Posted: 11-Oct-2004, 05:13 PM
Quote Post

Reader of souls, vision seeker, TROLL
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: The frontier of Penn's Woods

male

I burn smoke to the gods, and pray your world will remember and grow from your relationship... life will go on, wish I could say it will be better , but we have to deal with what we are dealt and I for one can not tell you things will get better. But I can tell you that you will be a better person in spirit because of this.

God speed and blessed be!

--------------------
I support the separation of church and hate!

IMAGINATION - the freest and largest nation in the world!

One can not profess to be of "GOD" and show intolerence and prejudice towards the beliefs of others.

Am fear nach gleidh na h–airm san t–sith, cha bhi iad aige ’n am a’ chogaidh.
He that keeps not his arms in time of peace will have none in time of war.

"We're all in this together , in the parking lot between faith and fear" ... O.C.M.S.

“Beasts feed; man eats; only the man of intellect knows how to eat well.”

"Without food we are nothing, without history we are lost." - SHADOWS

Is iomadh duine laghach a mhill an Creideamh.
Religion has spoiled many a good man.

The clan MacEwen
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               
susieq76 
Posted: 11-Oct-2004, 05:18 PM
Quote Post

Queen of the Stars
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacVine

Realm: Middle o' North Carolina

female

Oh Rose, I am so sorry! What a heartache. I had to do this in August - put my dog down suddenly. I have never had to do it before - my last dog died in my arms. But I wish I had done it sooner. She was in so much pain for a few hours while I hemmed and hawed, wanting to be absolutely sure before I had to go out in the middle of the night to take her to the vet.

I am praying for you in this time of loss and grief! Know that your Teddy Bear led a good life, and a long one, and that he loves you still. Do not blame yourself for giving him peace and comfort at the end. In this, as in all other things, you have done the best for him!

We are all here for you, lean on us and hopefully we can help ease the pain a bit.

Susanna

--------------------
"Alas for those who never sing and die with all their music left in them" - Oliver Wendell Holmes
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
DesertRose 
Posted: 11-Oct-2004, 05:29 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

Realm: The desert of Arizona

female

Thank you all. I wish I could stop bawling like a big ole baby! I need to get myself together before I go there, but doubt that I will. This is the hardest part of having animals, having to let them go. Many thanks for all your support and kind words.

That is the hardest part Susie, is knowing when it is time. I feel like I am murdering my dog by doing this, but I know in my heart there is nothing that can be done for him and he will only suffer more. And so I must let him go.

--------------------
Fine art & photography by DESERT ROSE IMAGES
http://www.desertrose-images.com
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMy Photo Album               
Shadows 
Posted: 11-Oct-2004, 05:36 PM
Quote Post

Reader of souls, vision seeker, TROLL
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: The frontier of Penn's Woods

male

QUOTE (CelticRose @ 11-Oct-2004, 05:29 PM)
That is the hardest part Susie, is knowing when it is time. I feel like I am murdering my dog by doing this, but I know in my heart there is nothing that can be done for him and he will only suffer more. And so I must let him go.

It is not murder! It is compasion! Never feel that you have done wrong by relieveing the suffering of this animal! What makes it hard is that it has been a part of your life for so long! Stop reading these posts so you can gather the strength you need fo this journey!

May the spirit of the universe be by your side!
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               
Rindy 
Posted: 11-Oct-2004, 06:28 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

female

QUOTE (CelticRose @ 11-Oct-2004, 03:29 PM)
Thank you all. I wish I could stop bawling like a big ole baby! I need to get myself together before I go there, but doubt that I will. This is the hardest part of having animals, having to let them go. Many thanks for all your support and kind words.

Celtic Rose,

I don't know if you have seen this or not but I hope that in some ways it may comfort you. I have had to put down 5 dogs and it is the hardest thing I have ever done.

http://rainbowsbridge.com

May you find comfort at this time of sorrow

Rindy
PMEmail Poster               
DesertRose 
Posted: 11-Oct-2004, 08:09 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

Well you all, I just came home from the vet. I put Teddy Bear to sleep and rest and into doggie heaven. My hubby and I bawled the whole time and the vet kept telling me I did the right thing, but it still hurt to see him go. I have done nothing but bawl before, during and after. I will greatly miss this dog.

Thank you all for your support, encouragement and loving words. I know that Teddy Bear is in peace right now. In the meantime, my dog Nikki is alone and needs somebody to play with. Some day soon.

Rindy! Thank you for that wonderful site! It was really lovely!
Rindy 
Posted: 11-Oct-2004, 08:12 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

female

QUOTE (CelticRose @ 11-Oct-2004, 06:09 PM)
Well you all, I just came home from the vet. I put Teddy Bear to sleep and rest and into doggie heaven. My hubby and I bawled the whole time and the vet kept telling me I did the right thing, but it still hurt to see him go. I have done nothing but bawl before, during and after. I will greatly miss this dog.

Thank you all for your support, encouragement and loving words. I know that Teddy Bear is in peace right now. In the meantime, my dog Nikki is alone and needs somebody to play with. Some day soon.

Rindy! Thank you for that wonderful site! It was really lovely!

CelticRose,

You are more than welcome. My heart is feeling you and your hubands pain.

Rindy

PMEmail Poster               
freekenny 
Posted: 12-Oct-2004, 12:33 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Beaches of North Carolina & Mountains of Kentucky

female

O'siyo CelticRose,
~ sad.gif You, your husband and Nikki are in my meditations~ Darn right its going to hurt so let it out~ One day soon you will realize that you did do the 'right thing' and it is the most sincere way to show your unconditional love~ sleep.gif
~ Check out this site~ You may enjoy it wink.gif
~~Sty-U red_bandana.gif
http://www.petloss.com/

--------------------
I always knew one day I would travel this road;I just did not know that today would be the day....

'Each man is good in his sight. It is not necessary for eagles to be crows' --Sitting Bull

'Why do you take by force what you could obtain by love?'
--Powhatan

'HeartAches mend, HeartBreaks are everlasting'-- my own quote, seeker
PMEmail Poster               
maisky 
Posted: 12-Oct-2004, 10:52 AM
Quote Post

King of CelticRadio.net Jesters
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacVine

Realm: Easton, PA

male

This is the price a true animal lover pays, willingly. The love and devotion of your friend is worth every tear. We have all been there. I pity those who haven't.

--------------------
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."
Carl Sagan
PMEmail PosterUsers Website               
Rindy 
Posted: 12-Oct-2004, 03:05 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

female

QUOTE (maisky @ 12-Oct-2004, 08:52 AM)
This is the price a true animal lover pays, willingly. The love and devotion of your friend is worth every tear. We have all been there. I pity those who haven't.

maisky,

Well said. I swore I wasn't going to get attached to the dog I have now. Well I am way to attached. You can't explain the love to people who don't have one.

Rindy
PMEmail Poster               
DesertRose 
Posted: 12-Oct-2004, 05:17 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

Thank you everyone! I have had a sad day today sobbing only because I am missing my beloved Teddy Bear. However, I know in my heart that I did the right thing. He had lost interest in life and his quality of life had gone. I had to put an end to his pain and suffering, but I miss him so. My poor Nikki is lonely and has no one to play with now. I hate to say this so soon but I will be looking for another rescue Sheltie for us and for Nikki. Nikki is a very social dog and loves to play. I have been trying to give him extra attention, but he still seems so sad.

Well many thanks again.

Very true, Rindy! You cannot explain the love and attachment you have for your furry four legged friends.

Thank you Freekenney for the petloss site. It is nice to know that I have friends here who understand my pain. Many thanks!
Gordon 
Posted: 13-Oct-2004, 04:29 PM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Texas

male

Rose,
You've done TB a wonderful thing in sending him on and easing his suffering. Know that, although not with you in physical form, he will always be there in spirit and in the memories that you've made together. My heart goes out to you, your husband, and Nikki in this time of loss. Know also that each of us are here for you at any time as friends and shoulders to cry on.

We all have a duty to our friends, be they the four legged or two legged variety, and that is to cherish, comfort, and love them without question until the powers that be call them home. At that time it becomes our duty to honor, and remember them fondly and keep them in our hearts.

Gordon

--------------------
Lay you down in green meadows amongst the heather for it is there the music calls to your soul and beckons you home.
PMEmail Poster               
DesertRose 
Posted: 13-Oct-2004, 04:41 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

Many thanks Gordon. Knowing that friends care helps a lot! My poor Nikki is so depressed now. I took him for a long walk this morning, something we haven't been able to do for a long time because TB was so sick and could not walk with us. It did us both good and very therapeutic for the both of us.
valpal59 
Posted: 16-Oct-2004, 04:16 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Texas Panhandle

female

I am so sorry CelticRose. sad.gif

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.

You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

Author Unknown
PMEmail Poster               View my Facebook Profile.View My Space Profile.
dragonboy3611 
Posted: 06-Nov-2004, 04:55 PM
Quote Post

A Friend to who needs one.
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacBirch

Realm: USA, New York

male

QUOTE (CelticRose @ 15-Sep-2004, 06:36 PM)
Well I just came from the vet and the news is not good. My Teddy Bear has a very enlarged heart, a mass on the left site which could indicate either heartworm disease, congestive heart failure, or cancer. We ran some more tests to see what could be determined. I will hear some results in the morning. this dog was a rescue dog that I took in from a very bad situation many years ago. He has been my buddy ever since. He is the sweetest boy. He took to me right away like I took to him. He traveled with me to many Native American powwows and has been so devoted to me. Now I fear losing him. when the vet told me all this I stood there and bawled like a big baby. I was so embarrassed but could not stop myself. The vet was very comforting and took my hand and hugged it. I am still bawling like a big baby...............over a dog! Just like Jack Nicholson said in the movie "As Good As It Get's" when he was playing on the piano......."all over a dog!" well my dogs are my babies and I hurt when they hurt and mourn horribly when I have to lose them.

Will keep you posted for those who care. sad.gif

We all care! I am so sorry....! down.gif

--------------------
"Men at some time are masters of their fate"
Jul Caesar, Act i, Sc.2

"When sorrow comes, they come not single spies, but in battalions"
Hamlet, Act iv, Sc.5

"All that lives must die, passing through nature to eternity"
Hamlet, Act i, Sc.2
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
©2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics ©2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt