Setup

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Local Ghost Stories?, Got any good ones?
Bookmark and Share
MDF3530 
  Posted: 11-Apr-2005, 05:21 PM
Quote Post

Madman with a box
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacAlder

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

A church in my neighborhood is reputed to be haunted too.

The Beverly Unitarian Church, on the northwest corner of 103rd St. & Longwood Dr. is commonly known as the Givins Castle (to us locals, it's the Irish Castle). It was built and owned by Robert Givins, a wealthy real estate broker.

It is unclear, however, when this building became haunted, or who is haunting it. Some people say it is Mrs. Givins; others say it is a student from one of the building's previous uses, a girls' boarding school. Given the fact that Mrs. Givins never lived in the building, I tend to believe the second option.

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
PMEmail PosterView My Photographs               
Haldur 
Posted: 08-Jul-2005, 03:45 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacWillow

Realm: Grayson, KY

male

I heard this account by a pagan friend of mine a few years ago.

There is a house that is horribly haunted by a malevolent force in Carter Co., Kentucky. Inhabitants have told of hearing the laughter of children and the sound of tap water loudly dripping in the sink and echoing throughout the home. All of this even though the house is miles away from any neighbor, road, or playground. And there are no leaky faucets in the house, or at least none that would sound so loud. There have also been accounts of tenants (the house is rented out, for obvious reasons one can assume) feeling extreme cold in areas of the house where cold air could not emanate. One tenant remarked about hearing her six year old daughter talking to someone in her bedroom. She called her imaginary friend "Jenny". The mother thought nothing of it, passing it off as childhood fancy. A few weeks later, however, she found her six year old frozen with fear, tears streaming down her cheeks, and afterwards learned she had "seen a man in the shadows". The family moved out shortly after.

It was discovered that some twenty years earlier, the original owners of the house had come across some money for selling a share of the land. There was a middle-aged man who worked as a farmer, his wife, two kids, and the man's father, who shared ownership rights with his son. They lived on the property for about five or six years, until one day the entire family was found mutilated in the home. Apparently, the farmer had snapped and murdered his wife, two kids (a boy and a girl by the name of Jenny) and his own father. The man then turned a 12-gauge shotgun on himself in a barn near the property. The state police investigated the case for years, never finding what the man had used to murder his family. Some years later, after the landlord of the property had cleared some land, a wood splitter was uncovered from the woods behind the shed where the man took his life. The woodsplitter exactly matched the wounds reported in the autopsies of all four victims.

--------------------
Haldr, Traveller of the Great Forest

"After all is said and done, a lot more will be said than done."

- Unknown

user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteRead My Blog View My Photographs               
CelticCoalition 
Posted: 15-Jul-2005, 04:44 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacReed

male

There was an old Assylum in the city where I grew up. My mother used to work for USWest when it was still around in Colorado, and she would dispatch people to work on telephone lines various locations. One of the places she dispatched to was this Assylum. The workers never liked going out there, they said it was a sad place and hinted of possible abouse by the orderlies, but never said anything for sure.

Well, as long as I can remember the place was shut down. It was known to be haunted by the ghosts of the patients that died there though. I was never up to going on the actual grounds, they were surrounded by a fence. But a few years back some friends of mine in college went there for an Urban Legends project in one of their classes. Apparently there are many tunnels connecting the buildings, needles and other drug paraphenalia, and while my friends were down in one of the tunnels they saw these wire frame beds against the wall. Well, something came along and started rattling the frames and scared my friends enough that they ended their little tour.

I took my girlfriend out to the site one day recently, but the buildings had been leveled and the ground evened out, so no more Assylum for high school kids to freak themselves out over.

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
May those who love us love us
And those who don't love us
May God turn their hearts,
And if He doesn't turn their hearts,
May He turn their ankles,
So we'll know them by their limping.
PMEmail Poster               
MDF3530 
  Posted: 15-Jul-2005, 11:49 PM
Quote Post

Madman with a box
Group Icon

ZodiacAlder

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

QUOTE (CelticCoalition @ 15-Jul-2005, 04:44 PM)
I took my girlfriend out to the site one day recently, but the buildings had been leveled and the ground evened out, so no more Assylum for high school kids to freak themselves out over.

I wish they'd do that to a former prison in my area, the Joliet (IL) State Prison (nicknamed Stateville by locals). If you've ever seen "The Blues Brothers", you've seen Stateville. It's where John Belushi gets released from. It was closed several years ago due to inhumane conditions.
PMEmail PosterView My Photographs               
Donajhi 
  Posted: 01-Jul-2007, 01:32 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

Realm: Fae Hillfort

female

This might be an old thread, but I just have to tell the story of my adventures.
It was twenty years ago, an older friend wished to repair the cover on his fathers grave in Nogales, Arizona. For those of you who do not know. Nogales is on both sides of the border. The land has many hills. The trip was two days before the "Day Of The Dead", he wanted it to be finished before the holiday. No problem a few bags of cement, some 2X4's for the forms, we poured and finished about 5PM. About 1AM it started to rain as it only can in that part of the state and Mexico.
We jumped out of bed pulled on jeans and shoes and headed the 1/4 mile to the graveyard to put plastic over the fresh cement. This graveyard is over 200 years old so there are a great deal of large angels and the like guarding the graves. So as the thunder and lighting raged Robert and I works to keep the wind from taking our plastic away. The clouds moved in and covered the moon, our small source of light was gone. "Dj, go to the truck, behind the seat is a large flashlight. Get it, please", Robert called to me above the wind. I run for the truck, it is dark gray and almost disappeared in the gloom. A lighting flash helped me the last few feet.
Digging in the truck I came up with the flashlight, one of the 9 volt kind. Slamming the door I got to the front of the truck when I discovered the thing did not work. As I stood shaking the thing I heard voices, men that were feeling no pain. They were singing at the top of their lungs, the three were coming over the hill just down from me. Weaving, arms around each other for support, and singing some song in spanish.
I was still shaking the flashlight when Robert called, "Hit it on the bottom."
So I up ended the thing, light pointing up and gave it a great whack. By now the men were even with me and because of the dark night they did not notice me standing about 10 feet off the road. So when the light flashed into full brilliance it bathed me from waist to sky is strong bright light.
The men screamed, up went their hand and they started to pray while at a full dead run. The last I saw them they had crossed over a hill and were still yelling.
Robert in the meantime was rolling around in the wet grass. At this point I was soaked and cold, not really in the mood for fun and games. "What's so funny?", I ask. "Well, look down. You are in your night shirt which is pure white, your hair is loose and blowing in the wind, ( it hangs below my booty). You just scared the holy@#$ out of those guys. They were screaming the Avenging Angel had come for them, but they promised to never drink again."
"Really", I said, "whatever- lets go before I get sick in this cold."
Next morning at the restaurant everyone was talking about the Avenging Angel that came to capture those who got drunk. Robert looked at me and smiled. As I glared back he just eat and kept still. That was 20 years ago and the story is still told in the small town of Nogales AZ/MX.
Look at my profile to see my picture, I am the color of wallpaper paste, so I guess in a storm I might appear all white......Who knows. And NO, I do not go to Nogales anymore. eek.gif eek.gif eek.gif rip_1.gif ghost.gif

--------------------
CHECK MY SITE: BEYOND THE VEIL http://www.gmadventures.com

"I DID NOT, IT WAS THE FAIRY FOLK!"

Scottish by the grace of God

Fairy Day countdown banner

DIOGENES HAS PASSED ME THE LANTERN, STILL LOOKING.....
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteRead My Blog View My Photographs               View My Space Profile.
Lady of the Loch 
Posted: 06-Jul-2007, 11:20 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Indiana

female

rofl, that is too funny! I imagine it probably would scare a person to death to think you are the only three out in the storm and boom, there is a person right beside you in a white gown and flowing hair and near a grave yard as well. I only wish I could seen their faces when they took off...rofl
PMEmail PosterRead My Blog                View My Space Profile.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics 2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt