Posted: 17-Jul-2004, 11:16 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

Realm: Des Plaines, Illinois

female

Hi All,
This is just an observation of something I heard saturday night from 10:30 PM to 11:00 PM Chicago time on saturday July 17. There were six versions of the same song played in a row, and all were requested. Now, don't get me wrong, I like the song Go Lassie Go, but six times in a row? nono.gif Now this is not a flame at anyone but please, thinks of the rest of us that have to listen to it for a half an hour. I can understand that you might want to hear different versions but by doing that you might also lose new listeners to the station if they listened during that time. They might think that that is the only song here and go somewhere else. Just thought I would give you something to think about.

--------------------
Blessed Be.

Merry meet, merry part, merry meet again.

Do as ye will, but harm ye none.

Nikki
PMEmail Poster                View My Space Profile.
dfilpus 
Posted: 18-Jul-2004, 08:54 AM
Quote Post

Vainamoinen
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacAsh

Realm: Chapel Hill NC

male

This happens every so often. One time it was Barrett's Privateers. Another time it was Star of the County Down.

Somebody may have just liked the song. It probably is not malicious or mischievous.

You have a good point about alienating new listeners.

--------------------
Näkemiin

Dave (SCA: Geoffrey Genour of Carney)
Protector of Bits and Bytes, Third cousin once removed to Phil, Prince of Insufficient Light

user posted image

Help out with the site! Win prizes!
Suggest videos at VideoCelt.com

Check out the outstanding video - Merchant Marine by Celtae
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMy Photo Album               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 18-Jul-2004, 09:09 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Boston, MA

male

We made some changes a few weeks back that allows us to better track where and who is making the requests.

We have identified the person that was making the request, although I saw 3 different versions of this song that they requested. Perhaps someone else requested the same version at the same time to make 6 versions playing all in a row. In any event, a message has been sent to this person.

I think for the most part this is all innocent and it could be just a mistake. We shall keep an eye on this and if the same member keeps coming up as requesting multiple versions of the same song (by different artists) in a row (3 or more), then we may have to turn requests off for that person.

Please, we want to leave the system as is, open and free to all to use. Please do not fill up the song queue with the same song by different artists as it degrades the quality of the broadcast for everyone to hear and enjoy. I think sometimes it is nice to hear 2 different versions of the song in a row, but 3 or more is not acceptable.

If members could please email us or post a message when this happens, we will contact the person that made the requests.

--------------------
Wallace MacArthur
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network

Imagination is more Important than Knowledge
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
AShruleEgan 
Posted: 18-Jul-2004, 01:00 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Winston-Salem, North Carolina

male

Mac, sorry to say there buddy but I had to turn the volume off this morning because of the show you had on. I just couldn't listen to the Gettysburg Address anymore. I'll listen to it once but 3 times in a row was to much for my brain. wacko.gif
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 18-Jul-2004, 03:36 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

QUOTE (A Shrule Egan @ 18-Jul-2004, 02:00 PM)
Mac, sorry to say there buddy but I had to turn the volume off this morning because of the show you had on. I just couldn't listen to the Gettysburg Address anymore. I'll listen to it once but 3 times in a row was to much for my brain. wacko.gif

Yes, it needs some work I agree. There was also an issue this morning.

I may discontinue this programming until I have more time to work on some better quality broadcasting.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
AShruleEgan 
Posted: 19-Jul-2004, 04:20 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Winston-Salem, North Carolina

male

QUOTE (Macfive @ 18-Jul-2004, 04:36 PM)
Yes, it needs some work I agree. There was also an issue this morning.

I may discontinue this programming until I have more time to work on some better quality broadcasting.

Paul, it wasn't the same Gettysburg Address that played, it was 3 different versions that had played. There may have been more during that show. I came on after the show had started and after 3 times, I had enough. Pick one and move on. biggrin.gif
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 19-Jul-2004, 08:39 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Part of the problem with our Civil War broadcast is that we just don't have enough songs. There is also a slight problem with our radio server that is preventing us from queue up a custom playlist.

Hopefully I will have a solution by Sunday.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
©2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics ©2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt