Monarchs Own 
Posted: 11-Jul-2005, 08:16 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacElder

Realm: Phenix City, AL - back in the good ole USA

female

QUOTE (Annabelle @ 10-Jul-2005, 11:37 PM)
My son is in the Army at the 32nd Airbourne Division at Ft Bragg NC. (yea, those crazy guys who like to jump out of perfectly good airplanes, I still don't understand that one)

Annabelle - I am wondering about those too. Even my husband (he doesn't jump) says - why the heck would I want to jump out of a perfectly good airplane.

My husband is stationed here with the 175th Engineer Company here in Fort Bragg.

Well, whatever did Army did - they did it quick this time with our bonus. And just for that my husband had to get under the knife this morning over there. Heat related injury due to constant wear of flak-west and all the other gear. But he is doing fine. Nothing major. He called me a few hours after and he was really fine. And since only a medic did the cutting - I guess it wasn't that important in the first place.

Hope everyone is doing great.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 12-Jul-2005, 03:04 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

QUOTE (Monarchs Own @ 11-Jul-2005, 10:16 PM)
And just for that my husband had to get under the knife this morning over there. Heat related injury due to constant wear of flak-west and all the other gear. But he is doing fine. Nothing major. He called me a few hours after and he was really fine. And since only a medic did the cutting - I guess it wasn't that important in the first place.

Ouch! Poor guy. Glad to hear he's okay.

SB

--------------------
"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king..."
user posted image

SGGardner Art

www.SouthernShireFarm.com
PM               
pretentiouswombat 
Posted: 12-Jul-2005, 03:43 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Georgia

female

Since this is the Ladies Only spot, I guess I'd best introduce myself and "set a spell." Pretentious Wombat be my full name but y'all can call me Wombat.

Although not Celtic by birth, one of my daughters brought me around to the Celtic way of things when she segued from ballet and jazz into a bit of Irish dance, learning from a former Riverdance coach. From there on, I was hooked into all things Celtic. Although my daughter doesn't dance anymore, she and I religiously attend the Georgia Renaissance Festival and have friends in a couple of the singing groups there.

Another of my daughters is attending college with a Theatre Major and has actually done lighting design for Emerald Rose, so we have more Celtic connections there, too. (Proud Wombat Mom) clap.gif

As for me, I enjoy knitting and reading, mostly...often at the same time. My significant other is a writer, so I especially enjoy reading his stuff but I don't knit while reading it or he would pout (men, you know). I live in N.E. Georgia, where currently we are getting some of the remnants of Hurricane Dennis. And I need to turn off the computer because here comes the lightning!

Best to everyone - I'm glad to be on board.

"Celtic" Wombat

--------------------
Check out my new blog at www.dilettantesdilemma.blogspot.com
Patti, The Celtic Pretentious Wombat

Feel the Teal! The year is 1599, and a new musical sensation is sweeping the youth of England! Dude! Life is Good! Visit The Lost Boys Online
PMEmail Poster               View my Facebook Profile.View My Space Profile.
BluegrassLady 
Posted: 12-Jul-2005, 08:02 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

Realm: south central Kentucky

female

Welcome , Wombat.... so nice to have you here. I live north of you in south central Kentucky. I'm hoping to get to the Stone Mtn Games in October. Clann an drumma is going to be there. I saw them at the Glasgow Games last month and instantly became a fan.
Sounds like you have a couple of very talented daughters. You have reason to be proud! smile.gif

Monarch...hope your husband is alright. Sure sounds uncomfortable to me.

Hi to the rest of the ladies here. Hope everyone is having a nice evening.

--------------------
With God............all things are possible
PMEmail Poster               
Moon Child 
Posted: 13-Jul-2005, 02:18 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Saskatchewan, Canada

female

Hi gal pals,

Glad to hear everyone is doing alright!

Welcome Wombat, glad to see you already feel at home with all of us! hug.gif

CR, with the ex I think he's been hinting towards us maybe getting back together but it's not going to happen!!! I will be his friend but nothing more than that!! He's hurt me too much and doesn't want I want in life so I'm happy to move on with my life!!

I haven't heard of Leslie Sansone before but I hope the tapes work for you!! Take it easy with the walking and don't exert yourself too much!! Your not going to believe this but yesterday I got a call from Revive Women's Health Club saying that I won a package there!!! I couldn't believe my ears!!! So I'm going to try to get there tomorrow to check it out. I know I need to start exercising again since I went for a physical today at the doctor's and I was told I'm overweight. wink.gif On the plus side though my girlfriend from out of town told me about this natural herbal pill that goes for the fat cells in your body. Her friend is taking it and she said that it targets the stomach area (most women's problem area for loosing weight!) and then it targets your hips and butt and thighs next. She's already lost about 30lbs in 3 months!!! The supplier for it is here in Calgary!!! As soon as I get the name again and check out their web site I'll let you all know!!!

BG, I went to the stampede on Sunday and it was great!! I had so much fun!! I saw The Roadhammers (Jason McCoy's new band) in concert and ended up getting drunk. I totally wasn't planning on it and haven't drank in about a year!!!Had a major hangover the next morning but nothing that Advil couldn't take care of!!! laugh.gif We took some pics of The Roadhammers and of us that I will post as soon as we get them developed!!!

SB, glad to hear your family and neighbors didn't have too much damage from the hurricane. They can be pretty freaky!!

MO, it's good to hear that your husband's doing alright besides the heat!!

Things with me have been crazy busy this week with my girlfriend being in town!! We've been doing lots of shopping and spending every day together!! She bought me an early birthday gift yesterday since she won't be here next week, it's exactly what I wanted!!! I got a kit containing on how to connect with your guardian angels. angel.gif I've read through the books in the kit but haven't done anything with it yet!!

I'm also getting the car running this weekend!! clap.gif I can't wait!!! I should have it at least running then later on I will be doing a tune up on it!! Freedom at last!!! It's been nice using my mom's car but it's not the same as my own!!

Well talk to you all soon!! I'll be posting from work mostly since we have a Trojan virus on the computer at home!!!

Take care all!!!
PMEmail Poster                
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 13-Jul-2005, 02:19 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

Hey, another Georgia member!! Outstanding! Wombat, some of us regulars are talking about meeting at the October Stone Mt. Highland Games just to say hello to each other. Maybe you can join us.
I missed the Renaissance Festival this year, but my son and his new bride went & said they had a great time. I believe she bought a costume, don't remember which one but I think she said it had a corset or something. Chris sure grinned watching her describe it to me; he must have liked the way she looked in it. wink.gif She says she hopes to work there next year.

I'm in middle Ga myself, just west of Atlanta. But I'm familiar with northeast Georgia - my husband's beloved aunt lived in Clayton for many years and we enjoyed such wonderful visits with her. And an art gallery that carries my originals & prints is the Tallulah Gallery, on the old overlook road right before you get to the Gorge.

Glad to have you here,
Siobhan Blues
PM               
pretentiouswombat 
Posted: 14-Jul-2005, 08:09 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

female

Hi Siobhan - Thanks for the warm welcome! The Highland Games sounds like a real possibility. I have yet to go but I've been wanting to attend forever. The big shame is that I can actually see Stone Mountain from my street. It's that close. What's really funny is that I don't think of anything west of Atlanta as middle Georgia - boy, I'm thinking middle Georgia is about Macon or so. biggrin.gif Silly me! I'm over in Snellville.

My 18-year old daughter went to the RenFest this year about 8 or 9 times, I think. I went on the opening and closing days. We know all the guys with The Lost Boys and the three singers with Three-Quarter Ale, so we enjoy going to see them all.

Are you going to the North Georgia Celtic Festival? It's on the 23 and 24 of July up in Gainesville. The Lost Boys are performing there, so we will definitely be there on Sunday.
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 15-Jul-2005, 01:29 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

I've never heard of it, honestly, but I do know where Gainesville is... might just try to go! Thanks for letting us know about it.

SB
PM               
pretentiouswombat 
Posted: 15-Jul-2005, 05:49 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

female

http://www.emeraldrose.com/ngcf/

Here's the link for NGCF. Let me know if you think you can make it; I'll be there on Sunday.
Moon Child 
Posted: 20-Jul-2005, 03:31 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

female

Hi gal pals,

Sorry I haven't been on much but life has just been very hectic for me that past week!! I finally got my car going last Friday!! biggrin.gif I helped Mike (one of mechanics) fix the car and he even took pictures of me working on it!! I'll post them as soon as I can get them scanned and into the computer as well as the pictures from the Stampede. The car has been running awesome but this weekend I'm going out to Brooks, which is about 2 hrs from me, to see Mike so we can change the back struts on the car. My visit with my girlfriend, Michelle, went good. I was sad to see her go though, but we've made plans for me to go out to Saskatchewan to see her at the beginning of August for about 5 days or so. I can't wait to go back there since I haven't been back home since 1992 when we came out here to Calgary!! Plus I'll be taking the car!!! So with this trip to Brooks on Saturday will be a mini highway trip for the car to make sure it's going to make it and there's no problems.

I had a good birthday yesterday. One of my other best friends took me out for breakfast after I got off work and then we went and got our nails done. By the time I got home I was so tired that I crashed!! Then I had to come to work for 10:45, wink.gif but it's money for the PEI trip and my trip in a couple of weeks! Other than that there's not really much that's new with me! Well I should get back to work...only two more nights than the weekend off. Boy I can't wait!! happy.gif

I hope everyone's doing well!!
PMEmail Poster                
BluegrassLady 
Posted: 20-Jul-2005, 05:11 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

Realm: south central Kentucky

female

So sorry that I missed your birthday, Moon Child. Glad that it was a happy one. Even tho it is late, let me send my greetings now........

note.gif Happy Birthday to you......happy birthday to you......happy birthday to Moon Child...........happy birthday to you!!! note.gif

biggrin.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Moon Child 
Posted: 21-Jul-2005, 01:17 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

female

Thanks BG!! hug.gif The morning of my birthday the girls at work sang me happy birthday too before I left!! I was shocked and could feel my face going red!!! laugh.gif
PMEmail Poster                
Monarchs Own 
Posted: 21-Jul-2005, 06:19 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

Realm: Phenix City, AL - back in the good ole USA

female

Moon Child - the best wishes - even though belated. I hope you had a wonderful day.

Well, husband got now an approx. date for coming for leave. Seems around the middle of August will be the time he makes it home. Two weeks with him. It will be a trying time (lol) to get used to him again.

Hope everyone is doing fine and best wishes to those who don't feel well or have loved ones which need best wishes for recovering.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
Moon Child 
Posted: 22-Jul-2005, 03:31 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

female

Thanks Monarch!! That's awesome to hear that you get see your husband soon!! It'll probally take a couple of days getting use to him being there!!! But by the time he has to go you just might want him to stay or maybe even leave!! laugh.gif After August will he come home again for Thanksgiving or Christmas?
PMEmail Poster                
CelticRoz 
Posted: 23-Jul-2005, 02:58 AM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Monarch, I am not a therapist, but I have therapists friends and they all tell me it is very normal to have to go through a re-aquaintance period after a long absence. I am sure you will do fine. anxious to hear how all goes. I bet you are SO excited to have your hubby back home. Two weeks seems hardly enough, doesn't it? sad.gif give him our greetings and support when he arrives!
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]