Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Help Between Authors, Ask each other for help here!
Bookmark and Share
greenldydragon 
Posted: 30-Mar-2006, 06:10 PM
Quote Post

Mistress of Dragons
Group Icon

Group: Wales
ZodiacHazel

female

I'm so glad that you are writing so well! Please post some samples! As for me, I just wrote some more, although I'm not sure it is as good as my previous posts. Anyway here it is..

As the whole village went up in flames, he had just stood in her doorway staring as though in confusion over the cause of the cries of anguish surrounding him. She had tried to get past him to help her people fight off the enraged enemy, but no matter how hard she pushed he would not let her leave her children. The boys had been crying in the back of the wooden hut, clutching to them their birthing day gifts, wondering what they had done wrong. She hadnít been able to explain to them that they hadnít done anything wrong, that it wasnít their fault that this attack was happening. All she had been able to do was hand each a small knife to protect themselves if the time came.
The pain she had been trying to suppress quickly encompassed all of her thoughts and feelings, leaving no room for her to even contemplate helping Leal back to his feet. The chaffing of her raw wrists encircled by blocks of unfeeling iron did nothing to help stop the ache spreading outwards from her heart. In her minds eye she relived those horrible moments over and over again in the few seconds the slave line paused. Lealís body finally giving way as he was stabbed by an enemy weapon, her launch into the villageís central meeting space only to be met with the vision of her beloved husband on his knees, a knife at his throat and his hair held by the enemyís commander. A soft wind blew her disintegrating clothing against her thighs, heightening the remembrance of her two sons rushing past her to seek their fatherís supposed protection. Her body began convulsing in shudders that started at her smallest toe and continued up to the tips of her brown hair. The rattling of chains signaling the restart of the slave chainís travel through the swamp rekindled itself into a maniacal laugh resounding as her two small children rushed towards death, to the enemyís delight. Smiling, their adversary dropped his knife, keeping hold of her husbandís hair, pulled his sword and chopped Sein and Tahir in half. She hadnít realized she had cried out until cold, hard grey eyes focused on her, and their owner while still smiling fluidly brought his weapon around and sliced off her husbandís head.
She must have made a sound as her sister, Laveda, gently touched her with her chains from behind. ďYour tears light their way to Aishohi,Ē her soft, darkly musical voice insinuated itself into the silent mist, ďbut your grief causes pain to those still with you.Ē As if supporting her sisterís claim, an enemy warrior rode up the line towards them and hit Leal in front of her. His elderly body, already hunched over from pain and grief, collapsed again into the oozing noxious mixture of water, mud and plants that was their surroundings.

--------------------
DRAGON BLESSING

May dragons bring you wealth
and guard your treasures
May they banish darkness and enlighten you
May female dragons grant you inner power
May the Dragon Queen
neutralize your enemies
May Dragon Spirits
give you power over Elementals
May weather dragons
bring rain at your request
May Ti'amat effect the changes you command
May Ishtar grant you Dragon Power
May Ishtar grant you Dragon Power
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
©2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics ©2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt