Bookmark and Share
Rindy 
Posted: 26-Apr-2005, 11:17 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

female

Thanks so much Bluegrass Lady, this day was better than yesterday for sure but the problems were on another forum It really made me appreciate Celtic Radio.
Thank you once again for the kind words!!! You have a good evening and a wonderful tomorrow..

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 18-May-2005, 12:54 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacOak

Realm: Pursuing happiness at 'The Shire' in western Georgia where hummingbirds buzz & horses graze

female

Oh man, is it nice to finally have a chance to get back here to CR!!!
So much has happened in the last week, I've hardly had time to catch my breath. Last Thursday, my mom was at the hair salon when she started feeling dizzy & nauseated; I was called to come pick her up to take her home, but by the time I got there they'd called an ambulance - she had passed out cold!
Long story short, I followed the ambulance carrying her to the hospital. Her blood pressure got up so high it was frightening, but they finally got it lowered. They did tests & determined her heart was okay, and on Saturday afternoon let her go home with different meds.
Turns out she'd let her blood pressure med run out, not refilled it, and had gone probably three weeks without taking anything!! That, combined with a hypoactive thyroid (that is underactive, they tell me) made her pass out at the salon. Revised meds for both conditions have helped, and today she's feeling much better.

I was scared! And troubled too. You can imagine what we thought might be causing her forgetfulness, but now they tell me that an off-kilter thyroid can cause everything from forgetfulness to depression. For her to not refill something is really careless, and we hope this isn't the beginning of something worse. Dad is upset too, and intends to keep a better eye on her. Neither of them like taking meds but at their age things tend to go wrong & its necessary...

So things are back to normal, and I'm back here!
SB

--------------------
"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king..."
user posted image

SGGardner Art

www.SouthernShireFarm.com
PMEmail PosterUsers Website               View My Space Profile.
DesertRose 
Posted: 18-May-2005, 04:37 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: The desert of Arizona

female

Hi SB! I am so thankful to hear your mother is okay now. Sheesh! It could have been so much more worse, but God was there taking care of her. I know you have a full plate going on right now and I bet your mom had you scared to death. Glad all is well now and that she will TAKE THOSE MEDS! And all this time I thought you were busy preparing for your son's wedding! Take care, all of you and thanks for letting us know!

--------------------
Fine art & photography by DESERT ROSE IMAGES
http://www.desertrose-images.com
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMy Photo Album               
Rindy 
Posted: 18-May-2005, 09:49 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

female

Oh Siobhan Blues,

that must of been real scary! I am so glad she is ok now.. Guess as we age we become the adults huh? Kind of hard I know with my father I forget so much I am not a heck of a lot of help but I try. I am just thankful he is still in my life.
Keep us posted.

Slainte smile.gif

PMEmail Poster               
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 19-May-2005, 10:23 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacOak

Realm: Pursuing happiness at 'The Shire' in western Georgia where hummingbirds buzz & horses graze

female

Thanks for your concern, friends!!

Rindy, you're right - I've been getting the feeling for a couple of years now that a shift in the family is taking place where my husband and I are becoming the 'adults', the caretakers that our parents once were. His dad died about 1 1/2 yrs. ago and his mother has aged sooo much during the year he was ill and since then... now my parents are showing their age health-wise, and dad is even telling us about his financial affairs so if something unexpected were to happen we would know where important information was.

Yep, we're the adults now.

But I still feel like I'm 25 inside!!! rolleyes.gif

SB
susieq76 
Posted: 19-May-2005, 03:56 PM
Quote Post

Queen of the Stars
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacVine

Realm: Middle o' North Carolina

female

I am so glad to here that everything is going better, Siobhan! How are the plans for your son's wedding coming along?

I can't imagine how hard it must be to have to begin taking care of your parents. I will be praying for you.

--------------------
"Alas for those who never sing and die with all their music left in them" - Oliver Wendell Holmes
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 20-May-2005, 07:52 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacOak

female

Oh man, we have one week left until our son gets married! I can hardly believe it. My little boy, 22 now and in love with a wonderful girl... where has the time gone??
I think everything is in place for the wedding, all the arrangements made and just some final details for the bride-to-be to take care of. Some of her out-of-town guests may be staying with us, that will be nice. Her parents will only be here overnight as they can't leave their business any longer than that - heck, two days isn't long enough to give them a true taste of Southern Hospitality.

Doggone!

wink.gif Siobhan Blues
a true Southern Belle (but she shore don't look like Scarlett O'Hara!)
Rindy 
Posted: 20-May-2005, 08:39 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

female

QUOTE (Siobhan Blues @ 19-May-2005, 09:23 AM)
Thanks for your concern, friends!!

Rindy, you're right - I've been getting the feeling for a couple of years now that a shift in the family is taking place where my husband and I are becoming the 'adults', the caretakers that our parents once were. His dad died about 1 1/2 yrs. ago and his mother has aged sooo much during the year he was ill and since then... now my parents are showing their age health-wise, and dad is even telling us about his financial affairs so if something unexpected were to happen we would know where important information was.

Yep, we're the adults now.

But I still feel like I'm 25 inside!!! rolleyes.gif

SB

SB-I wanna know why the heck I don't look 25 anymore either!! Who is that in the mirror??

Hang in there on the wedding it would be nice if you could get some pictures.. I know this is stress time so later down the road..

Have a wonderful evening.. smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 23-May-2005, 04:22 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacOak

female

Hey, that face in the mirror scares me sometimes!! Who IS that stranger, I think?? laugh.gif laugh.gif

Oh, funny story - a couple of months ago I had just gotten out of bed and made the mistake of looking in the mirror. There was this little crease, an up & down line thru my right eyebrow. I thought oh, the pillow case must have had a wrinkle in it and its creased my face.
But a couple of days later, another morning glance in the mirror showed a matching line in my other eyebrow! I thought, what in the world - but then as I smiled, I realized with a shock that those lines weren't from the pillowcases -

They were laugh lines!! When I laugh or smile big, I have creases all the way around the corner of my eyes up to the eyebrows!! Oh man!

But then I thought, what's the saying: wrinkles should show where smiles have been. And so its okay, if I'm going to have creases on my face I'm glad its from laughing and not frowning!

wink.gif SB
Rindy 
Posted: 23-May-2005, 09:00 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

female

thats funny SB- I will have to use that say "oh darn it must be that pillow case again!" LOL laugh.gif

Slainte Mhor smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
DesertRose 
Posted: 27-May-2005, 02:27 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

I get those pillow case lines on my face all the time. I thought it was just me! laugh.gif laugh.gif Their a menace sometimes to get rid of and always when you have to go out somewhere! rolleyes.gif
Rindy 
Posted: 27-May-2005, 10:22 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

female

laugh.gif always when you have to go somewhere huh? Hate them. I can't stand silk the pillows squirt out from underneath ya on to the floor.. Just can't win. I also heard if you sleep on your back you have less wrinkles all together as the skin is not hanging. Makes since but I don't sleep on my back or stomach I am a side sleeper.

I guess I am just in Joy because I am on this earth another day... smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 02-Jun-2005, 12:40 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacOak

female

Well its for real: I am an official Mother-in-Law! I like it too. My son got married last Saturday and it was precious: lovely bride and groom, and how sweet the words were that our pastor spoke to the couple as he performed the wedding ceremony.

Then the reception... it wasn't the traditional reception at ALL! The cake was red & white, and looked like something out of Alice in Wonderland... the table centerpieces were game boards & balloons, with jellybeans scattered about and little buckets of candy for the guests to take home.
When it came time for the Mother/Son dance, I was so nervous because I'm shy by nature and don't really know how to dance ... but my son insisted, so he took my hand and we headed to the dance floor. Guess what song started up?? "Hey You I Love Your Soul" by Skillet, our favorite techno/Christian/rock band! We started jumping up & down, up & down like we do at Skillet concerts - all Chris' friends came running up and joined us, so we had all this energetic dancing & moshing going on AT A WEDDING RECEPTION. The expressions on our guests faces were priceless! But soon some others who are shy got up and danced too, and we had such a wonderful evening of it.
(Chris and his friends took me to my first Skillet concert in 1999 and made me stand right down front, knowing I was going to really love that band. They were right. We still go to every Skillet concert we can and get right down front... For Chris to select that song was sooo special!!)

SB
WizardofOwls 
Posted: 02-Jun-2005, 08:30 PM
Quote Post

Wanderer and Vagabond

ZodiacVine

Realm: Wytheville, Virginia

male

Sounds wonderful, SB! Congratulations!

--------------------
Sln agus beannachd,
Allen R. Alderman

'S i Alba tr mo chridhe. 'S i Gidhlig cnan m' anama.
Scotland is the land of my heart. Gaelic is the language of my soul.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
DesertRose 
Posted: 03-Jun-2005, 11:39 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

It all does sound wonderful, SB. Bet it was a lot of fun the day off, but the days before and now after, is pretty exhausting, eh?

Allen, I have not heard from you in awhile. Are you doing ok? You have been on my mind a lot lately. unsure.gif
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics 2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt