Posted: 27-Oct-2004, 02:55 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: England
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Saint Louis, Missouri, USA

female

Hi Everyone! I am not a parent, but I have been teaching children K-community college for the past few years. If anyone has any Education questions, give me a hollar!

--------------------
Seize the time,. . .live now, make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again- Star Trek TNG

"The report of my death was an exaggeration."
-Mark Twain, After reading his own obituary, June 2, 1897

If you ever have a world, plan ahead, don't eat it! - Star Trek TNG
PMEmail Poster               
susieq76 
Posted: 03-Nov-2004, 05:48 PM
Quote Post

Queen of the Stars
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacVine

Realm: Middle o' North Carolina

female

Boy, you might regret saying that, maryellen biggrin.gif

--------------------
"Alas for those who never sing and die with all their music left in them" - Oliver Wendell Holmes
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Redbud 
Posted: 03-Dec-2004, 03:42 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

Realm: North Texas

female

I will be 45 next month, & we have always home schooled our children. We had five, but lost two of them just over two years ago. As they say, the good die young, sometimes.

Our oldest DS is in college, & we have a 13 yo DD, & an 8 yo DS.

The time you spend with your children is ever precious. You will never regret the time you spend teaching, philosophizing, explaining, joking, etc., with them.

Sherry

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers Website               
susieq76 
Posted: 03-Dec-2004, 03:50 PM
Quote Post

Queen of the Stars
Group Icon

ZodiacVine

female

Welcome, Redbud! I am sorry to hear about the loss of your two children. I too have lost a child, in 1999.

Glad to have you here! Jump right in, or start your own topics. By the way - what do DD and DS mean?
Ríobhca31 
Posted: 10-Feb-2005, 11:28 AM
Quote Post

Princess of Báisteach
Group Icon

ZodiacAlder

Realm: Wisconsin (Transplant, From Texas)

female

I hope this forum is still active!

Hello, I'm Becky aka Becca, I'm a 30 year old Mom of 3! two girls 11, and 10, and a boy who is 8.
I've been married for 12 years! We are the "miracle"couple! we married at 18 and 20 and are still in LOVE..can you belive that!

All three kids attend public school, but have Religion class on Wed. Nights. I Teach 6th grade religion class, it's a blast, and helps me to prepare for that age group, it's knocking on my door!

Tori, the oldest plays Violin, and loves it. Ashley, the middle is my Soccer player, and last but not least, Brendan is a Bear Scout and play's football!

Being a parent is the best thing i've ever done!

I know there will be tough times, Our oldest daughter was born with some birth defects (or that's what the professionals call it), she will under go reconstructive surgery on her right ear soon. SAy a prayer for her?!

Anyways, as you all will see, I talk a lot! (blush) gossip.gif Just say hey Becca, shut up!

--------------------
Go mbeannaí Dia duit !
PMEmail Poster                
susieq76 
Posted: 10-Feb-2005, 11:51 AM
Quote Post

Queen of the Stars
Group Icon

ZodiacVine

female

Hey Becca, keep talking! Glad you are here. This is in fact an active (but sleepy) forum! It's great to hear from you and about you, and if there is anything you want to talk about or ask, just jump right in! I will definitely pray for your daughter Tori! You may also want to post a prayer request under "Joys and Concerns" in Kirk and Chapel so that many more people will see it.

Susanna
Ríobhca31 
Posted: 10-Feb-2005, 12:07 PM
Quote Post

Princess of Báisteach
Group Icon

ZodiacAlder

female

Thanks a million Susuieq! If you give that invitation, I'll not pass it by! biggrin.gif

I'll post in the other forum that you suggested as well, I hadn't thought of that. I think celticradio is my new favorite place, so, I'll be back..and I'll be talkin'

Becca
PMEmail Poster                
TheCarolinaScotsman 
Posted: 10-Feb-2005, 12:29 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: North Carolina

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #2
2,147,483,647 Gold!

Becky, I see you have a Bear Cub. I was a Scout leader (Cubs and then Boy Scouts) for fourteen years. It was a blast! If you or your husband have a chance to get involved, do so; you'll love it.

TheCarolinaScotsman

--------------------
TheCarolinaScotsman

Ya'll drive safe and come back soon.
Ríobhca31 
Posted: 10-Feb-2005, 09:06 PM
Quote Post

Princess of Báisteach
Group Icon

ZodiacAlder

female

QUOTE (TheCarolinaScotsman @ 10-Feb-2005, 11:29 AM)
Becky, I see you have a Bear Cub. I was a Scout leader (Cubs and then Boy Scouts) for fourteen years. It was a blast! If you or your husband have a chance to get involved, do so; you'll love it.

TheCarolinaScotsman

Actually, I was his Den Mom last year, and I'll be his Bear Den Leader next year, as well as the Pack secertary. We attend scouts every Tuesday. My husband helps him with the Derby Cars, and Rockets, stuff like that.
we are mega involved with all the kids stuff, it's sooo very important!
PMEmail Poster                
Sylvanus 
Posted: 24-Mar-2005, 05:48 PM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacIvy

Realm: east central Pennsylvania

male

I haven't been in the forums much lately, but I happened across this section and thought to myself:

"Self, you work for a company that sells resources for families. Even if you aren't a parent, you could put in a plug for your books."

So this is it. I work for Shepherd Press, publisher of Shepherding a Child's Heart among other things. The website shows what we sell. I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have, if I can...

Hope this post wasn't inappropriate.

Brother Sylvanus
PMEmail PosterUsers Website               
susieq76 
Posted: 25-Mar-2005, 09:41 AM
Quote Post

Queen of the Stars
Group Icon

ZodiacVine

female

Hey Sylvanus! Thanks for the information. I am sure it will come in handy, and I will definitely be checking into it soon!

For anyone, feel free to post anything you think could be helpful to other parents. As a matter of fact, I think I will create a new topic for that! Great idea, Sylvanus, and it's good to see you again.
pretentiouswombat 
Posted: 12-Feb-2008, 12:24 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Georgia

female

Hey y'all!

I just found this section of the Forums - usually spend most of my time over in Fun & Games. I'll have to peruse everything and virtually "meet" everybody and also see if there are any familiar names.

I just started a new thread on Home Education so drop by and let's chat about the ups and downs of that wild ride! wink.gif

Just for the record, I have six young'uns. They range from 30-something at one end down to my baby who is going to be 11 next month. 2 sons and 4 daughters.

I'm at work right now so I'll drop by when I get home and read catch up on everybody's posts.

I'm so glad I found the Parenting Section! smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my new blog at www.dilettantesdilemma.blogspot.com
Patti, The Celtic Pretentious Wombat

Feel the Teal! The year is 1599, and a new musical sensation is sweeping the youth of England! Dude! Life is Good! Visit The Lost Boys Online
PMEmail PosterUsers Website               View My Space Profile.
ilpiccolobardo 
Posted: 12-Jul-2008, 09:35 AM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Italy-Piedmont-Biella

male

I'm a parent too !
Our little princess, Alessia is 8 months old and she's a wonderful creature ! biggrin.gif
When I work in the morning she stays all day by my wife's parents, but when I work in the afternoon she's with me all the morning, it's fantastic.
Unfortunately my wife has to work because my only wage is not enough for all our needs, so she's with our daughter from 5 pm till she sleeps.

It's really good that this section of the forum exists, it means there's a lot of interesting and mature people.

Slainte__IPB

P.S.: we're trying to have a second baby... rolleyes.gif

--------------------
user posted imageMe user posted imagePics user posted imageTravels user posted imageMusic

Is but a dream within a dream- Edgar Allan Poe
PMEmail PosterUsers Website               View My Space Profile.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
©2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics ©2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt