DesertRose 
Posted: 06-Nov-2004, 07:06 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

Realm: The desert of Arizona

female

Thank you dragonboy! well Teddy Bear has gone on to doggy heaven! We still very much miss him, but we got a new Sheltie who is a female version of him and amazingly so much like TB in so many ways! she "Irish" has greatly eased the pain and is fitting in very well into her new home with us. Thanks for caring, dragonboy and everyone else! It has meant a lot!

--------------------
Fine art & photography by DESERT ROSE IMAGES
http://www.desertrose-images.com
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMy Photo Album               
freekenny 
Posted: 10-Nov-2004, 04:18 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Beaches of North Carolina & Mountains of Kentucky

female

O'siyo,
~ Alright, this gal is incredibly sad right now cry.gif One of my babies, Cowboy (cat) started to act 'funny' Wednesday eve~ He wouldn't eat, wouldn't drink and didn't want to move around a lot sad.gif I watched him and held him all day Thursday trying to get him to at least drink some water~ No success sad.gif I called the Vet first thing Friday morn, took Cowboy in to see the doc and after about an hour the Vet came into the waiting room with a vial of his blood..oh my, I just knew something was wrong~ cry.gif She told me that there was nothing they could do and that I was going to have to have Cowboy put to sleep!~ Ever feel as if someone has punched you in the stomach so hard it takes your breath? Well, that is how I felt..I couldn't breathe, couldn't talk and couldn't stop kissin' on my baby that I was holding~ I did everything in my power to hold back the tears but after Cowboy looked up at me and 'meowed/cried' I lost it..totally lost it~ down.gif I explained to the Vet that I was just playing with him, Lil' Feather and Babi Kali on the stairs and everything was fine! The dreaded disease that took my baby is called FIP http://www.animed.org/cats_feline_infectio...peritonitis.htm
~Nothing that can be done..no cure..NOTHING..now I know a lot of people will never understand someone getting so heartbroken over the death of a pet but, to me they are all more than just pets..they are my children..I have no human children and what I go through to acquire these babies of mine well, they are all I have! I rescued Cowboy and Lil' Feather out in the country when I received a phone call about noon on a hot August day~ I drove 30 minutes out in the country and caught, red-handed this FOOL of a man drowning kittens in a creek~ Well, here I go running up to him, grabbed the bag he had in his hands and then jumped in the creek to grab another bag I saw.. I opened up the bag from the creek and out of 7 kittens only 2 had survived and aye, the two were Cowboy and Lil' Feather angel.gif The bag that this IDIOT was holding had 3 adult cats in it that I was able to adopt out to O'ginalli's of mine sleep.gif The man was yelling at me and threatening me..I went to my truck and placed the cats/kittens in a box that I had brought..I walked back up to this man, exchanged a few unpleasant words with him and when he picked up a huge rock and was going to throw it at me, well that did it! I walked up to him, grabbed the rock out of his hand and without a second thought punched him right in the mouth and again in the stomach..I know it probably wasn't the 'right thing' to do but, you know, I didn't give a damn! mad1.gif I could've really hurt this man but, I wanted to get these babies home and get them dried off, fed and in a warm bed~
~ Once home, I named the kittens..Cowboy, cause he walked like John Wayne and it tickled me so to watch him..Lil' Feather got her name because as I was walking up to my truck I spotted a feather from a Red-Tailed Hawk and it was the same colors as Lil' Feather sleep.gif
~ I have Lil' Feather and Babi Kali on 'watch' because the Vet told me there is a good chance that these two could develop the disease..I also have my two oldest, Kit-Kat and Luci both about 13 years old on watch because older cats are really susceptible to this damn disease! So are my nerves on edge? Uh, yeah..I don't know what I am going to do if I have to have 4 more of my babies put to sleep sadwalk.gif
~ I would really appreciate any prayers and thoughts that all of you could assist me with..these are my babies, my angels, my joys, one of the main reasons I believe I was put here on Mother Earth, to rescue these precious babies~
~ Ni Ya We, Sty-U red_bandana.gif

--------------------
I always knew one day I would travel this road;I just did not know that today would be the day....

'Each man is good in his sight. It is not necessary for eagles to be crows' --Sitting Bull

'Why do you take by force what you could obtain by love?'
--Powhatan

'HeartAches mend, HeartBreaks are everlasting'-- my own quote, seeker
PMEmail Poster               
DesertRose 
Posted: 10-Nov-2004, 04:41 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

OMG! Freekenney! My heart is broken for you! I feel such saddness in what you are going through right now. I have no children of my own either and my dogs are my babies, my children and my best friends. I am so very sorry in what you had to go through with Cowboy! I am sorry you lost your buddy and companion. I wish I could be there to hug you. I am so sorry.

wow! That story of what you did with that man trying to drown those cats was something else. Why didn't he just give up and let you have the kitties instead of fighting with you and insisting on killing them? People are so cruel in doing such a terrible thing.

Is this disease contagious amongst cats or just a prevalent disease amongst them if they are in their family? I feel so badly. I wish I had some major words of comfort to give you, but I am here if you need to PM me and just talk your heart out.

God Bless you and your kitties and I pray you won't have to go through this again for many years to come. Keep us posted.
freekenny 
Posted: 10-Nov-2004, 05:00 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

female

O'siyo CelticRose,
~ Ni Ya We for your kind words and thoughts~ Aye, I really could use a hug and being the animal lover you are, I am sure it would make me feel better~ hug.gif
~ From what the Vet told me, this disease is likely to 'take' any of the other kittens that were in the same litter and at the same tyme any younger kittens that have been introduced into the family are likely to get it as well~ The Vet also told me that any 'older' cats that I have are likely to get it as well because their immune system isn't as strong as a younger cat~ sadwalk.gif So, I am on 'watch duty' for the next week or so and as soon as any of them display the same signs that Cowboy had, well, I have to take them to the Vet and well..... cry.gif
~ The FOOL that was killin' these babies didn't wanna give them up because he said it was his right to do with these cats as he saw fit because they were on his property...what the hell kinda mentality is that? Guess instead of asking, I just started punching~ Oh well, made me feel somewhat better thumbup.gif
~ Sty-U red_bandana.gif
PMEmail Poster               
DesertRose 
Posted: 10-Nov-2004, 05:23 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

Oh that is really disturbing about your kitties and cats that they may get this horrible disease as well. It is always so hard, isn't it? Taking in these lovely creatures into our lives and then having to give them up prematurely. I always thought I wanted to work in a veternarian's office, but I just couldn't deal with the poor people having to put their animals down. I would be there bawling too! I have a very compassionate vet. When I had to put my Teddy Bear down, he was right there consoleing my hysterical self.

I am glad you punched that guy! That was a real idiot to think just because they were on his property he could not just give them to you to take care of instead of insisting on ending their lives! Sorry folks! I just have a real problem with taking the lives of animals before their time. Look what joy they gave you in the time you had them.............that is something I have had to focus on in my loss with Teddy Bear. May you find some comfort, Freekenney

Rose
Gordon 
Posted: 11-Nov-2004, 03:35 PM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Texas

male

Freekenny,
My heartfelt condolences on your lose. Time to keep a careful eye on Lil' Feather.
As far as the idiot that was drowning the kittens and the adults, you were kind to him in comparison to what I did to a guy back in upstate NY that was clubbing purebred dalmation pups cause he didn't want them. He ended up with a broken arm and starring down the business end of a Smith & Wesson .44 caliber pistol that was ready to be used if he didn't drop the last pup and the bat he was holding. Once he dropped it, I let him know just how it felt (hence, the broken arm).

I sincerely grieve for your lose and will keep you and the other 'kids' in my prayers. hug.gif

Gordon

--------------------
Lay you down in green meadows amongst the heather for it is there the music calls to your soul and beckons you home.
PMEmail Poster               
susieq76 
Posted: 11-Nov-2004, 04:00 PM
Quote Post

Queen of the Stars
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacVine

Realm: Middle o' North Carolina

female

Freekenny, I will definitely be praying for you! I am so sorry for your loss, and hope that you don't have to go through the pain of putting any of the other cats down. My dog went quickly like that - at 4 years old, too. She got bloat, and I had to put her down. One minute I was loving on her, and the next she was in awful pain. It is never easy to give up our 'babies', especially so suddenly.

--------------------
"Alas for those who never sing and die with all their music left in them" - Oliver Wendell Holmes
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Rindy 
Posted: 11-Nov-2004, 04:02 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

female

freekenny,

I am so sorry to hear about Cowboy. My heart goes out to you. I just can't understand what people get out of hurting animals. There is no challenge in that! You are in my thoughts and prayers.
PMEmail Poster               
Gordon 
Posted: 11-Nov-2004, 04:03 PM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

ZodiacWillow

male

Those who don't have animals can never understand the bonds that we animal lovers create with our friends and thats a shame for them. Unlike human bonds, those created towards an animal are far stronger.
PMEmail Poster               
DesertRose 
Posted: 11-Nov-2004, 04:59 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

Very, very true, Gordon! sad.gif
Gordon 
Posted: 14-Nov-2004, 11:16 AM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

ZodiacWillow

male

I've been doing some checking and I've found that most states don't regard cats as property since they are more free-willed and wandering by nature than dogs. Seems strange to me but I guess it makes sense.
PMEmail Poster               
DesertRose 
Posted: 15-Nov-2004, 06:28 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

Well that is interesting, Gordon! does that mean we can adopt any kitty that comes to our house then? smile.gif
freekenny 
Posted: 29-Nov-2004, 01:07 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

female

QUOTE (CelticRose @ 15-Nov-2004, 06:28 PM)
Well that is interesting, Gordon! does that mean we can adopt any kitty that comes to our house then? smile.gif

O'siyo CelticRose,
~ Uh, you mean we don't do that already? tongue.gif
~ Gordon, I know violence is never the answer to any situation but, my hats off to you for standing up to that man that was killing the puppies! cheers.gif
~ I haven't been on here for a while so I wanted to say Ni Ya We (thank you in Cherokee) from the bottom of my soul and spirit for all the prayers and for keeping me and my babies in your thoughts..
~I just now read the posts from Rindy, susie and Gordon and again O'ginalli's (friends) Ni Ya We! I couldn't let a Ni Ya We slip by because its everyones prayers that have been working for me and my 'babies'! love.gif Without having the fear of jinxing myself, all of my babies are doing just fine! Lil' Feather and Babi Kali are acting just as spoiled as usual and my two oldest, Kit-Kat and Luci are still King and Queen of this home! lol.gif With guidance and strength from the Great Spirit, I and all of my 'children' will be just fine! I feel it in my heart! heart.gif
~~Have you hugged your 'baby'/'babies' today? hug.gif
~Sty-U red_bandana.gif
PMEmail Poster               
freekenny 
Posted: 29-Nov-2004, 01:13 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

female

O'siyo CelticRose,
~ I meant to tell you this in an earlier post..The picture of your 'baby' is beyond adorable!! That picture made my day!! And Merry X-Mas to you and your babies! newyear.gif
~~Sty-U red_bandana.gif
PMEmail Poster               
maisky 
Posted: 29-Nov-2004, 01:24 PM
Quote Post

King of CelticRadio.net Jesters
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacVine

Realm: Easton, PA

male

Freekenny, those of us who truely love animals truely feel your pain at losing the kitten and applaud your standing up to the idiot drowning the kittens. I had an incident, many years ago where someone pulled a gun and offered to shoot my dog. I informed him that if he did, he'd best shoot ME first, or he would wear the gun in an unusual place. Probably not the smartest thing I have ever done, but I get crazy when my Irish is fully aroused. rolleyes.gif

--------------------
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."
Carl Sagan
PMEmail PosterUsers Website               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics 2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt