Bookmark and Share
gandster 
Posted: 19-Apr-2004, 08:16 PM
Quote Post

Servant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

male

Rofl!! yuppers fdisk is your friend....kinda dont have a choice but to go back to fat32 /w win98... had a heck of a time once using a floppy to format c: ... kinda just bumped into this way....thats where the fat32 comes in...after the partiontion is reeinstalled and before reboot toss in the xp cd(seeting the cd to boot from your bios) it comes up as a new partition that needs to be formated and do you want to "quick" or "slow" install ntfs....boom either one works and off it goes...the rest is just waiting the 20-50 minutes ..(bottle of sprits kills alot of time wink.gif wink.gif biggrin.gif )
gandster

--------------------
Described as "bagpipes with an attitude," the energy and vitality
that Wolfstone brings to the stage is infectious; their audiences
are often brought to their collective feet with the opening notes
of the first tune.
Wolfstone and Mark saul in concert together..theres 1 heck of a shindig !!

i consider myself a sensitive inteligent fellow with the soul of a clown that forces me to blow it at the most crucial moment"..
PMEmail Poster               
gandster 
Posted: 19-Apr-2004, 08:30 PM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacAlder

male

Date: 4/19/2004 Time: 17:46:13
Rule "Default Block Backdoor/SubSeven Trojan horse" blocked (xxxxxx)(xx.xxx.x.xx),27374). Details:
Inbound TCP connection
Local address,service is (xxxxx(xx.xxx.x.xx),27374)
Remote address,service is (24.177.227.76,3353)
Process name is "N/A"
ps. dontcha just hate these !!
PMEmail Poster               
Elspeth 
Posted: 20-Apr-2004, 06:55 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

female

Can I say you guys lost me somewhere on page 1? tongue.gif

--------------------
Compassion is the sometimes fatal capacity for feeling what it is like inside somebody else's skin. It is the knowledge that there can never really be any peace and joy for me until there is peace and joy finally for you too.
- Frederick Buechner

If society prospers at the expense of the intangibles,
how can it be called progress?

-LLP
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
gandster 
Posted: 20-Apr-2004, 05:23 PM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacAlder

male

rofl! raises a glass of pinot ...not really...first thing about a puter is undo those 4 screws and look inside....follow a cable from point a to b ...when you realize that mish mash of cables and wires jumpled all over the place is just that... a simple cable.... little things to become familiar /w your computer...not just turning it on and clicking onto the net....go deeper.... look on web sites... start small...hmm tweaking a 56k modem.....i find it ridiculous that a tech charges $69-100 to format a system...ive lost count how many people ive sat down and forced to do there own...its so easy...its just software !!!
1 key piece of hardware, is a burner a must....save everything..leaving nothing to chance...once its on disk your set...problems arise ...nuke it and start fresh !! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
gandster
PMEmail Poster               
Aaediwen 
Posted: 20-Apr-2004, 07:56 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Kentucky

male

Sis E:

Get a machine built or built it yourself if at all possible. That's far better than any pre-built box. If you must go pre-built, go Dell

ohh, did I say build your own? Or have it built for you by someone other than a big name dealer?

--------------------
Poet and seeker of knowledge

Mountain Legacy -- Born in the isles, raised in Appalachia
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
AShruleEgan 
Posted: 20-Apr-2004, 08:30 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Winston-Salem, North Carolina

male

Elspeth, Dell has made it pretty easy for you to choose what you want on a computer. Go to this page: http://configure.us.dell.com/dellstore/con...&oc=D46SO&s=dhs and see if you can afford a 4600 AFTER picking out all the options you want. On each option, look to the right and you will see a box that says, "Help Me Choose". The explanations are pretty easy to understand.
I'm telling you to start with the 4600 because the technology changes in a matter of months and the 2400 puts you at the bottom rung off the bat. The 4600 gives you more options and is easier to upgrade in the future, without getting to be unreasonable priced. If you can't afford the 4600, try to go with the highest 2400 you can afford. It's still a pretty good machine.

If you think you can handle upgrading the memory RAM yourself, then order your computer with 256MB and purchase your upgrade (crucial.com is an option). Buying RAM through the computer company is a ripoff. If you don't feel confident doing that, order the 1GB option. That much RAM will make a big difference in the performance of your computer.

As for the warranty and service. To me, buying more than 2 years is a waste. After 2 years, your computer will be considered obsolete to the new technology. Yes, your computer will still work with slight upgrades and downloads but it will never equal what will be available on the market in the future.

Hope that helps you in your quest.
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics 2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt