Posted: 22-Mar-2005, 10:12 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacOak

Realm: Flushing Michigan USA

male

Shamalama Posted on 22-Mar-2005, 09:44 AM
Does anyone else work for a company where there is a philosophy of "screw up - move up"? I've seen my company take people that either couldn't do their job, or did it so poorly, that in order to get them out of their job they PROMOTE them. That way they don't have to worry about performing poorly: they instead rely on their underlings to do their job for them.

Is McDonald's still hiring?

Yeah I do!!! The US Post Office. I'm the main window clerk at my office. The part time window help I had today is also the guy that is the boss on Saturday's. He made a comment that he couldn't understand why the Gov't recognizes Christmas as a holiday and gives us a day off, but not Easter. When I said that it was because Easter always falls on a Sunday, he corrected me in front of a lobby full of people by stating "Easter always falls on a different day of the week every year." He went on to say he knew this because some years it arrives right after his birthday. I guess Good Friday this year is on Thursday. dontgetit.gif

gettin-away

--------------------
Paradox...Dirty socks...Glacier Rocks...Goldilocks

user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
MDF3530 
  Posted: 22-Mar-2005, 10:16 PM
Quote Post

Madman with a box
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacAlder

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

QUOTE (gettin-away @ 22-Mar-2005, 09:12 PM)
Yeah I do!!! The US Post Office. I'm the main window clerk at my office. The part time window help I had today is also the guy that is the boss on Saturday's. He made a comment that he couldn't understand why the Gov't recognizes Christmas as a holiday and gives us a day off, but not Easter. When I said that it was because Easter always falls on a Sunday, he corrected me in front of a lobby full of people by stating "Easter always falls on a different day of the week every year." He went on to say he knew this because some years it arrives right after his birthday. I guess Good Friday this year is on Thursday. dontgetit.gif

gettin-away

He's obviously not the brightest light on the marquee.

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
Rindy 
Posted: 22-Mar-2005, 10:17 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

female

QUOTE (CelticRose @ 22-Mar-2005, 02:50 PM)
Hi Shamalama!  I am amazed at the amount of people who are on CR while at their work place.  I worked for the University of Arizona..........a rather huge employer, but we were never allowed to peruse the internet or even make personal emails.  They even had a way of checking our computers to make sure we were behaving ourselves!  Now I am at home and my husband is my boss.....he doesn't care if I am on the computer during the day as long as I get off as soon as he walks in the door!  angel_not.gif  biggrin.gif

I am catching up on forums and listening to Highlander Radio!

Hi celticrose,

I also used to work for the University only of Wyo. I used to do the compressed video. They really checked everything, plus you had to run a camera hooked through a computer and they could see you. There is a lot of interneting going on.. when people should be working. I never realized how much until getting on the forums. If it is your job that's one thing...Hi gettinaway and( MDF3530 good luck on your posting) Shamalama, and anyone else I might of missed.

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Lil 
Posted: 23-Mar-2005, 11:35 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Wales
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Spring Hill, Florida, USA

female

This is what I am doing right now......

I am going to get my husband up an we are going to a job interview this morning, wish us luck!!!

Lil

(hopefully to soon exit the land of telemarketing forever)
PMEmail Poster               
DesertRose 
Posted: 23-Mar-2005, 03:48 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: The desert of Arizona

female

QUOTE (Rindy1202 @ 22-Mar-2005, 10:17 PM)
QUOTE (CelticRose @ 22-Mar-2005, 02:50 PM)
Hi Shamalama! I am amazed at the amount of people who are on CR while at their work place. I worked for the University of Arizona..........a rather huge employer, but we were never allowed to peruse the internet or even make personal emails. They even had a way of checking our computers to make sure we were behaving ourselves!  Now I am at home and my husband is my boss.....he doesn't care if I am on the computer during the day as long as I get off as soon as he walks in the door!  angel_not.gif biggrin.gif

I am catching up on forums and listening to Highlander Radio!

Hi celticrose,

I also used to work for the University only of Wyo. I used to do the compressed video. They really checked everything, plus you had to run a camera hooked through a computer and they could see you. There is a lot of interneting going on.. when people should be working. I never realized how much until getting on the forums. If it is your job that's one thing...Hi gettinaway and( MDF3530 good luck on your posting) Shamalama, and anyone else I might of missed.

Slainte smile.gif

Really?! ohmy.gif Now that is very interesting indeed. I knew the Universities did it, but wasn't sure how. unsure.gif

I am trying to catch up on all my posts, if my server will stay up! dry.gif

--------------------
Fine art & photography by DESERT ROSE IMAGES
http://www.desertrose-images.com
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMy Photo Album               
gwenlee 
Posted: 23-Mar-2005, 04:10 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacAlder

female

I'm catching up on the forum, listening to CR and getting ready to cook dinner before I'm off to work.
urian 
Posted: 25-Mar-2005, 04:40 PM
Quote Post

heretic. lurker in the shadows
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Texas

male

marvelling at all of the drivel that can be generated about celebrities, fashion, and belly button lint.
Gotta love the masses

--------------------
'Dying for being different is still better than living as a Sheep'-anon
PMEmail Poster               
valpal59 
Posted: 26-Mar-2005, 08:49 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Texas Panhandle

female

Getting caught up on the forums and watching the Sci-Fi channel.

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.

You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

Author Unknown
PMEmail Poster               View my Facebook Profile.View My Space Profile.
Rindy 
Posted: 26-Mar-2005, 10:06 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

female

I am also catching up on the forum. Just got done making reservations in Colorado for the Renaissnace festival this summer. I was there a couple of times a few years ago.

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
valpal59 
Posted: 26-Mar-2005, 10:30 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

female

Where in Colorado is the festival? We went to one in Larkspur about 4 years ago. We really enjoyed it and would like to go back.
Rindy 
Posted: 26-Mar-2005, 10:48 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

female

QUOTE (valpal 59 @ 26-Mar-2005, 08:30 PM)
Where in Colorado is the festival? We went to one in Larkspur about 4 years ago. We really enjoyed it and would like to go back.

Val that is it! We are staying in Castle Rock. How was it four years ago? I was ther in 99 I beleive it was. I hear it is really big now..Is that right? I loved it. Would be fun if some of us could get together and go to something like that. I have no idea what to wear. Tell me about it please...If you stayed in Larkspur where did you stay?

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
valpal59 
Posted: 26-Mar-2005, 11:18 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

female

I am sure it is bigger now than it was when we were there. We were there the first week in july. The weekend we were there was family weekend. LOTS of people. There are different themed weekends. We would like to go on a different weekend. Make sure you have a whole day. There is so much to see and do. We were there with another couple, but it wasn't their kind of thing. They just did it for me. So we didn't get to stay as long as we would have liked to. That is why we want to go back. The year we were there , they were having a very hot summer. We wore shorts. You can also dress in costume. One of your own or you can rent one. I would really like to do that the next time. LOTS of shows and vendors. It is like an old village. GREAT FUN!!!!!
Rindy 
Posted: 26-Mar-2005, 11:23 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

female

Val so did you stay in Larkspur? If so do you remember where? Yes, the themed weekends. I am going during the scottish Irish themed weekend. I don't think I'll be wearing a costume this year. I am going to try and get the band Clann An Drumma to play there next summer. I don't know if you know who they are but they are a wonderful Scottish band.
That is so nice you went with another couple. Sometimes we all need that. If your in the area during that weekend let me know.

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
valpal59 
Posted: 27-Mar-2005, 08:39 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

female

No, we didn't stay in Larkspur. We were there for a week on vacation. We took the travel trailer. We camped at a place close to the Royal Gorge. It was a really nice place, but it was in the wrong direction from everywhere we went.
Rindy 
Posted: 27-Mar-2005, 08:49 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

female

QUOTE (valpal 59 @ 27-Mar-2005, 06:39 AM)
No, we didn't stay in Larkspur. We were there for a week on vacation. We took the travel trailer. We camped at a place close to the Royal Gorge. It was a really nice place, but it was in the wrong direction from everywhere we went.

Val I think you just described Denver. Its the wrong way to anything...

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics 2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt