Posted on 03-Dec-2004, 12:06 AM
Quote Post

Mistress of the Hearth Fires, Dreamer of the Woods
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacRowan

Realm: New England

female

I'm another milk&sugar lover. Coffee's too bitter otherwise (for my taste). I've found recently that Ovaltine makes a nice substitute for sugar, though -- like drinking hot chocolate with a kick! Every once in a while, if things are really busy/hectic, and I've been good, then I'll treat myself to a Peppermint Mocha (1/2 caff) at Starbucks (Mmmmmmmmmmmm)! I haven't been able to tolerate full-strength coffee since going off of it during pregnancy (many moons ago now). Somehow, I just couldn't get used to all the jitters again w00t1.gif Besides, babies need calm Moms! wub.gif

Ah well.
Dreamer1

--------------------
Look with the eyes of a child.

'Hope guides me. It is what gets me through the day, and especially the night.' -- A Knight's Tale
"I talk to you as I talk to my own soul...and, Sassenach,” he whispered, “your face is my heart.” -- Jamie Fraser, "Dragonfly In Amber" by Diana Gabaldon
user posted image
@Dremnghrt on Twitter, Dreamnghrt on tumblr - come say Hi!
PMEmail Poster               View my Twitter Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
ImmortalAvalon 
Posted on 03-Dec-2004, 12:44 AM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

Realm: North Carolina

female

I prefer my coffee with milk and sugar (sometimes with enough milk to make it a latte even if I did start out with water when I made it biggrin.gif). Though, in truth, I'm more of a hot chocolate kind of girl, with whipped cream and cinnamon! Yummmmmmmm!
PMEmail PosterUsers Website               
celtica 
Posted on 03-Dec-2004, 01:20 PM
Quote Post

Lady of the mists
Group Icon

Group: Brittany
ZodiacOak

Realm: Brest - Brittany

female

I love coffee ! Black and very strong but with a little sugar. I should say I NEED coffee. Impossible to talk with me in the morning before I have drunk my 2 mugs....I drink about 15 mugs a day. It's a tradition here in Brittany smile.gif .

--------------------
Que restera-t-il de notre sang mêlé au sel, sans trace dans les mémoires ? Une ultime navigation, trompeuse. Et des souvenirs, illuminés d'embruns. Mais condamnés au silence de la mer... Loïc Finaz.
user posted image
gaberlunzie 
Posted on 03-Dec-2004, 01:37 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

I have cut down the number of cups I'm drinking of it a day...but I still love my coffe black and hot like hell... tongue.gif

--------------------
"Now here's my secret", said the fox, "it is very simple. It is only with ones heart that one can see clearly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."

("The Little Prince" by Antoine de Saint-Exupery)

"The soul would have no rainbow, if the eye had no tears."
(Native American Proverb)
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
susieq76 
Posted on 03-Dec-2004, 01:47 PM
Quote Post

Queen of the Stars
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacVine

Realm: Middle o' North Carolina

female

QUOTE (ImmortalAvalon @ 03-Dec-2004, 01:44 AM)
I prefer my coffee with milk and sugar (sometimes with enough milk to make it a latte even if I did start out with water when I made it biggrin.gif). Though, in truth, I'm more of a hot chocolate kind of girl, with whipped cream and cinnamon! Yummmmmmmm!

I am in the same boat as you and WizardofOwls!! I like to have a bit of coffee with my cream and sugar. I love the Starbucks blends, and cafe au laits. I also am one of not many folks I know that only like light roasted coffee. Nowhere near dark for me!! I can't handle it. My favorite is Viennese with Cinnamon. Mmmm....Can't remember the brand, but only one grocery store carries it around here anyway.

BTW - great avatar Immortal! it's gorgeous!

--------------------
"Alas for those who never sing and die with all their music left in them" - Oliver Wendell Holmes
freekenny 
Posted on 03-Dec-2004, 02:04 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Beaches of North Carolina & Mountains of Kentucky

female

O'siyo,
~ Don't do coffee..I've tried it but, it makes me crazy dribble.gif Yeah, crazier than I am on any given day..and that can get a bit scary! lol.gif But, I love the aroma of a good Hazelnut coffee!
~~Sty-U red_bandana.gif

--------------------
I always knew one day I would travel this road;I just did not know that today would be the day....

'Each man is good in his sight. It is not necessary for eagles to be crows' --Sitting Bull

'Why do you take by force what you could obtain by love?'
--Powhatan

'HeartAches mend, HeartBreaks are everlasting'-- my own quote, seeker
PMEmail Poster               
freekenny 
Posted on 03-Dec-2004, 02:12 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Beaches of North Carolina & Mountains of Kentucky

female

QUOTE (WizardofOwls @ 02-Dec-2004, 11:23 PM)
I voted for "cream and sugar" only becasue there was not a "so much cream its white and so much sugar the spoon stands by itself in the center of the cup" option! I technically don't like coffee, but with enough milk and sugar to disguise the taste, its not so bad!

BTW, everyone talks about how good coffee smells when its brewing, so why does it smell like fresh road-kill skunk to me?  unsure.gif

O'siyo WizardofOwls,
~ This post has nothin' to do with coffee but, I saw your 'realm' and I just had to say I go to Wytheville once a month! rolleyes.gif Po' Boys..an O'ginalli of mine and his wife have a concrete stand there where I purchase Angels..matter of fact they are holding a huge statue of Jesus and another huge Angel that I am going to pick up for my Nana for X-Mas!! biggrin.gif I also go down there to purchase enough Apple Butter and Produce from the various stands to feed a third-world country! lol.gif Sorry, just wanted to share that!
~Sty-U red_bandana.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Redbud 
Posted on 03-Dec-2004, 02:28 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

Realm: North Texas

female

I mix up my own low-sugar hot cocoa mix, & I add a scoop of that to a large cup of coffee. Otherwise, it's just cream for me.

A nice treat I've discovered is adding one of Land 'o Lakes flavored cocoa mixes to my coffee. My favorites are the raspberry & Chocolate Supreme.

Sherry

--------------------
user posted image
Herrerano 
Posted on 03-Dec-2004, 02:54 PM
Quote Post

Lord of the Isthmus, Keeper of the Holy Barbecue
Group Icon

Group: Galicia
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Republica de Panamá

male

We have one little coffee tree in the back with the chickens. One time my mother in law decided she was going to make use of it so she picked the beans and dried them in the sun and then in the old timey way dug a hole and started a fire then threw some dirt on top and then buried the beans to roast. Later she ground it and brewed some. tongue.gif It was without a doubt the worst coffee I have ever had in my life, I took one sip and handed the cup back to my wife. The response was classic Panamanian, "No sirve, huh." There really must be something to the mountain part of mountain grown. biggrin.gif

Leo

--------------------

Consistency. It's only a virtue if you're not a screwup.

Ita erat quando hic adveni.

Time is a great teacher, but unfortunatley it kills all its pupils. - Hector Berlioz

"No matter where you go, there you are." - R. Young

¡Visté! ¡Te lo dijé!
TheCarolinaScotsman 
Posted on 03-Dec-2004, 03:13 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: North Carolina

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #2
2,147,483,647 Gold!

I'm the only one in the family that never started drinking coffee. Just don't care for it. Gabby, my mom was like you, she had to have hers hot as hell til one day she literally blistered her tongue (the skin peeled in a couple days). After that she took it only hot as hades. rolleyes.gif

Mom also used to tell the story of drinking coffee when, as a small girl, she visited an old maid aunt. This was sometime prior to 1920. The aunt was a very prim and proper lady who didn't approve of children drinking coffee. She would tell mom that if she kept drinking that coffee, she'd turn "black as Gus". (Gus was an old black man who worked for the aunt) For ever after the phrase "black as Gus" has been used in my family to describe anything that is very black.

--------------------
TheCarolinaScotsman

Ya'll drive safe and come back soon.
gaberlunzie 
Posted on 03-Dec-2004, 03:47 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

QUOTE (TheCarolinaScotsman @ 03-Dec-2004, 03:13 PM)
I'm the only one in the family that never started drinking coffee. Just don't care for it. Gabby, my mom was like you, she had to have hers hot as hell til one day she literally blistered her tongue (the skin peeled in a couple days). After that she took it only hot as hades. rolleyes.gif

http://www.cosgan.de/images/more/bigs/a093.gif I only hope I won't have to share this experience one day...sounds horrible! Your poor Mother, Bill... sad.gif

I like the story about "black as Gus"! cool.gif
gypseyreyne 
Posted on 03-Dec-2004, 04:00 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacRowan

female

I chose other because I like mine with soy milk until it is white and whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon. I have not been able to drink coffee black since my grandfathers funeral. There was nothing in the house to drink but water and the endless perking of the coffee pot. No creamer, no milk, nothing but black coffee.I have no aunts or uncles who drink anything but black coffee. It reminds me of his death. Just can not drink it.

In the summer I drink a Woody from the coffee shop. Yummy yummy!

--------------------
Oh Lord! Thou knowest how busy I must be this day: if I forget thee, do not Thou forget me.Prayer uttered by Sir Philip Warwick before the battle of Edgehill.
PMEmail Poster               
MDF3530 
  Posted on 03-Dec-2004, 05:14 PM
Quote Post

Madman with a box
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacAlder

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

QUOTE (susieq76 @ 03-Dec-2004, 12:47 PM)
I also am one of not many folks I know that only like light roasted coffee. Nowhere near dark for me!! I can't handle it. My favorite is Viennese with Cinnamon. Mmmm....Can't remember the brand, but only one grocery store carries it around here anyway.

BTW - great avatar Immortal! it's gorgeous!

I don't care how dark or light the roast is, as long as it tastes good. The newer Exxon or Mobil stations carry Green Mountain coffees. I like the Breakfast Blend (the aroma makes me think of my dad's French toast), which is a light roast, and also an espresso roast called Dark Magic. Both are very tasty.

This post has been edited by MDF3530 on 04-Dec-2004, 12:30 PM

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
WizardofOwls 
Posted on 03-Dec-2004, 05:16 PM
Quote Post

Wanderer and Vagabond

ZodiacVine

Realm: Wytheville, Virginia

male

Hi there freekenny! I think its cool that you come to Wytheville! But since it is off topic, I'm PMing you to talk about! smile.gif that is just so cool! Maybe I'll get to meet you sometime!

--------------------
Slàn agus beannachd,
Allen R. Alderman

'S i Alba tìr mo chridhe. 'S i Gàidhlig cànan m' anama.
Scotland is the land of my heart. Gaelic is the language of my soul.
MacErca 
Posted on 03-Dec-2004, 06:46 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Houston, Texas

male

For me it has to be hot and black, got used to drinking it that way in the jungles, as we had no sugar.

--------------------
"Cuimhnich air na daoine o'n d'thaining thu"
Remember the men from whom you are descended.

I am Wolf.
It is my cry you hear in the night,
My eyes that gaze at you from the shadows.
It is my heart that beats in your Soul,
My strength that makes you whole.
I am Wolf. I am in you.
You are in Me. We Are Wolf.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMy Photo Album               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
©2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics ©2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt