ArizonaAmy9 
Posted: 12-Sep-2005, 10:00 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacVine

Realm: Tempe, Arizona USA

female

rolleyes.gif Ohhh, I have to agree...I request 1 GBS song every time I get on...after what I hear I think I have to make a GBS cd my next buy...I want the one with the DVD since they seem like they would be so much fun in concert! I really like Boston to St. Johns...maybe you have noticed how often it comes up as a request??? happy.gif PLUS I know what good taste Rindy has...so I know they are good!!

--------------------
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
ArizonaAmy9 
Posted: 29-Oct-2005, 01:27 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

clap.gif I am sooo excited!! My mailman just brought me my GBS cd/dvd. I took the advise of macfive and Rindy and got that one to start off with! Now, me and my little guys are going to sit down and have a listen to them!! I am so lucky - yesterday he brought me Mick West today Great Big Sea...So...if you don't see me on the rest of the day - you'll know why - I'm jamming GBS!! Yeah, Yeah, Yeah
CelticRadio 
Posted: 29-Oct-2005, 02:37 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
199,186 Gold!

GBS is awesome! We just added their brand new album and I will have more details on our news section.

Did you get the Live GBS CD/DVD combo? I think it is great they give you a whole concert to see on the DVD at no charge. They have done the same on their new CD. Just a wonderful group! thumbs_up.gif

--------------------
Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
Rindy 
Posted: 29-Oct-2005, 10:31 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Amy I am so glad you got it.. Now you have to let us all know if you liked it..
I haven't seen them live but would any chance I would get..

Macfive has good taste also wink.gif

Can't wait to hear the details on the new CD.. thumbs_up.gif

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
ArizonaAmy9 
Posted: 30-Oct-2005, 05:46 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

tongue.gif Yeppers...macfive and Rindy...I did get the dvd/cd combo and boy am I happy that I did! It is fun to see how they are in concert...who knows if I'll ever get to see the live myself so...it was fun to see how much they put into their show! Plus seeing the extras and interviews with them makes you feel like you know them! My youngest daughter was singing 'Donkey Riding' today...so also a hit with her!

I agree with Rindy too, can't wait to hear the new stuff...now that I am officially a GBS fan! Thanks for the recommendation you guys!!
ArizonaAmy9 
Posted: 30-Oct-2005, 06:46 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

HEY!! I was just on GBS's website and noticed that Tucson, AZ is on the tour list for a visit in February!! As soon as that is confirmed...I am getting tickets!! Yah!! Finally...someone coming to Arizona!! Now if we can just get CAD..... biggrin.gif
ArizonaAmy9 
Posted: 04-Nov-2005, 12:03 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

biggrin.gif I just got an email from Curtis McCrary in charge of Management and Booking at The Rialto Theatre in Tucson, AZ and he can confirm for me that Great Big Sea will be there on February 16th and that tickets will be on sale Saturday, Nov. 19th at 10 am. Their box office will be open from 10-noon or you can purchase online (www.rialtotheatre.com) or by phone at (520) 740-1000. Just in case anyone else needed this info.... I think I will take my youngest daughter with me...Can hardly wait now!! February is now looking like a pretty good month!! clap.gif
ArizonaAmy9 
Posted: 21-Nov-2005, 02:21 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

clap.gif clap.gif YEAH!! I am soooo excited!! I got my tickets to go see GBS in February!! My yougest daughter wants to go so...for her very first real concert - she is going to Great Big Sea!! Yeah....I'll be happy to report in and let you know how it goes biggrin.gif
talleyrand 
Posted: 21-Nov-2005, 04:50 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: Kansas City, Missouri USA

male

I've enjoyed some of GBS's music but I caught the live version of Boston and St. Johns and something about it just hooked me. Then it was General Taylor. Then When I'm Up, Consequence Free and now I'm on a Jack Hinks kick. I ended up buying their live CD with an eye toward adding more music as time and money permit.

AA, I'm jealous, you'll have to tell us how the concert goes.

--------------------
I don't think of myself as a lion. You might as well, though - I have a mighty roar.
Jubel Early
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
ArizonaAmy9 
Posted: 21-Nov-2005, 05:28 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

talleyrand that is so funny...Boston to St. John's was the song that first caught my ear...then General Taylor. One day I had GT stuck in my head and could not think of who it was. After that...I took the advice of Macfive and Rindy and got their live cd/dvd and have loved them since!! So, this will be such a treat to have them here in Arizona! February will be a busy month for me...we have our Mesa Highland Games, our Ren Faire and then...a GBS concert!! You can BET I'll be reporting in!! tongue.gif
Aaediwen 
Posted: 22-Nov-2005, 10:41 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Kentucky

male

I just had a co-worker ask me about these guys. As much a fan of buying direct from the artist, that's what I recommended. However, she wants to know how trustworthy their ordering system is, and since it's not one I've used before I can't say first hand. Has anyone ordered a CD directly through greatbigsea.com, that can give better feedback on their system? I don't see any red flags, but I've not used it.

--------------------
Poet and seeker of knowledge

PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
ArizonaAmy9 
Posted: 22-Nov-2005, 01:32 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

Ohhh...I am sorry I can't help Aaediwen as I did buy mine from amazon.com. I was going to buy it from Tower Records but I actually saved $5.00 going through amazon....good luck!
Rindy 
Posted: 23-Nov-2005, 08:40 AM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Aaediwen,
I also got my GBS through Amazon.com.. You might go to their website and check it out a bit..

I do find myself listening to them a lot...Amy you are so lucky to get to see them...hope you get pictures...

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
TheCarolinaScotsman 
Posted: 23-Nov-2005, 12:35 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: North Carolina

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #76
41,837 Gold!

I like most all of their stuff, but have to say my favorite is The Night Pat Murphy Died. I'm leaving instructions with my family that I want that as the prototype of my "services" when the time comes.

--------------------
TheCarolinaScotsman

Ya'll drive safe and come back soon.
Rindy 
Posted: 23-Nov-2005, 04:12 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

QUOTE (TheCarolinaScotsman @ 23-Nov-2005, 12:35 PM)
I like most all of their stuff, but have to say my favorite is The Night Pat Murphy Died. I'm leaving instructions with my family that I want that as the prototype of my "services" when the time comes.

laugh.gif lol that would be something wouldn't it.. thumbs_up.gif I do I like everything they do-usually I don't like one song or another...but I still have to find one I don't like...

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]