Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacWillow

Realm: Beaches of North Carolina & Mountains of Kentucky

female

O'siyo CelticRose,
~You and Teddy Bear will be in my 'prayers & meditations' sleep.gif
~Sty-U (stay strong) red_bandana.gif

--------------------
I always knew one day I would travel this road;I just did not know that today would be the day....

'Each man is good in his sight. It is not necessary for eagles to be crows' --Sitting Bull

'Why do you take by force what you could obtain by love?'
--Powhatan

'HeartAches mend, HeartBreaks are everlasting'-- my own quote, seeker
PMEmail Poster               
Gordon 
Posted: 10-Oct-2004, 04:49 PM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Texas

male

Rose,
Sorry to read about Teddy Bear. Perhaps your hubby is right in his decision to stop all the tests though. It adds extra stress to an already ill animal and, as you well know, gets to be expensive. Maybe it's just the right time to spend some 'loving time' with TB and get the goodbyes out and take the final step to end his suffering. I know how hard it is, but it is better than making him suffer so that you can hold onto him just a little longer.

May the thoughts and prayers of your CR family help to ease your burden and know that we are here for you always.

Gordon

--------------------
Lay you down in green meadows amongst the heather for it is there the music calls to your soul and beckons you home.
PMEmail Poster               
maisky 
Posted: 10-Oct-2004, 05:04 PM
Quote Post

King of CelticRadio.net Jesters
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacVine

Realm: Easton, PA

male

Rose of the Desert,

Your family here all understand what it means to say goodbye to a beloved family member. We care.

--------------------
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."
Carl Sagan
PMEmail PosterUsers Website               
valpal59 
Posted: 10-Oct-2004, 05:24 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Texas Panhandle

female

QUOTE (Gordon @ 10-Oct-2004, 04:49 PM)
Maybe it's just the right time to spend some 'loving time' with TB.

CelticRose, I am so sorry about Teddy Bear. It took me a week to say goodbye to Tilly. I spent all of my time with her when I wasn't working. I know it wasn't fair to her, but when it was time I knew. At the Vet's office, I held her in my arms and bawled like a baby. Didn't care what anyone else thought. My heart was breaking. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.

You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

Author Unknown
PMEmail Poster               View my Facebook Profile.View My Space Profile.
Shadows 
Posted: 10-Oct-2004, 05:41 PM
Quote Post

Reader of souls, vision seeker, TROLL
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: The frontier of Penn's Woods

male

CR,
Just know that TB will always live, she is part of your spirit now and will walk by your side forever. Spend the last physical time she has with you to strenghten this bond and know...

--------------------
I support the separation of church and hate!

IMAGINATION - the freest and largest nation in the world!

One can not profess to be of "GOD" and show intolerence and prejudice towards the beliefs of others.

Am fear nach gleidh na h–airm san t–sith, cha bhi iad aige ’n am a’ chogaidh.
He that keeps not his arms in time of peace will have none in time of war.

"We're all in this together , in the parking lot between faith and fear" ... O.C.M.S.

“Beasts feed; man eats; only the man of intellect knows how to eat well.”

"Without food we are nothing, without history we are lost." - SHADOWS

Is iomadh duine laghach a mhill an Creideamh.
Religion has spoiled many a good man.

The clan MacEwen
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               
DesertRose 
Posted: 10-Oct-2004, 07:04 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: The desert of Arizona

female

Oh thank you so much each and everyone of you! My TB is very sick. I take him outside to go potty and he does nothing, but fall over. so his kidneys and bowels have shut down, I think. He wants no part of food. The vet's office told me he ate the whole time, but I also had Nikki in there with him in the kennel and I bet he ate all of Teddy Bear's food! They told me that TB was doing fine the whole week, but I just can't believe it! You can look in his eyes and see he is sick. this is a dog who used to follow me everywhere. He has stayed in one spot all day long. I also took him off the heart medication, just in case that was what was making him ill, but the vet said no. But I want to see first if it is the drugs that are making him feel worse. Hubby feels that TB only has a few days left and that we should just make him comfortable as long as we can, but he feels we will probably be putting him down this week. Oh how I dread this. The former three Shelties I had I had to put down and I bawled like a baby in the vet's office then too. I will cry very hard at the loss of this sweet dog. In the meantime, I am hoping it is just the drugs that have done this to him. Thank each and every one of you for your thoughts, comments and prayers. I really appreciate it cause my dogs are my children. I need advice what to do at this point in time as I want to do the right thing for the boy. But I know my emotional heart gets in the way and wants to keep TB around as long as I can. So any words of advice is welcomed! smile.gif

--------------------
Fine art & photography by DESERT ROSE IMAGES
http://www.desertrose-images.com
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMy Photo Album               
valpal59 
Posted: 10-Oct-2004, 08:24 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Texas Panhandle

female

I am sending you a BIG hug. hug.gif Our dogs have been our only children(married 25 yrs.). We have lost 3( all had to be put to sleep ) and still have 3 ( they are all 14 years old). You will know in your heart when it is time.
PMEmail Poster               View my Facebook Profile.View My Space Profile.
Shadows 
Posted: 10-Oct-2004, 09:07 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

male

Rose , I did tell you that this all happened to my sheltie, follow your heart.
DesertRose 
Posted: 10-Oct-2004, 09:27 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

Yes, you did, Shadows! You prepared me. What grates me is that the vet keeps wanting to do more and more tests to put him on the supposedly right medication, but hubby is adamant that Teddy Bear is on his way to doggy heaven and will spend no more money on tests. He said to keep him comfortable and to prepare to put him down this week. He will not allow the dog to suffer any more than he has to...........stupid me wants to keep the dog around as long as I can. He has been my buddy for many years! I have a big problem within myself of putting a dog down to end his suffering and feeling like I have murdered him in doing so. I know I need to end his suffering this week too, but just want to make sure first that it isn't the medication that has been making him sick. I keep hoping, you see.

Thank you for all your advice, prayers and comments. I am really hurting right now over this dog. They are my children as I have never had children and so my dogs live the life of O'Riley when they are with me!
Rindy 
Posted: 10-Oct-2004, 09:36 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

female

I will be thinking of you.

Rindy
PMEmail Poster               
Shadows 
Posted: 11-Oct-2004, 06:16 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

male

Rose the meds (if they were the same ones given my dog) indeed made things worse faster, but it was 4 days after we took her off those meds that my dog died. My prayers are to the creator for you to have the strength to deal well with this .
maisky 
Posted: 11-Oct-2004, 06:45 AM
Quote Post

King of CelticRadio.net Jesters
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacVine

Realm: Easton, PA

male

Rose, I do have one suggestion that worked for a beloved friend of MINE once who refused food and water while deathly ill with parvo: Try a can of the FANCIEST food you can find mixed with some water to try to tempt TB. It may not help, but it can't hurt, either.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website               
DesertRose 
Posted: 11-Oct-2004, 03:06 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

Wow Shadows! the heart meds made things worse faster? Well that is what it seems like what has happened with TB as well. Now I am dealing with vomiting and diarrhea and have him on meds for that now. Wanted to talk to the vet, but he has been in surgery all morning..........sigh. TB seemed a little perky today, so I just keep hoping it was only the heart meds that is making him this way. Thanks for your advice and prayers, Shadows. I need it all right now. I have attachment issues and not wanting to let this dog go, but I know the inevitable is coming where I will have to. Hubby has already told me so.

Maisky, I have tried every kind of food to try to get this dog to eat and that is the only time he will get up and walk away. He wants no part of food or even water now. sad.gif
Shadows 
Posted: 11-Oct-2004, 03:22 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

male

QUOTE (CelticRose @ 11-Oct-2004, 03:06 PM)
Wow Shadows! the heart meds made things worse faster? Well that is what it seems like what has happened with TB as well. Now I am dealing with vomiting and diarrhea and have him on meds for that now. Wanted to talk to the vet, but he has been in surgery all morning..........sigh. TB seemed a little perky today, so I just keep hoping it was only the heart meds that is making him this way. Thanks for your advice and prayers, Shadows. I need it all right now. I have attachment issues and not wanting to let this dog go, but I know the inevitable is coming where I will have to. Hubby has already told me so.

Maisky, I have tried every kind of food to try to get this dog to eat and that is the only time he will get up and walk away. He wants no part of food or even water now. sad.gif

Dear Lady Rose...

Either be ready to deal with your treasure departing in your arms or let the vet relieve the pain both of you are going through right now; I wish I had let the vet do his job with my dog! I know it may sound callious to some of you , but I find letting our animals and old folks suffer due to our selfishness a thing of repugnace ; be selfless and let them go in peace. They will walk with you forever!
DesertRose 
Posted: 11-Oct-2004, 04:57 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

Shadows, I have an appointment at 5 pm this evening to put Teddy Bear down. This is going to kill me and my husband as we both love this dog so very much, but he is very ill and I have been cleaning up after him all day with the vomit and diarrhea. I just can't stand to see him suffer any longer. So I have to do the deed and I have been bawling all afternoon since I called the vet and told him what I needed to do. He will be in peace I know, but it will be so horrible letting him go.

Thank you for all your kind words, advice and prayers! It is much appreciated.

Crap! What a horrible year this has been! sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
©2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics ©2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt