gettin-away 
Posted: 01-Sep-2004, 05:48 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacOak

Realm: Flushing Michigan USA

male

Since I still have to make another 54 posts before I can add my own Title, mine is "to be announced". bag.gif

gettin-away

--------------------
Paradox...Dirty socks...Glacier Rocks...Goldilocks

user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
MacErca 
Posted: 01-Sep-2004, 08:46 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Houston, Texas

male

I guess that you could say that I have an affinity for wolves.

So pull up a chair and I will tell you my story, oh by the way the first round is on me. beer_mug.gif beer_mug.gif beer_mug.gif beer_mug.gif

Which by the way started when I was a wee lad, we off on holiday, camping and such, and I had wandered off into the woods and became lost, not knowing what to do I sat down under an old Oak tree and just started thinking about all the things that my Granddad had told me and that the sound of a wolf howling seem to carry farther in the woods, so I started howling just like I was a wolf, it sounds silly just to think about it now that it still brings a smile to me when I think about it, well as the hours went by 6 in all, me just howling away till I got an answer, at first I was scared s***less, then off in the distance I could see what I thought at the time was a dog coming towards me, I could tell it was a female an that she had just had pups, as she got closer I could tell that this was no dog.

I could relate the whole story but as the way I remember it I might have to write a book, suffice it to say that she laid down not more than five yards from me and stayed there for about 2 hours just looking at me, and me her, then all of a sudden she sat up and let out a howl that even today thinking about it I still feel the hair on my neck rise, then she turned and trotted off, just as she vanished into the woods she turned, and I swear it looked like she smiled at me, then about five minutes later the folks found me.

Years later I told an old woman from the Nations my story and after telling her the whole story and she wanted to now every thing down to the smallest detail, she then proceeded to tell me about the "Wolf Totem" and that I had been picked out by the Wolf Spirit,,, well anyway thats my story.

Hope you enjoyed it.

cheers.gif

--------------------
"Cuimhnich air na daoine o'n d'thaining thu"
Remember the men from whom you are descended.

I am Wolf.
It is my cry you hear in the night,
My eyes that gaze at you from the shadows.
It is my heart that beats in your Soul,
My strength that makes you whole.
I am Wolf. I am in you.
You are in Me. We Are Wolf.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMy Photo Album               
WizardofOwls 
Posted: 01-Sep-2004, 08:59 PM
Quote Post

Wanderer and Vagabond

ZodiacVine

Realm: Wytheville, Virginia

male

MacErca, what an AMAZING story! Thank you for sharing it with us! You should write the entire thing up in detail and post it in Celtic Hearts! I'm like the old woman you spoke to - I'd like to hear EVERY detail!

And Emerald-Eyedwanderer - I think your title is beautiful and fits you well! hug.gif

And keep going gettin-away! You'll get there before you know it! smile.gif

--------------------
Sln agus beannachd,
Allen R. Alderman

'S i Alba tr mo chridhe. 'S i Gidhlig cnan m' anama.
Scotland is the land of my heart. Gaelic is the language of my soul.
gaberlunzie 
Posted: 02-Sep-2004, 12:56 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

QUOTE (gettin-away @ 01-Sep-2004, 05:48 PM)
Since I still have to make another 54 posts before I can add my own Title, mine is "to be announced". bag.gif

gettin-away

biggrin.gif You will be there much earlier than you may think now, gettin-away...it's about time to already think about your future title... smile.gif

--------------------
"Now here's my secret", said the fox, "it is very simple. It is only with ones heart that one can see clearly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."

("The Little Prince" by Antoine de Saint-Exupery)

"The soul would have no rainbow, if the eye had no tears."
(Native American Proverb)
gaberlunzie 
Posted: 02-Sep-2004, 01:00 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

QUOTE (MacErca @ 01-Sep-2004, 08:46 PM)
I guess that you could say that I have an affinity for wolves.

So pull up a chair and I will tell you my story, oh by the way the first round is on me. beer_mug.gif beer_mug.gif beer_mug.gif beer_mug.gif

Which by the way started when I was a wee lad, we off on holiday, camping and such, and I had wandered off into the woods and became lost, not knowing what to do I sat down under an old Oak tree and just started thinking about all the things that my Granddad had told me and that the sound of a wolf howling seem to carry farther in the woods, so I started howling just like I was a wolf, it sounds silly just to think about it now that it still brings a smile to me when I think about it, well as the hours went by 6 in all, me just howling away till I got an answer, at first I was scared s***less, then off in the distance I could see what I thought at the time was a dog coming towards me, I could tell it was a female an that she had just had pups, as she got closer I could tell that this was no dog.

I could relate the whole story but as the way I remember it I might have to write a book, suffice it to say that she laid down not more than five yards from me and stayed there for about 2 hours just looking at me, and me her, then all of a sudden she sat up and let out a howl that even today thinking about it I still feel the hair on my neck rise, then she turned and trotted off, just as she vanished into the woods she turned, and I swear it looked like she smiled at me, then about five minutes later the folks found me.

Years later I told an old woman from the Nations my story and after telling her the whole story and she wanted to now every thing down to the smallest detail, she then proceeded to tell me about the "Wolf Totem" and that I had been picked out by the Wolf Spirit,,, well anyway thats my story.

Hope you enjoyed it.

cheers.gif

MacErca, your story is really fascinating and one day I would like to read the "book" it may fill. You have been chosen by the Wolf Spirit. l know lots of folk who would have tried to ignore it...you didn't.
Walk with pride! smile.gif
scotelass 
Posted: 02-Sep-2004, 01:33 AM
Quote Post

Honored Clan Member

ZodiacOak

female

HEY CelticRose you really got me thinking about my future title...you also asked about some ideas for yours...well, I thought you might use "Trellis for God's handiwork" you spoke of God's beauty and his creation and well, He is proud of His most beautiful creation...YOU! so, be a trellis where He can grow in you! biggrin.gif

P.S. you can change it up a bit if you don't like it or if it sounds corny...it's an idea feel free to make it your own!

--------------------
scotelass, clan CUNNINGHAM
PMEmail Poster               
The_Spanish_Rover 
Posted: 02-Sep-2004, 04:59 AM
Quote Post

Clan Member

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Granada, Spain

male

I'm too far way to think bout my tittle...

Anyway, I love that story about wolves MacErca! I supose you red The Jungle Book. You should feel very identified.
PMEmail Poster               
Aaediwen 
Posted: 02-Sep-2004, 05:15 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Kentucky

male

Love that story MacE smile.gif Must have been wonderful having some peaceful time with a wild wolf. Sounds amazing smile.gif

--------------------
Poet and seeker of knowledge

Mountain Legacy -- Born in the isles, raised in Appalachia
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics 2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt