Faerydreamer 
Posted: 19-Jul-2009, 11:39 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacReed

Realm: Coal Country, PA

female

No one is a coward for feeling the way that you do. Our furry or feathered friends end up being like children to us. The become an integral part of the family. I cannot imagine making a decision like that for my son. It was hard enough to stay strong and have him hospitalized on Friday.

May you have the strength to make the right decision. I believe that you will know when that decision will be made. Your pet will let you know when the time is right.

--------------------
Lady Faerydreamer

user posted image
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
Irish Stepper 
  Posted: 21-Sep-2009, 12:08 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacOak

Realm: Maryland

female

Well, I guess it's about that time. I'll be taking my Katie to the vet tomorrow. She hasn't eaten for the past 3 days, and her balance and ability to walk isn't so good. She seems to have lost a lot of weight, and I'm wondering if she might have cancer or something like that causing it. However, I'm not in a position to pay a lot of money to get a diagnosis, and after all she is over 14 years old. So, I don't really expect her to be coming back tomorrow from our trip to the vet. sad.gif

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
Patch 
Posted: 21-Sep-2009, 12:50 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: America, Mid West

male

I sounds like you have a hard day ahead tomorrow. My thoughts and prayers will be with you tonight and tomorrow. You should find comfort in the fact that you have provided her with a "sheltered" life and love that she could never have had as a wild dog. Yes, 14 is a long life for most dogs.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
Irish Stepper 
Posted: 21-Sep-2009, 10:30 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacOak

Realm: Maryland

female

Well, Katie has been sent over the Rainbow Bridge. I didn't bother having the vet poke and prod at her to find out why she is wasting away. She lost 10 pounds in the past 4 months. My older son, Josh went with me. He wanted to be there during her last moments. I decided that 13 is old enough to make that decision. He's taking it pretty hard, since she has always been in his life. sad.gif

I was just looking at this picture I attached, and I realized that I haven't seen her looking that happy in probably over a year. I guess it was time. cry.gif

Attached Image. Works with IE only! (Click thumbnail to expand)
Attached Image (Works with IE Only)
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
DesertRose 
Posted: 24-Sep-2009, 03:35 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: The desert of Arizona

female

Dearest Irish Stepper,

Breaks my heart to read what all you have been going through. So hard to let go of our furry friends to over the rainbow, but the time always comes as long as we are pet owners.

I feel for your tears and great loss during this very difficult time. Hugs.

--------------------
Fine art & photography by DESERT ROSE IMAGES
http://www.desertrose-images.com
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMy Photo Album               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
©2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics ©2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt