Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Quantum Touch, what do you think of it?
Bookmark and Share
Tassiecelt 
Posted: 02-Oct-2004, 04:26 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacOak

Realm: Tasmania, Australia

male

Todd, you raise some valid questions, I guess each one of us must be "fully pursuaded in (our) own minds".

The Bible is clear that we should not "learn the way of the heathen" Jerim. 10:2

True healing is of God, I believe, I also believe that satan can heal (altho' it is not usually permanent). The issue for me is 'who gets the glory'?

The example of Jesus was clear, that we should give thanks to the Living and True God for healing.

Do the healing methods pagan organisations give such glory to God, or to Man?
Are the healing methods valid?

I see a difference between (for example) an Asian doctor (of which we have many here) sewing up a laceration on my arm, and a Hindu, Buddhist, pagan, witch or other occultist laying hands on me, waving a candle around and mumbling incantations - even if I do feel better after it.

I'm using extreme examples to illustrate.

I guess I'm asking more question than providing answers, but the Bible is full of warnings against False Christs, false teachers and sorcery, such as the story in Act 13 about Elymas the sorcerer. He was seeking to turn some away from Christ.

So I came back to what is my "yardstick", is "spiritual healing" (as apposed to purely physical healing) leading one TO Christ, or AWAY.

For the Christian, this must surely be a consideration.

--------------------
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMy Photo Album               
WizardofOwls 
Posted: 02-Oct-2004, 08:22 AM
Quote Post

Wanderer and Vagabond

ZodiacVine

Realm: Wytheville, Virginia

male

Thank you, Graham, for once again being a light in the darkness! I agree with you 100%! I cringe at the thoughts of healings (here I am refering to the supernatural and metaphysical, not medicine) that don't involve the True and Living God!!! This chakra and chi stuff makes it look as though it's possible to get your healing without God's involvement! I mean, hey, if I can get healed without God why even bother with church and everything anyway! (I am speaking sarcastically of course!)

IMHO, if God had creted chakras and chi, for healing or any other purpose, I believe that He would have gone into detail about them in His word, not leaving something that important for us to just discover on our own!

--------------------
Sln agus beannachd,
Allen R. Alderman

'S i Alba tr mo chridhe. 'S i Gidhlig cnan m' anama.
Scotland is the land of my heart. Gaelic is the language of my soul.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
gaberlunzie 
Posted: 02-Oct-2004, 12:27 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

I have to say some words now. Personally I share Todd's point of view...but I highly respect your strong faith and conviction that all healing comes from God...
What makes me feeling very uncomfortable with is the expression "chakra and chi stuff", especially "stuff"...it just sounds way too respectless for me. I don't want to offend anyone, this is not my intention at all, but if no tolerance is possible I would suggest to have respect for this "stuff" or your fellow men who do have the same strong belief in this way.
There are many roads people are walking in life and only because they are not walking my road imitating my footsteps doesn't mean they've gotten lost.
This is not meant to discuss belief or beliefs...only to ask you not to use words or expressions which might hurt your fellow man in a way.

--------------------
"Now here's my secret", said the fox, "it is very simple. It is only with ones heart that one can see clearly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."

("The Little Prince" by Antoine de Saint-Exupery)

"The soul would have no rainbow, if the eye had no tears."
(Native American Proverb)
urian 
Posted: 02-Oct-2004, 02:23 PM
Quote Post

heretic. lurker in the shadows
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Texas

male

QUOTE (gaberlunzie @ 02-Oct-2004, 11:27 AM)
I have to say some words now. Personally I share Todd's point of view...but I highly respect your strong faith and conviction that all healing comes from God...
What makes me feeling very uncomfortable with is the expression "chakra and chi stuff", especially "stuff"...it just sounds way too respectless for me. I don't want to offend anyone, this is not my intention at all, but if no tolerance is possible I would suggest to have respect for this "stuff" or your fellow men who do have the same strong belief in this way.
There are many roads people are walking in life and only because they are not walking my road imitating my footsteps doesn't mean they've gotten lost.
This is not meant to discuss belief or beliefs...only to ask you not to use words or expressions which might hurt your fellow man in a way.

*nods in agreement*

--------------------
'Dying for being different is still better than living as a Sheep'-anon
PMEmail Poster               
birddog20002001 
Posted: 02-Oct-2004, 02:37 PM
Quote Post

No Dude, It's the Isle of Dude, Dude.
Group Icon

Group: Isle of Man
ZodiacRowan

Realm: North Carolina

male

I cringe at the thoughts of healings (here I am refering to the supernatural and metaphysical, not medicine) that don't involve the True and Living God!!!

I still say that this method of healing is just the manipulation of the physical with NO emphasis at all on the spiritual. Chakra and Chi are just aboriginal words that have had no western equivalent so the native words were adopted into the English language. The Bible makes no mention of physics but the laws of gravity do still apply weather we believe in them or not. My opinion is that because eastern style medicine is new to western culture there is a prejudice to automatically dismiss it as quackery prematurely.

--------------------
"when a person is prepared to die for a cause, and indeed to glory in such a death, it impossible to supress him or the cause it represents." Jawaharlal Nehru

"Only the suppressed word is dangerous." Ludwig Borne

"All of our freedoms are a single bundle, all must be secure if any is to be preserved." Dwight David Eisenhower

"All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are both immortal and divine." Socrates
PMEmail Poster               
Tassiecelt 
Posted: 02-Oct-2004, 05:02 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacOak

male

QUOTE (gaberlunzie @ 03-Oct-2004, 03:27 AM)

I'm sorry that you feel uncomfortable. I can relate to that, I feel the same way when I visit forums that discuss witchcraft and occult practices that are anathema to the Lord Jesus Christ, and those who serve Him. But we must all choose to believe what we will.

Christians have an expression: "condemn the sin, but not the sinner".

So to oppose the darkness of spiritual ignorance is what we are commanded to do, but also to love those who are lost in such darkness and lead (if possible) them to the light of God.

So if saying "chakra and chi stuff" is disrespectful, it is to the concept and belief not the individual.

I hope this difference is clear.
gaberlunzie 
Posted: 02-Oct-2004, 05:25 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

Tassiecelt, I see your point and the difference is clear, absolutely. It's still the choice of the word "stuff"...though it's clear that the concept or belief is meant. I would never call anyone's belief or concept "stuff"...Not trying to exercise hair - splitting here but if it had been called a concept instead of stuff it would have made a great difference. smile.gif
cori 
Posted: 03-Oct-2004, 03:31 PM
Quote Post

Mistress of the North Winds
Group Icon

Group: Galicia
ZodiacIvy

Realm: New Jersey

female

I understand now what "chakras" and "chi" are. I suppose that it is just another form of "modern" medicine. I don't wish to appear scornful of other people's beliefs, but I have always been wary of that with which I am not familiar.

My mother always told me that "what you understand too well, you are in danger of becoming." I have often thought of this and see it in two lights. First, be careful not to be too wise to the ways of satan. The more you look into wickedness, the closer you are to accepting it. Secondly, and I believe most importantly, be careful to understand the ways of Christ and his commands. The more you learn of righteousness, the closer you are to manifesting it.

I had only this to add and now I will have no more to offer, simply because I do not think I have anything more worth saying. I hope I have not offended anyone. I don't know how to write down my tone of voice and can only hope that you will take this the way I intend it, namely, as an encouragement, not condemnation.

--------------------

Leslie

~That would be an awfully big adventure.

~Time is what keeps everything from happening all at once.
PMEmail Poster                
Tassiecelt 
Posted: 03-Oct-2004, 05:34 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacOak

male

gaberlunzie, words are funny things, I guess they suffer from fashions.

"stuff" is common these days, I like it, I keep all my important files in a folder called "My Stuff".
So if someone asked me if I was "..into all that Christian stuff", I would just smile and say "Amen".

but that's just me rolleyes.gif

I had only this to add and now I will have no more to offer, simply because I do not think I have anything more worth saying.

I disagree Cori, from the wisdom of your words I would say you have a lot of worthwhile things to say.
Thank you for your input.

While I accept your caution, I do still occasionally read occult material, not much, but I like to "keep my hand in" so that when I share Christ with those still into occult beliefs, I can know what I'm talking about.

For me there is no danger of returning, Christ has set me free in a way no one else can, I would be a fool to go back to ungodliness.
WizardofOwls 
Posted: 03-Oct-2004, 05:41 PM
Quote Post

Wanderer and Vagabond

ZodiacVine

Realm: Wytheville, Virginia

male

I am sorry if the word "stuff" offended you. It was not meant to be offensive in any way, just my own easy and quick way of saying "and related things." I would not be offended in any way if a non-Christian referred to Christian-related terms and concepts and items as "Christian stuff!" I mean, shucks, I have a whole cabinet (and brain for that matter!) full of Christian stuff! smile.gif

I guess I assumed that because this is the Kirk and Chapel that most of us, as Christians, shared the same fundamental beliefs. I know, pretty naieve of me! smile.gif

I truly am sorry, Gabi! I hope you'll forgive me!
Elspeth 
Posted: 04-Oct-2004, 09:00 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

female

Getting a little heated in here. biggrin.gif

First, as moderator, I want to reemphasis that this is a place for Christians to share in a kind, safe place. Sometimes hard when strong beliefs are being discussed. Thank you all for remembering that.

Second, I have to chime in my personal beliefs.

Christianity isn't cut and dried. Sure we all believe the same basics, and when we hold to those convictions, we rarely disagree. When we go off of them, we do. Hence why there are so many denominations. I was baptised as an adult, my children as infants. Both schools of thought use biblical reference to uphold their practices.

I mention this to highlight we will not always agree.

And, words are funny things. We may know what we mean by them, but too often that meaning doesn't translate to the reader. Hence, we often are not discussing the same thing. It takes work to discuss in this manner. Again, thank you all for taking the time and effort to do so.

As far as Quantum Touch is concered, I don't know enough to have an opinion in all honesty.

But, I also know God is way too big to be put into a box of our understanding. God's plans and designs are His own. For example, if He has come for centuries to the Native Americans as their Creator, who am I to say He didn't?

When in doubt, I don't immediately dismiss, I look at what is claimed. If it does not go against what God says in the Bible, then perhaps it is true. Just because it is different doesn't mean it is a false prophet. I will share that I went to a tribal gathering last year, and in their opening honoring of the Creator, I felt more in the presence of God than I do in my own church. God was there, I recognized Him.

All this is a rather winded way of saying, I like to keep an open mind, for God is HUGE. Vast beyond all understanding. Look at the facts, the purpose, the intent, the fruits, who is getting the glory and lastly (which should be firstly) ask God to tell us. (Why do I always take that step last, like reading instructions only after I can't put it together?) God will tell us. "Lean not to your own understanding."

Whew, lots of rambling and I'm not sure a clear point to be found.....

--------------------
Compassion is the sometimes fatal capacity for feeling what it is like inside somebody else's skin. It is the knowledge that there can never really be any peace and joy for me until there is peace and joy finally for you too.
- Frederick Buechner

If society prospers at the expense of the intangibles,
how can it be called progress?

-LLP
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
Tassiecelt 
Posted: 04-Oct-2004, 09:15 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacOak

male

Lovely to hear your ramblings Elspeth, isn't God wonderful? and what a lovely place to rejoice in Him with brethren who also have a love of celtic stuff (oops).

I began this with a genuine question that I wanted help on from brethren i have come to respect.

I feel I have had my concerns confirmed, and that is the role of the church - to support and encourage one another.

there are some fine people here!

Elspeth 
Posted: 04-Oct-2004, 09:25 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

female

Tassiecelt,

Yes, God is wonderful. I needed reminding of that. I had been forgetting.

I am glad you came here to talk out something that was concerning you. That is exactly what this place is for. smile.gif

And you are so right. There are many, many fine people here. It amazes me how caring people here at CR are.

As a minster, you are in a different position than the rest of us. We only have to account for ourselves. You are asked to lead a congreagation. A great responsiblity. God's blessings as you tackle that task.
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
Tassiecelt 
Posted: 04-Oct-2004, 09:46 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacOak

male

a small congregation, but precious! bless you Elspeth!
Tassiecelt 
Posted: 04-Oct-2004, 09:47 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacOak

male

a small congregation, but precious! bless you Elspeth!
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics 2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt