ArizonaAmy9 
Posted: 09-Aug-2005, 10:37 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacVine

Realm: Tempe, Arizona USA

female

Ok..had CAD on in the car as I was taking kids to school...think "When the Clans Unite" is also a favorite...just in the 'stomp your feet' meter.... biggrin.gif

--------------------
[email protected]
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Rindy 
Posted: 09-Aug-2005, 02:56 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

female

QUOTE (ArizonaAmy9 @ 09-Aug-2005, 09:37 AM)
Ok..had CAD on in the car as I was taking kids to school...think "When the Clans Unite" is also a favorite...just in the 'stomp your feet' meter.... biggrin.gif

Amy, that is so funny! They have a way of doing that to people...Were your kids stomping too? LOL laugh.gif

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
cynni 
Posted: 09-Aug-2005, 04:18 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacVine

Realm: Huntington, IN

female

QUOTE (ArizonaAmy9 @ 09-Aug-2005, 10:37 AM)
Ok..had CAD on in the car as I was taking kids to school...think "When the Clans Unite" is also a favorite...just in the 'stomp your feet' meter....  biggrin.gif

When my foot stomp meter gets a going so does the speed meter rolleyes.gif I caught myself going 80 one day, because of CAD. Thank goodness there were no cops around.

--------------------
"We all get heavier as we get older because
there's a lot more information in our heads."
So I'm not fat, I'm just really intelligent and my head couldn't hold anymore so it started filling up the rest of me!
"Mama Tater"

PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 09-Aug-2005, 04:39 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

female

cynni! LOL laugh.gif I guess I have been lucky that way too, no tickets here..I hate to think what the officer would think if I tried to blame it on CAD...LOL.. laugh.gif

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
ArizonaAmy9 
Posted: 11-Aug-2005, 07:34 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

We can always try something like - "Officer, I am really sorry for my speeding, erratic driving or whatever...because you see I am listening to CAD right now...and as you can see it does increase blood flow, causes continuous foot-stomping, the occasional shout and so on...so...if I promise to only listen to CAD at home would you consider letting me go?" Or something like that. My kids like them too...the little ones that is...my big girls just continue to roll their eyeballs when they hear the pipes start up...
cynni 
Posted: 11-Aug-2005, 08:47 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacVine

female

I will have to try that if I ever do get stopped.
All of my Kids listen to CAD.Even my oldest son. He is 26. Just loves them he heard them live for the first time in FT.Wayne this year. He bought 3 of their CD'S. I think even one of their hats.
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 11-Aug-2005, 09:02 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

female

Do you think we could get the officer tribalized then??? LOL...Even if you said Clann An Drumma I am sure he would say What did you say...LOL.

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
cynni 
Posted: 12-Aug-2005, 05:39 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacVine

female

QUOTE (Rindy @ 11-Aug-2005, 09:02 PM)
Do you think we could get the officer tribalized then??? LOL...Even if you said Clann An Drumma I am sure he would say What did you say...LOL.

Slainte

We probably could get the officer tribalized. thumbs_up.gif
My husband got quite a few of his friends this year in Ft.Wayne.
They even said that they got all their friends from South Whitley to go next year. I just hope they will be there again.
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 12-Aug-2005, 01:03 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

female

QUOTE (cynni @ 12-Aug-2005, 04:39 AM)
QUOTE (Rindy @ 11-Aug-2005, 09:02 PM)

Slainte

We probably could get the officer tribalized. thumbs_up.gif
My husband got quite a few of his friends this year in Ft.Wayne.
They even said that they got all their friends from South Whitley to go next year. I just hope they will be there again.

COOL!!! thumbs_up.gif They do have that effect don't they...?

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
ArizonaAmy9 
Posted: 12-Aug-2005, 02:12 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

Well, maybe we should give it a try eh? My son thinks CAD is cool because he equaits anyone playing drums or pipes & wearing a kilt with the old days and thinks they should all have weapons on them. Can you tell he would like me to give him a dirk? My little ones are pretty good at knowing who I am listening too...especially if my foot is stomping while I am cooking dinner. I guess you could say they are...tribalized...my son also wants boots...he really thinks he should have been born YEARS ago...(that is what comes from watching the LOTR series...and attending Highland Games!!) He came to me yesterday & told me he would wear a kilt for Halloween if it also came with a sword...so...we'll see...you guys have a great weekend!
cynni 
Posted: 12-Aug-2005, 03:42 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacVine

female

When our youngest was in 8th grade. The School had a day for your heritage. He wore his fathers kilt and ghillies to school. He had one teacher that had threatened him about disrupting the class. He asked him how? The teacher replied because you are not with in the dress code. Ian told him that is what his ancestors wore. That was the end of the subject. But he called me. cause the kilt was starting to fall off. Some of the teachers their just don't know what to they are doing.
He now has his own kilt. it is a great kilt that he has. My husband has 2 and my daughter has a mini kilt. Me not yet. I will have one some day. I do have 2 special dresses that I wear.
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 12-Aug-2005, 07:28 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

female

Just thought I would let everyone know Clann An Drummas website will be down for 24 hours or better...just for maintenance...

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
ArizonaAmy9 
Posted: 13-Aug-2005, 09:34 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

Hi cynni that is interesting about what happened with your son when he dressed in kilt at school. When you think about how we are taught to be tolerant of other cultures YET when your son came to school dressed in his traditional clothing (a reflection of his heritage) he was worried over by his teachers. I find that rather interesting... My children have a 'heritage day' at their school and they do in fact have children from all over the world there - so I wonder how it would be taken if he'd come dressed in kilt. Although all his teachers all know that I was in Scotland last year and of my love of it...still...would be interesting....I guess you son must have really nice legs if just him being dressed in a kilt was a 'disruption'...just goes to show...women love a man in a kilt even if it is a young woman and a young man!! Must have been someone offering to be an 'official kilt checker' ha ha biggrin.gif
cynni 
Posted: 14-Aug-2005, 09:24 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacVine

female

Loved the article. It is sad sad.gif that they are not as well known there as they are here. But it seems like that is the way it is with most groups. Joe even admitted to it they were not known there. I guess we will just have to keep them here in the states. We all love them here.
PMEmail Poster               
N0LIKA 
Posted: 14-Aug-2005, 10:33 PM
Quote Post

Clan Member

ZodiacOak

female

Nice article Rindy.
I think they are just as well known as they need to be. Call me selfish but if hey get too well known we might not get hem here in the United States as often as we do. That would be tragic sadwalk.gif

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics 2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt