griffings did some awesome work. Is he still alive? I didn't see The Jacobite in there though. How would I go about getting the notecards though? thanks so much! And I am glad to hear you have a good support system. That really helps. Take care of yourself. Are you still having snow where you are?
Rindy 
Posted: 22-Apr-2005, 10:28 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

female

Swanny, thank you so much for the site. Take care of yourself now...you are in my thoughts and prayers. Glad to hear you are getting counseling..

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 22-Apr-2005, 10:43 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

female

QUOTE (Rindy1202 @ 22-Apr-2005, 09:28 PM)
Swanny, thank you so much for the site. Take care of yourself now...you are in my thoughts and prayers. Glad to hear you are getting counseling..

Slainte smile.gif

Celtic Rose, Ninja will do anything for food... Including fight to the death!!! laugh.gif

Have a Oidhehe math wink.gif
PMEmail Poster               
DesertRose 
Posted: 24-Apr-2005, 02:42 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

Rindy! That sounds like Irish! laugh.gif She LOVES her food!
Rindy 
Posted: 24-Apr-2005, 05:24 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

female

Sounds like me!! HEE HEE! Although I don't recall having to fight to the death for it..
PMEmail Poster               
Swanny 
Posted: 26-Apr-2005, 09:14 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Two Rivers, Alaska

male

QUOTE (CelticRose @ 22-Apr-2005, 11:11 AM)
Thanks so much Swanny! I checked out your website. Mr. Griffings did some awesome work. Is he still alive? I didn't see The Jacobite in there though. How would I go about getting the notecards though? thanks so much! And I am glad to hear you have a good support system. That really helps. Take care of yourself. Are you still having snow where you are?

Robert Griffing is very much alive, and continues to produce fine historically inspired works of art. As you can imagine his work is very popular.

For note cards, just use the "contact" form on my web site and I'll get them ordered up for you.

It's finally break-up here in the Interior of Alaska. Temperatures range from lows in the 30s to highs in the 60s. Locally we refer to this time of year as "mud season". I have several good sized bare spots in my yard, and the rest of it is melting fast.

Swanny

PMEmail Poster               
Athdara 
  Posted: 28-Apr-2005, 06:04 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacHazel

female

Hello everyone,

I'm fairly new here, but I couldn't resist the invitation to swap pics of my dog, Rose.

She's a 9 year old beagle-bassett mix (about 26" long neck to base of tail). We suspect she comes from a long line of warrior princesses. Her hobbies include long walks, and smacking me on the leg with her paw whenever I'm trying to eat a "jeely piece" at the computer. Rose was adopted out of a regional breed rescue on January 25, 2004. She is the delight of our days.

Her full story is available on Dogster.

user posted image

--------------------
~Athdara the Bold
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 28-Apr-2005, 06:45 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

female

Rose is so cute!!!!! Glad to hear she was rescued..

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
DesertRose 
Posted: 30-Apr-2005, 02:37 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

QUOTE (Swanny @ 26-Apr-2005, 10:14 AM)
Robert Griffing is very much alive, and continues to produce fine historically inspired works of art. As you can imagine his work is very popular.

For note cards, just use the "contact" form on my web site and I'll get them ordered up for you.

It's finally break-up here in the Interior of Alaska. Temperatures range from lows in the 30s to highs in the 60s. Locally we refer to this time of year as "mud season". I have several good sized bare spots in my yard, and the rest of it is melting fast.

Swanny

I contacted you Swanny about the notecards. Thanks so much! I am going to frame one of them and hang in my studio. wink.gif

Hope spring comes for you soon up there in Alaska.
DesertRose 
Posted: 30-Apr-2005, 02:41 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

Hi Athdara! Welcome to the site. I don't think we have met! I love your doggie, Rose! Is she a Princess? I take in rescue Shelties and my female thinks she is a Princess. She is such a girl! rolleyes.gif

glad to hear you take in rescues too and thanks for sharing her story too. My Irish gets on her hind legs and paws at my shoulders to beg for food when I am at the computer. laugh.gif
Irish Stepper 
Posted: 03-May-2005, 04:37 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacOak

Realm: Maryland

female

This is the first time posting a picture, so I hope it turns out ok. Here's a picture of Sambucca and Nikita clowning around on the kids' playground. cool.gif It's kinda blurry because I took the picture through a screen. unsure.gif

Attached Image. Works with IE only! (Click thumbnail to expand)
Attached Image (Works with IE Only)

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
Irish Stepper 
Posted: 03-May-2005, 04:42 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacOak

female

Here's a close-up of Sambucca.

Irish Stepper 
Posted: 03-May-2005, 04:42 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacOak

female

And here's Nikita...

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics 2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt