Posted: 27-Mar-2008, 09:13 PM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan Cathcart-USA
Group Icon

Group: Order of the Knights
ZodiacAlder

Realm: Perryville, Arkansas

male

Posting and chatting in IRC as well as contemplating the things I have learned in this life as I approach my 52nd year..

--------------------
Blessed Be,
Sir. Raibeart Paris, OGU
PMEmail Poster               
ctbard 
Posted: 28-Mar-2008, 08:26 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

Realm: Connecticut

female

Is your Birthday coming soon Druid of Ark? Mine is also, the birthdays seem to appear quicker and quicker.But you know, I"m so much happier now then when I was younger.

--------------------
The devil whispered behind the leaves, it's pretty but is it art?
Rudyard Kipling
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Druid_of_Ark 
Posted: 28-Mar-2008, 08:49 AM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan Cathcart-USA
Group Icon

Group: Order of the Knights
ZodiacAlder

Realm: Perryville, Arkansas

male

I am waking up a day closer to 06 April 2008 when I will turn 52, and I am glad for it is a day closer to my return to the Cauldron. Of course I enjoy having such a famous Birthday, being an Auspicious day for any Scotsman.
PMEmail Poster               
Camac
Posted: 28-Mar-2008, 08:54 AM
Quote Post

Main: Registration
Questions: Help
Important: Rules

Zodiac

Taxes mad.gif puke.gif jawdrop.gif

UlsterScotNutt 
Posted: 28-Mar-2008, 09:24 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: New England, USA

male

QUOTE (pretentiouswombat @ 27-Mar-2008, 11:09 AM)
Trying to hang in here at work for my normal 5 hours although I'm beginning to feel a bit stiff.

For those who don't know, my sweetie and I were in a car wreck on Tuesday night. Some 18-year-old girl rear-ended us and I took a trip to the ER to get my neck and back checked since I had (and still have) neck pain. I stayed out of work yesterday so I could take it easy and rest.

You know, she came barreling down on us and didn't even slow down - no squealing tires, no skid marks, just WHAM! And it was a perfectly clear night, on a well-lit, 6-lane major road with nary a curve in sight. One has to wonder, was she on the cell-phone and that's why she didn't even attempt to slow down or avoid us? We had just stopped for the light and were beginning to accelerate. The next thing I knew, we were in the left lane even though just a couple of seconds before we had been in the far right. Thank goodness we didn't have the kids with us in the back seat.

Irony - we had just filled up the gas tank and taken the car through the car wash not 2 hours earlier!

All I can say is I'm glad you are typing this story.
My youngest has his drivers license now for 2 weeks, so far so good, not like his older brother, 6 days with a license and he totals the car! Luckily he had airbags because in the olden days he would have been dead. Plus almost all kids today automatically put on their seatbelts without even thinking.

Get well soon.

--------------------
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. Plato(427-347 BC) Philosopher and Educator

Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind. The second is to be kind. And the third is to be kind. Henry James (1843-1916) Writer

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire
kind people. -Abraham Joshua Heschel (1907-1972) Theology Professor
UlsterScotNutt 
Posted: 28-Mar-2008, 09:27 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

male

QUOTE (Druid_of_Ark @ 27-Mar-2008, 09:13 PM)
Posting and chatting in IRC as well as contemplating the things I have learned in this life as I approach my 52nd year..

DoA , I know the feeling. Having just been there. April 6 fast approaches, so think fast! laugh.gif
UlsterScotNutt 
Posted: 28-Mar-2008, 09:28 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

male

QUOTE (ctbard @ 28-Mar-2008, 08:26 AM)
Is your Birthday coming soon Druid of Ark? Mine is also, the birthdays seem to appear quicker and quicker.But you know, I"m so much happier now then when I was younger.

Ctbard, I'll see you for your 58th this year!! tongue.gif
ranger 
Posted: 28-Mar-2008, 09:38 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

Realm: Western Kentucky

male

Messing around on this website and avoiding work. I seem to do that quite often lately.... angel_not.gif

--------------------
"...so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

'The Lord of the Rings' - Book one
PMEmail Poster               
UlsterScotNutt 
Posted: 28-Mar-2008, 09:39 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

male

QUOTE (Camac @ 27-Mar-2008, 07:22 PM)
Just sitting here thinking how families drift apart and loose touch until tragedy hits. Out of sight, out of mind or is it a sign of the times we live in with our busy lives?

Camac.

Funny you mention this. I was just doing the same. When we were younger all the aunts and uncles and all of us kids/cousins would be together so much, but now we hardly see each other anymore except at funerals and weddings and we haven't had a wedding in awhile. Sadly one of my cousins lost his eldest son and that was the last big get together.
We share less and less a commonality across the board. There are so many other things in life to partake in nowadays. We were just talking about things like an entire nation being able to share certain experiences all together like with radio in its earlier days and tv programs when there was only 3 channels. Your interests and attentions can cover so much ground and we have less and less to share in common.
There is always something occupying our time and attention.
Sad is true.
UlsterScotNutt 
Posted: 28-Mar-2008, 09:40 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

male

QUOTE (ranger @ 28-Mar-2008, 09:38 AM)
Messing around on this website and avoiding work. I seem to do that quite often lately.... angel_not.gif

Captivating , isn't it!!!! wink.gif
Camac
Posted: 28-Mar-2008, 10:23 AM
Quote Post

Main: Registration
Questions: Help
Important: Rules

Zodiac

I'm off on Monday to attend the funeral of my Aunt who just passed away at age 87. I am fortunate in the fact that last Aug. right after my oldest daughters wedding I spent a week in Brockville visiting her and my cousins. At the time I told them how ashamed I was for not coming sooner and more often. Like I said it seems the only time we see each other is at family funerals. Your right when I was a kid we saw so much of each other it was like we all lived in the same house. Those days unfortunately are gone.

sad.gif Camac

ctbard 
Posted: 28-Mar-2008, 10:25 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

58!!!!!!! I think not!!!!!!, I'm 47, 15 years younger than you Ulsterscotnutt!
pretentiouswombat 
Posted: 28-Mar-2008, 10:36 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Georgia

female

With everybody talking about their ages lately, I have to chime in - You're only as old as you feel, guys! And, since a lady never tells her true age, nobody really knows mine. wink.gif

I'm home again today because I apparently aggravated things yesterday by sitting at my desk for 5 hours. I'm very, very stiff and achy now and contemplating hitting the heavy-duty meds just to get some relief. Since I'm not at work, I can do that. Yesterday, I had to make do with just the Motrin at work.

BTW,one of my daughters has a birthday on April 6, also. She's in good company!

--------------------
Check out my new blog at www.dilettantesdilemma.blogspot.com
Patti, The Celtic Pretentious Wombat

Feel the Teal! The year is 1599, and a new musical sensation is sweeping the youth of England! Dude! Life is Good! Visit The Lost Boys Online
PMEmail PosterUsers Website               View My Space Profile.
ctbard 
Posted: 28-Mar-2008, 10:44 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

My Birthday is April 8th, my son's is April 12th, and one of my pups is April 12th also, and, I am 47, my son will be 27??? Oh my God, now I really feel old, my daughter will be 30 in Oct.!! I think I need a nap.
UlsterScotNutt 
Posted: 28-Mar-2008, 11:26 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

male

QUOTE (Camac @ 28-Mar-2008, 10:23 AM)
I'm off on Monday to attend the funeral of my Aunt who just passed away at age 87. I am fortunate in the fact that last Aug. right after my oldest daughters wedding I spent a week in Brockville visiting her and my cousins. At the time I told them how ashamed I was for not coming sooner and more often. Like I said it seems the only time we see each other is at family funerals. Your right when I was a kid we saw so much of each other it was like we all lived in the same house. Those days unfortunately are gone.

sad.gif Camac

Think I'll go visit my aunt, she is my mothers' older sister, maybe bring mom with me to visit.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics 2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt