Posted: 01-Jun-2004, 09:56 AM
Quote Post

The Protector of the Unknown
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Guysborough Co., Nova Scotia

male

Guys, you should resolve this. Now. If not here, then through pm. And I mean resolve, don't just post arguments back and forth like bickering kids.

Peckery, if you didn't intend to offend, then damn well say so. Don't just try and sugar coat the comment with other poor ones and call it all in fun. You stepped on some toes, man, it's time to admit it.

If a kid trows a rock at someone, you make them say sorry, no matter how much they want to just throw another one. Or at least, that's the way it should be. sad.gif

After that last post, you're stepping on my toes too. And she doesn't need the whole board to back her. If you offend one, you offend all. Practice some restraint.

--------------------
Caw

"I am a Canadian by birth, but I am a Highlander by blood and feel under an obligation to do all I can for the sake of the Highlanders and their literature.... I have never yet spoken a word of English to any of my children. They can speak as much English as they like to others, but when they talk to me they have to talk in Gaelic."

-Alexander Maclean Sinclair of Goshen (protector of Gaelic Culture)

We need more Stan Rogers.

jams
PMEmail PosterUsers Website               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 01-Jun-2004, 01:32 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Boston, MA

male

QUOTE (peckery @ 31-May-2004, 04:36 PM)
On the wholewe have better teeth, so we win.
And we never did get a formal THANKS for saving their pasty asses in WWII
Price Charles has big ears and a girlfriend that is a horse.
We need THEIR approval????? king.gif

I?d like to make a few comments here. First, there is something to be said of stating facts properly. I have said this before and it has been an issue before, if you venture off to make statements not supported by fact, you are going to get whacked. Be prepared to backup what you say, just don?t say something and not expect someone to question it. The U.S. did not single handedly win WWII. We did not by ourselves save the world from ternary. It was the combined efforts of millions of people from countries like Canada, U.S., U.K., Soviet Union, China and others ? that stopped the Axis countries dead in their tracks. I?m not a historian, but I think the U.K., against all odds, ceased Germany from invading their country. BY THEMSELVES! Before the U.S. got involved in the war, or enough to make a difference.

It is a disgrace to the soldiers that died to say such a thing. People don?t realize and will never comprehend the sacrifices that were made so that we could live in peace. I know it is hard to imagine a world different than what it is today, but people gave their lives so you could walk around and voice your opinion, freely, openly and without retribution.

In the honor of the WWII generation, I can certainly say with 100% belief that you would never hear them utter such words. Nor would they ever claim such thing. Take a lesson from them and before you actually make a claim like this, talk and asked them your question/statement.

I may be coming off a little strong on this, but both my wife and I have fathers that fought in WWII. One at the Battle of the Bulge and one at Okinawa. Especially coming off Memorial Day, it is a little disheartening to here such a claim.

--------------------
Wallace MacArthur
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network

Imagination is more Important than Knowledge
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
oldraven 
Posted: 01-Jun-2004, 02:17 PM
Quote Post

The Protector of the Unknown
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Guysborough Co., Nova Scotia

male

Well put, Macfive.
Iain A.D. 
Posted: 01-Jun-2004, 04:46 PM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacWillow

Realm: Edinburgh, Alba

male

QUOTE (Macfive @ 01-Jun-2004, 06:32 PM)
I’d like to make a few comments here. First, there is something to be said of stating facts properly. I have said this before and it has been an issue before, if you venture off to make statements not supported by fact, you are going to get whacked. Be prepared to backup what you say, just don’t say something and not expect someone to question it. The U.S. did not single handedly win WWII. We did not by ourselves save the world from ternary. It was the combined efforts of millions of people from countries like Canada, U.S., U.K., Soviet Union, China and others – that stopped the Axis countries dead in their tracks. I’m not a historian, but I think the U.K., against all odds, ceased Germany from invading their country. BY THEMSELVES! Before the U.S. got involved in the war, or enough to make a difference.

It is a disgrace to the soldiers that died to say such a thing. People don’t realize and will never comprehend the sacrifices that were made so that we could live in peace. I know it is hard to imagine a world different than what it is today, but people gave their lives so you could walk around and voice your opinion, freely, openly and without retribution.

In the honor of the WWII generation, I can certainly say with 100% belief that you would never hear them utter such words. Nor would they ever claim such thing. Take a lesson from them and before you actually make a claim like this, talk and asked them your question/statement.

I may be coming off a little strong on this, but both my wife and I have fathers that fought in WWII. One at the Battle of the Bulge and one at Okinawa. Especially coming off Memorial Day, it is a little disheartening to here such a claim.

I think that was something like the reply I was trying to make. You just put it a little more succinctly.... biggrin.gif

--------------------
Hush ye, hush ye, little pet ye.
Hush ye, hush ye, do not fret ye.
The Black Douglas shall not get ye.
PMEmail Poster               
maisky 
Posted: 01-Jun-2004, 05:42 PM
Quote Post

King of CelticRadio.net Jesters
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacVine

Realm: Easton, PA

male

Well said, Mac!!! thumbs_up.gif

--------------------
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."
Carl Sagan
McKenna 
Posted: 15-Jun-2006, 12:16 PM
Quote Post

Servant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacOak

Realm: Los Angeles, CA

female

The U.S. certainly hasn't convinced ME in the last...ahem....SIX YEARS!! :-(

--------------------
There is a vitality, a life-force, an energy, a quickening that is translated through you into action and because there is only one of you in all of time, this expression is unique. And if you block it, it will never exist through any other medium and be lost. -martha graham
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
Celtic cat 
Posted: 17-Jun-2006, 11:35 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Florida

female

QUOTE (peckery @ 01-Jun-2004, 09:53 AM)

I declare this Eel Pie Factory OPEN.    Wow!  I have goose bumps.

I am so glad you have had the free time to poll everyone on this board and ask them how they feel about my posts.
It is this kind of hard scientific research and data and TRUTH that keep this board a great place.  I weep openly and bow at your superior intellect.  Please don't beat on my fragile psyche any more.

GOD SAVE THE QUEEN!                                  (What was his name again?)

king.gif

Sure the whole forum isn't going to post how they disagree with your comments but as one can clearly see she wasn't the only one perturbed by what you have said. I for one agree with her whole heartedly. But in addition, I should say this. Your first comment could have been enough to poke fun, but after you saw how other's felt you could have stopped but instead you keep throwing in insults. You did not defend yourself without using insults on someone else. Yeah it is a little late but I had to add two pence.

--------------------
*~Extinction is Forever~*

"For Those Who Can't Speak, We Must" -Tiger Creek
http://www.tigercreek.org/

"Man is born free, but is everywhere in chains."
~Jean-Jacques Rousseau

*Cha shoirbh triubhas a chur air cat.
Itís not easy to put trews on a cat.* CR

user posted image
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
AShruleEgan 
Posted: 17-Jun-2006, 01:22 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Winston-Salem, North Carolina

male

QUOTE (Celtic cat @ 17-Jun-2006, 12:35 PM)
QUOTE (peckery @ 01-Jun-2004, 09:53 AM)

I declare this Eel Pie Factory OPEN.† † Wow!† I have goose bumps.

I am so glad you have had the free time to poll everyone on this board and ask them how they feel about my posts.
It is this kind of hard scientific research and data and TRUTH that keep this board a great place.† I weep openly and bow at your superior intellect.† Please don't beat on my fragile psyche any more.

GOD SAVE THE QUEEN!† † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † (What was his name again?)

king.gif

Sure the whole forum isn't going to post how they disagree with your comments but as one can clearly see she wasn't the only one perturbed by what you have said. I for one agree with her whole heartedly. But in addition, I should say this. Your first comment could have been enough to poke fun, but after you saw how other's felt you could have stopped but instead you keep throwing in insults. You did not defend yourself without using insults on someone else. Yeah it is a little late but I had to add two pence.

There was no reason for this thread to have a rebirth. This was a dead issue long ago. Both of these people are no longer on this forum. One by choice and the other was removed by Mac.

Mac knew the real reason behind the hatred of these two. Mac, at that time, choose to not acknowledge that fact and let the issue die, which is what should happen to this thread.

LET IT DIE!!
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
©2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics ©2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt