1 egg 1 cup of milk 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil 1 cup all purpose flour 1 teaspoon of baking powder a pinch of salt
1. Combine egg, milk and vegetable oil in a cup. In a bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix well with a whisk. Cover and chill for a few minutes as you heat the oil.
2. Use a chocolate covered candy bar for best results and make sure that it is chilled, some bars work better if frozen (Mars is the "traditional" bar but Snickers, Almond Joy, and even Twix and KitKat will work.) After the candy bars are chilled and cut remove the batter form the refrigerator and adjust the consistency if necessary.
3. Heat about 4cups of oil or shortening in a medium skillet to 385 F. Drop the chilled candy bar in the batter and gently place into the oil. Cook only until the outside is golden. Remove and drain on brown paper.
1 cup self raising flour beer Mars Bars (frozen) oil
1. Grab one cup of your self raising flour and add some of your beer to the flour until it becomes smooth but still thick.
2. With a small amount of batter make sure the oil has reached it required temp, by placing it in the oil and seeing if it bubbles on the surface.
3. Place the Mars bar in the batter and make sure you cover it well. Quickly put the bar in the oil until golden brown. Pull it out of the fryer and sit back and enjoy your deep fried mars bar.
PS Allow to cool for a few minutes, the inside can easily burn your mouth.
PPS Add a big dollop of vanilla icecream.... MMmmmmagic!
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)