Quote Post

Member is Online

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Boston, MA

male

Some great feedback here and I will definitely use this while adjusting and expanding the broadcast schedule.

I agree about the "sleepy time" music and I believe we need to be mindful of our European and Australian time zones. Although based on the geo-stats, 90% of our listeners coming from the U.S.

I'd like to try and increase our listenership during the hours of 12 am to 6 am. So lets try a pilot of regular celtic mix and request during this time. Will post a seperate message on this.

--------------------
Wallace MacArthur
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network

Imagination is more Important than Knowledge
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
Meryat 
Posted: 01-Oct-2004, 08:33 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

Realm: Somewhere near a computer

Why are requests disabled during "Pub Music and Requests"?
PMEmail PosterUsers Website               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 02-Oct-2004, 08:54 PM
Quote Post

Member is Online

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

QUOTE (Meryat @ 01-Oct-2004, 09:33 PM)
Why are requests disabled during "Pub Music and Requests"?

Requests should not be disabled during Pub Music & Requests! We have fixed the problem and they should be enabled now during this time. If not, please post a message here.

Thanks for bring this to our attention!
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
AShruleEgan 
Posted: 03-Oct-2004, 09:35 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Winston-Salem, North Carolina

male

My biggest complaint is the Sunday morning schedule.

From 9:00 - 11:30, when I do a great deal of work on the puter, there is nothing but snoozer music. Requests disabled, children's hour and then Civil War music. I am at the point, I don't even turn the radio on, the cd player is used.

Am I the only one falling asleep at the keyboard at this time of day???
PMEmail Poster               
Monarchs Own 
Posted: 03-Oct-2004, 10:24 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

Realm: Phenix City, AL - back in the good ole USA

female

I like the schedule so far. The only thing that could be changed is the American Revolution / Civil War.

I think the Children's story time is good. Since only on the weekends the kids are around to listen to it.

But for our listeners overseas it might prove good to have requests enabled during the night since it's daytime for them. Maybe some Celtic Mix and Requests.

Otherwise Keep it up!

thumbs_up.gif angel_not.gif

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
Meryat 
Posted: 03-Oct-2004, 11:06 AM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Somewhere near a computer

I love the "Featured Artist" sections, but I'm always disappointed when my favorite songs by those artists fail to play.

I was wondering if it was possible to set something up where we could request our favorite songs by those artists to play during part of that time, since that would still give us an opportunity to hear songs we might not have known about before.

If not, it's still fun hearing all their other songs, especially the ones I've never heard before. walkman.gif
PMEmail PosterUsers Website               
Irish Stepper 
Posted: 03-Oct-2004, 01:37 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacOak

Realm: Maryland

female

I also don't really care for the Civil War music. However, I'm sure that there are those here that do like it. I don't think it should go away entirely, but perhaps shortening the amount of time it plays?

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 03-Oct-2004, 08:56 PM
Quote Post

Member is Online

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

OK, excellent feedback.

So far, based on your comments here, emails, PM - I have the following jotted down.

1. Introduce a new music hour possible 6 times during the week 3 for North America times, 3 for European times.

2. More featured artists! Right now we have 5 times during the week, but I think people like to hear a musicians music. Will increase this to maybe 8-10 times during the week with North American and European times. Featured artists are tied directly to the web based featured artist section. So, I need to add more which i have about a list of 10, but it takes time. Once I add them to the web based featured artist database, they will automatically play in the broadcast. Pretty cool eh?

3. After Hours time has been removed and Standard Celtic mix is playing during 12am 6 am EST. Requests are enabled. Let me know if still a problem, but I think I got those pesty bugs! I really hope this works out and we increase our listener numbers during this time. Europe and Eastern Bloc countries represents a big and growing audience.

4. Leave children time as is on weekends, but maybe consider a change in the civil war music time. Any suggestions?

I will get to these items, but it takes time, but I always eventually get things done! I think what is great about running this site and broadcast is that **YOU** have all help guide the development and decisions that are made here. Thankyou!
MacAibhistin 
Posted: 03-Oct-2004, 10:59 PM
Quote Post

Knight of the Round Table

ZodiacOak

Realm: northern Canada - somewhere between the treeline and civilisation

male

I like the spots with Rebecca. Somehow her accent adds a little extra authenticity to the station. The more of her the better. Paul, have you ever considered having some Gaelic and Welsh spots as well? Greetings or other messages in a Celtic language would be really neat.

The new music hour a few times a week is great. Also, I think Celtic recordings have reached a stage where we could almost have a weekly "Celtic Classics" hour. I know that from an Eastern Canadian perspective, there is enough material to celebrate tunes that were recorded 10 or more years ago. Add in some classic Capercaillie, Dougie MacLean, Bothy Band, etc. and there you have it.

One more question, I haven't heard the Civil War hour, but is it Celtic?

Thanks for allowing our input.

Rory

P.S. We need more Barra MacNeils! wink.gif
PMEmail Poster               
3Ravens 
Posted: 03-Oct-2004, 11:08 PM
Quote Post

Herbmistress of Erin
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

Realm: south coastal Virginia

female

Yeah, Barra MacNeils! And Irish Dedendents too!

--------------------
If age is a learning experience, I should be a genius by now...
PMEmail Poster               
3Ravens 
Posted: 03-Oct-2004, 11:10 PM
Quote Post

Herbmistress of Erin
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

Realm: south coastal Virginia

female

OOPS! Decendents..... *blushes*
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 04-Oct-2004, 05:51 AM
Quote Post

Member is Online

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

A Celtic Classics is very much possible!!! biggrin.gif

What excites me is that we have spent so much time building the site so that a suggestion like this is very possible and would not take too much time. Our broadcast software actually contains its own programming script-sql language, so it would be just a matter of choosing sometimes and creating a script that would play anything before 1980.

Is there a particular date range you would like to hear?

Again, I'm considering all of these suggestions including the additional Rebecca trailers. It just will take a little time until I am completely finished with the website programming which is moving steadily and I hope to be completed by the end of the year.
Irish Stepper 
Posted: 14-Oct-2004, 03:28 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacOak

Realm: Maryland

female

How about a soundtrack hour? Would anyone else be interested in that? I like the instrumental songs that come from a lot of the soundtracks on here. I wonder if it would be possible to do a mix of them from various soundtracks for an hour or two. Just an idea... walkman.gif
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
Snoogans 
Posted: 15-Oct-2004, 06:37 PM
Quote Post

Clan Member

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Edinburgh

male

My 2pence worth HAH we invented the decimal system! HAH! y'hear me? HAH!
Civil war music? Pah. Another pint please. Aye.
Night time lala drifty stuff?PAH
Requests 24/7? Aye please.
Mair requests than 2 an hour? Aye damn fine. Ah've no been listenin recently n that's the main thing. Ah'm in Scotland... Ah have tae wait till 1pm till the decent music comes on an ah get tae make some requests.
Want (pronouced w-ant, not w-ont) some Scottish soundin intros? Ah kin record an send ye some MP3's ay ma voice. Jit giez a script an ah'll translate it intae the dialect.
That said, we are listening the now, ma wife an her folks an me, playin cairds wi a laptoap wi wireless. How cool kin ye get? Ruth's idea, whim, spur ay the moment oan the basis we kin hae the laptop anywhere. Ma wife hus stoaped listenin since the 5 requests in 120 minutes wiz chainged. If ye need music tae get ye tae sleep pit oan a CD. Ah want kickin stuff for 8am when ah git tae work. Ah'm tired ay hearing ma mp3 collection. Gie us non US folk some consideration.
Cheers
Snoogans

PS Haud oan a minute. How come we cannae see mair than the next 5 tune coming up? I liked bein able tae see when ma choice wis comin up.
PMEmail Poster                
AShruleEgan 
Posted: 16-Oct-2004, 01:01 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

Realm: Winston-Salem, North Carolina

male

QUOTE (Snoogans @ 15-Oct-2004, 07:37 PM)
My 2pence worth HAH we invented the decimal system! HAH! y'hear me? HAH!
Civil war music? Pah. Another pint please. Aye.
Night time lala drifty stuff?PAH
Requests 24/7? Aye please.
Mair requests than 2 an hour? Aye damn fine. Ah've no been listenin recently n that's the main thing. Ah'm in Scotland... Ah have tae wait till 1pm till the decent music comes on an ah get tae make some requests.
Want (pronouced w-ant, not w-ont) some Scottish soundin intros? Ah kin record an send ye some MP3's ay ma voice. Jit giez a script an ah'll translate it intae the dialect.
That said, we are listening the now, ma wife an her folks an me, playin cairds wi a laptoap wi wireless. How cool kin ye get? Ruth's idea, whim, spur ay the moment oan the basis we kin hae the laptop anywhere. Ma wife hus stoaped listenin since the 5 requests in 120 minutes wiz chainged. If ye need music tae get ye tae sleep pit oan a CD. Ah want kickin stuff for 8am when ah git tae work. Ah'm tired ay hearing ma mp3 collection. Gie us non US folk some consideration.
Cheers
Snoogans

PS Haud oan a minute. How come we cannae see mair than the next 5 tune coming up? I liked bein able tae see when ma choice wis comin up.

clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif Couldn't have said any better, Duncan. I have said it before, the European listeners deserve the same as we get here in the states.

Continue your quest Duncan!!!!
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics 2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt