Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )
   Mobile App

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Celtic Radio Reunion 2008, For those that hang on this site!
Bookmark and Share
Annabelle 
Posted: 11-Aug-2004, 08:33 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacElder

Realm: Outer Space

No I didn't realize you are in Fla but next year will be good too. Thanks Brian! I'll still take the help!!!
Annabelle

--------------------
My heart will always be in the Highlands!

www.highlanderhouse.com
PMEmail Poster               
single speed 
Posted: 11-Aug-2004, 11:12 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: San Antonio, Tx

male

So have we deceided on a menu???

--------------------
If you were accused of being a Christian, would your enemies have enough evidence to convict you?
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him keep pace with the music he hears, however measured or far away.
-Henry David Thoreau

Pray as if everything depended on God, and work as if everything depended upon man.
- Cardinal Francis J. Spellman
PMEmail PosterUsers Website               
single speed 
Posted: 11-Aug-2004, 11:14 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

Or is this a "covered dish thing?"
3Ravens 
Posted: 12-Aug-2004, 07:29 AM
Quote Post

Herbmistress of Erin
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacRowan

Realm: south coastal Virginia

female

You get to bring the Hot Dish!

--------------------
If age is a learning experience, I should be a genius by now...
PMEmail Poster               
single speed 
Posted: 12-Aug-2004, 07:35 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

I've been told that I am a "Hot Dish".......
Elspeth 
Posted: 12-Aug-2004, 08:07 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

female

QUOTE (single speed @ 12-Aug-2004, 07:35 AM)
I've been told that I am a "Hot Dish".......

laugh.gif handle with gloves?

--------------------
Compassion is the sometimes fatal capacity for feeling what it is like inside somebody else's skin. It is the knowledge that there can never really be any peace and joy for me until there is peace and joy finally for you too.
- Frederick Buechner

If society prospers at the expense of the intangibles,
how can it be called progress?

-LLP
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
3Ravens 
Posted: 12-Aug-2004, 08:25 AM
Quote Post

Herbmistress of Erin
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

Realm: south coastal Virginia

female

Better get those long tongs you use when grilling.....and a fireplace poker! tongue.gif
PMEmail Poster               
freekenny 
Posted: 02-Sep-2004, 09:33 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Beaches of North Carolina & Mountains of Kentucky

female

O'siyo,
Whew! After reading through this thread..*axe-murderers, tickling, thongs & speedos eek.gif cruises, flying across the 'pond'..I couldn't stop laughing lol.gif This would really be so much fun! Central location..how about Kentucky, a lot of things to do there..hiking, camping, great lakes with great fishing..beautiful scenery! Outdoor dramas..none which costs a lot of money tongue.gif so that is a plus..plenty of places to stay..and aye, Kentuckians do have indoor plumbing lol.gif North Carolina is a good place as well....again, lots to do that wouldn't cost mucho money rolleyes.gif I would love to come and meet the people from CelticRadio..hopefully I will still be alive in '08 unsure.gif ..great idea! No kids or hubby here so travel wouldn't be a prob for me so name the place and I will do my best to come..that is if a Native American on a Harley is welcome to a Celtic Function hug.gif
~~Sty-U red_bandana.gif

--------------------
I always knew one day I would travel this road;I just did not know that today would be the day....

'Each man is good in his sight. It is not necessary for eagles to be crows' --Sitting Bull

'Why do you take by force what you could obtain by love?'
--Powhatan

'HeartAches mend, HeartBreaks are everlasting'-- my own quote, seeker
PMEmail Poster               
AShruleEgan 
Posted: 02-Sep-2004, 09:49 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

Realm: Winston-Salem, North Carolina

male

QUOTE (freekenny @ 02-Sep-2004, 10:33 PM)
O'siyo,
Whew! After reading through this thread..*axe-murderers, tickling, thongs & speedos eek.gif cruises, flying across the 'pond'..I couldn't stop laughing lol.gif This would really be so much fun! Central location..how about Kentucky, a lot of things to do there..hiking, camping, great lakes with great fishing..beautiful scenery! Outdoor dramas..none which costs a lot of money tongue.gif so that is a plus..plenty of places to stay..and aye, Kentuckians do have indoor plumbing lol.gif North Carolina is a good place as well....again, lots to do that wouldn't cost mucho money rolleyes.gif I would love to come and meet the people from CelticRadio..hopefully I will still be alive in '08 unsure.gif ..great idea! No kids or hubby here so travel wouldn't be a prob for me so name the place and I will do my best to come..that is if a Native American on a Harley is welcome to a Celtic Function hug.gif
~~Sty-U red_bandana.gif

Rhonda, if you read through the list of requirements for the site that we need, we are always open to suggestions, as long as they meet our needs. The only way to truly know if the fest meets our needs is, someone has to physically go there and check it out and make the contacts with the people who run the fest. Check out local hotels and campgrounds and vacation attractions ( National Parks, amusement parks, shopping, site seeing, etc.). We have to meet the needs of many types of people. What may sound cool to you, may not to someone else and other options have to be offered.

We still have time to pick a site. So, keep looking for some fests that could be possibilities and let us know.
PMEmail Poster               
freekenny 
Posted: 02-Sep-2004, 10:30 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Beaches of North Carolina & Mountains of Kentucky

female

O'siyo A Shrule Egan,
Hmmmm, guess I didn't read the post with the specific lists of needs for the 'gathering of the Celtic Radio members'.. I mostly saw posts about finding a place Centrally located, things to do like I listed..not so much about what I 'thought was cool' but, a diverse list of activities that maybe everyone could find at least something they would enjoy doing unsure.gif So perhaps I should leave the suggestions to others that are more qualified in finding the perfect place/fest for the gathering.. smile.gif
~~Sty-U red_bandana.gif
PMEmail Poster               
AShruleEgan 
Posted: 05-Sep-2004, 09:20 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

male

QUOTE (freekenny @ 02-Sep-2004, 11:30 PM)
others that are more qualified

biggrin.gif laugh.gif I wouldn't say Annabelle or myself are more qualified then anyone else, we just happened to step forward and are trying to organize the gathering. We gathered the suggestions of the forum members and narrowed it down to the ones that would be the fairest to the majority of the members.

We know that most members live in the northeast and midwest of the U.S. That's how we narrowed it down to look for a Celtic Fest with Highland Games, in that general area. As of now, we only have two fests that meet our needs, Celtic Fest at the Renfair grounds in Manheim, Pa. and the Celtic Classic in Bethlehem, Pa.

We need more suggestions and people to check out other fests that might meet our needs. If you print out the list for what is required and use it as a guide when you go to a fest and it meets all specs, by all means, let us know about it. Take pictures, find out who we need to contact, check for campgrounds and hotels in the area. Find out anything of interest, since most will be on vacation for a week or more and will need things to do and some will be bringing children and that will be a must for them.

By the way Rhonda, when the Celtic Classic in Bethlehem is taking place, Harley is always having their open house in York, a little over an hour away from Bethlehem. That party starts on Thursday and goes til Sunday. So, you could fit both, the Harley open house and the Classic in over that weekend, if Bethlehem is picked as the site.

PMEmail Poster               
Annabelle 
Posted: 05-Sep-2004, 09:24 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacElder

Realm: Outer Space

Us qualified!? Yea right!

It's going to require alot of work and we are certainly going to need others to help so if you are available to go have a look at a festival please let us know!

Annabelle
PMEmail Poster               
AShruleEgan 
Posted: 05-Sep-2004, 11:14 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

male

As a refresher, here's the list that any Celtic Fest will have to meet in order for us to consider it for 2008.

1. Centrally located for most members.
2. Easy access by car or airport, meaning nearby to major highways.
3. Quality campgrounds within a 30 minute drive. Campground needs to have some kind of a pavilion that we can use to hang out in and will allow those not staying at the campground admission to come to the pavilion. This is for night time purposes.
4. Hotels nearby for those who don't wish to camp.
5. Fest has room for a Celtic Radio tent to be put up for us to gather at and also use as a promo for the radio station.
6. Must be a Celtic Fest, Not strictly, Scottish, Irish......
7. Must have Highland Games.
8. Shopping nearby.
9. local entertainment for kids and vacationers (amusement parks, historical areas, etc).
PMEmail Poster               
single speed 
Posted: 05-Sep-2004, 11:25 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

Nice list Mike, but may I add ......

10) Ample supply of Guinness Stout.
AShruleEgan 
Posted: 05-Sep-2004, 11:28 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

male

Terry, both Pa. sites have micro breweries either on site or within walking distance. Both breweries have very acceptable beers. Getting beer won't be a problem.
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics 2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt