Posted: 03-Mar-2004, 10:10 PM
Quote Post

Madman with a box
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacAlder

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

This happened to me once. A girl I took to a dance once was a classmate of mine in grade school. Her father wanted to talk to me while he was cleaning his guns. It didn't help that he was one of former Cook County Sheriff Jim O'Grady's top deputies either.

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Annabelle 
Posted: 03-Mar-2004, 10:14 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacElder

Realm: Outer Space

Getting Away, Boy your daughter should be commended for her attitude. What a wonderful person she must be.

Armo, stop and look at those cute little faces and buy a box it won't kill you. One day hopefully you'll have a cute little girl yourself who will want to sell her share of cookies to support her troope so do your part and buy a box and stuff them in your mouth and enjoy! You know you'll like em! And that little girl will look up at you with adoring eyes and think what a wonderful person you are to help her.
I agree with you on the tele-marketers thou.

I had one guy call today to get me to listen to a sells speach. After 4 minutes of rambling I asked him exactly what was he selling? I still didn't get a direct answer. I told him to keep paying for his electric bill and I'd keep using mine. (which was what he was selling) to bust up corporations by small company's selling electricity.
He said don't you want to bust up monopoly company's? I said Oh yea, really helped with Ma Bell didn't it? At which I hung up. I'm not sure the kid got I was being sarcastic at first. Anyway It's annoying that he can't even tell me what he's selling for the first 5 minutes of the phone call. That's annoying the rambeling chatter with no point. I don't usually give them 5 minutes more like 5 seconds.

Don't forget Armo, get those cookies! They stay fresh in the freezer for a year but I've never had a box last more than 3 hours...
Annabelle

--------------------
My heart will always be in the Highlands!

www.highlanderhouse.com
PMEmail Poster               
tsargent62 
Posted: 04-Mar-2004, 01:51 AM
Quote Post

Lord Socknoggle

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

Realm: Lake Orion, Michigan

male

Annabelle, that's what caller ID is for. wink.gif I never anything that says "Out of Area" or "Unknown". I just let it go to voice mail. They never leave a message.

--------------------

Cheers!
Todd

Normal is a relative term. For some reason it is not a term my relatives use to describe me.

PMEmail Poster               
Shamalama 
Posted: 04-Mar-2004, 09:19 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Conyers, GA

male

Q: What are the best-selling Girl Scout cookies®?
A: Our biggest sellers are:

Thin Mints - 25%
Samoas®/Caramel deLites? - 19%
Peanut Butter Patties®/Tagalongs® - 13% 
Peanut Butter Sandwich/Do-si-dos? - 11% 
Shortbread/Trefoils - 9%

The other varieties combined account for the remaining 23%.

Makes 108 cookies.  Reduce the recipe by baking only 1/3 of the cookie dough for the wafers and then reducing the coating ingredients by 1/3, to give you a total of 36 cookies.

Chocolate Cookie Wafers
1 18.25-ounce package Betty Crocker chocolate fudge cake mix
3 tablespoons shortening, melted
1/2 cup cake flour, measured then sifted
1 egg
3 tablespoons water
Non-stick cooking spray

Coating
3 12-ounce bags semi-sweet chocolate chips
3/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
6 tablespoons shortening 

1. Combine the cookie ingredients in a large bowl, adding the water a little bit at a time until the dough forms.  Cover and chill for 2 hours.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
3.  On a lightly floured surface, roll out a portion of the dough to just under 1/16 of an inch thick.  To cut, use a lid from a spice container with a 1 1/2-inch diameter (Schilling brand is good.)  Arrange the cut dough rounds on a cookie sheet that is sprayed with a light coating on non-stick spray.  Bake for 10 minutes.  Remove the wafers from the oven and cool completely.
4.  Combine chocolate chips with peppermint extract and shortening in a large microwave-safe glass or ceramic bowl.  Heat on 50 percent power for 2 minutes, stir gently, then heat for an addition minute.  Stir once again, and if chocolate is not a smooth consistency, continue to zap in microwave in 30-second intervals until smooth.
5.  Use a fork to dip each wafer in the chocolate, tap the fork on the edge of the bowl so that the excess chocolate runs off, and then place the cookies side-by-side on a wax paper - lined baking sheet.  Refrigerate until firm.

--------------------

Clan Mac Cullaich:
- Brewed in Scotland
- Bottled in Ulster
- Uncorked in America

Common Folk Using Common Sense
PMEmail PosterUsers Website               
Dreamer1 
Posted: 04-Mar-2004, 10:41 PM
Quote Post

Mistress of the Hearth Fires, Dreamer of the Woods
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacRowan

Realm: New England

female

QUOTE (tsargent62 @ Mar 3 2004, 12:06 PM)
QUOTE (Dreamer1 @ Mar 3 2004, 11:03 AM)
Oh My Gosh!! I thought you guys were supposed to stick together, but you all seem to draw that line when it comes to daughters.  laugh.gif  (Thank goodness.)

Dreamer1

There's a special relationship between fathers and daughters. Where my little girl is concerned, I can't be too careful or too protective. I can teach my boys to be careful and, if they make a mistake, do the right thing. I can try to teach my daughter that, but when her boyfriends are concerned, I can only hope his parents did the same. If she gets in trouble it affects her for the rest of her life, especially if her boyfriend bails.

And your assessment about us not drawing together about our daughters is not quite correct. I have to believe that any father who really loves his daughter understands and supports other fathers who feel the same.

tsargent,

I didn't mean that the way it sounded! I'm very glad you all are so protective of your daughters (my husband included!), and that you make a point of getting that message across to the boys who come "courting", it just amazes me to see the lengths that some fathers go to in making that point!

I'm sorry I wasn't clearer before. Us Moms all rely on you Dads for just such protectiveness!

Dreamer1

--------------------
Look with the eyes of a child.

'Hope guides me. It is what gets me through the day, and especially the night.' -- A Knight's Tale
"I talk to you as I talk to my own soul...and, Sassenach,” he whispered, “your face is my heart.” -- Jamie Fraser, "Dragonfly In Amber" by Diana Gabaldon
user posted image
@Dremnghrt on Twitter, Dreamnghrt on tumblr - come say Hi!
PMEmail Poster               View my Twitter Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
tsargent62 
Posted: 04-Mar-2004, 10:49 PM
Quote Post

Lord Socknoggle

ZodiacBirch

male

I just read the post again and I see I misunderstood. You didn't mean we drew apart, just that we draw the line for our daughters' courters to cross. Or anyone else for that matter. Oh, yeah. Nobody messes with my baby!
PMEmail Poster               
DesertRose 
Posted: 05-Mar-2004, 02:58 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: The desert of Arizona

female

Personally, I love to see fathers be protective of their daughters! Young people are subjected to so much today and so much pressure. Some one has to be in charge!

--------------------
Fine art & photography by DESERT ROSE IMAGES
http://www.desertrose-images.com
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMy Photo Album               
RobertH 
Posted: 11-Mar-2004, 11:20 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacVine

Realm: Washington

male

Honestly, it's tough to draw the line sometimes. I make wisecracks about what I might do should a suitor ever "cross the line", but I know I have to let her grow up someday. Someday I will. But not now!
PMEmail Poster               
peckery 
Posted: 11-Mar-2004, 11:53 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

male

I no longer keep peeves as pets. They are to hard to keep clean and will eat you out of house and home. king.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Richard Bercot 
Posted: 11-Mar-2004, 11:58 PM
Quote Post

House of Hardy
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacAsh

male

QUOTE (peckery @ Mar 11 2004, 11:53 PM)
I no longer keep peeves as pets. They are to hard to keep clean and will eat you out of house and home. king.gif

Very Wise Words Peckery, now if we could all live like that we would be much better off. wink.gif

Did I actually say what I just thought I said? unsure.gif

--------------------
May your days be filled with Merriment and May you walk in Balance with Creator.

"For every day you fish, you live another day"
PMEmail Poster                
RobertH 
Posted: 12-Mar-2004, 12:22 AM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacVine

Realm: Washington

male

How about neets? I used to keep them, but getting their foot oil was too much trouble.
PMEmail Poster               
tsargent62 
Posted: 12-Mar-2004, 09:21 AM
Quote Post

Lord Socknoggle

ZodiacBirch

male

QUOTE (RobertH @ Mar 12 2004, 12:22 AM)
How about neets? I used to keep them, but getting their foot oil was too much trouble.

What the *&%# is a neet anyway? And how do we get the oil from their feet? Why not otter foot oil, or oscelot foot oil or, I don't know, Peckery foot oil?
PMEmail Poster               
maisky 
Posted: 12-Mar-2004, 11:19 AM
Quote Post

King of CelticRadio.net Jesters
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacVine

Realm: Easton, PA

male

QUOTE (tsargent62 @ Mar 12 2004, 09:21 AM)
What the *&%# is a neet anyway?  And how do we get the oil from their feet?  Why not otter foot oil, or oscelot foot oil or, I don't know, Peckery foot oil?

Otters are too hard to catch, peckery is a sock puppet (no feet) and an oscelot would tear the CRAP out of you if you tried! laugh.gif

--------------------
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."
Carl Sagan
PMEmail PosterUsers Website               
tsargent62 
Posted: 12-Mar-2004, 11:27 AM
Quote Post

Lord Socknoggle

ZodiacBirch

male

How about Democrat foot oil? Yeah! Those greasy buggers should be a good source! Easy to catch, too. Just get them to stand in front of a bunch of union members with their back turned to camera and POW! biggrin.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Annabelle 
Posted: 12-Mar-2004, 11:47 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacElder

Realm: Outer Space

This is the national enquier here: What is a Neet?

PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
©2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics ©2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt