Posted: 29-Feb-2004, 04:51 PM
Quote Post

King of CelticRadio.net Jesters
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Easton, PA

male

QUOTE (shamalama @ Feb 27 2004, 11:25 AM)
Ach! Did he say, "There be trolls in this forum"?

user posted image

Good troll, sir. laugh.gif

--------------------
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."
Carl Sagan
PMEmail Poster               
Shamalama 
Posted: 01-Mar-2004, 02:53 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

Realm: Conyers, GA

male

Good troll, sir.

It's a self-portrait

biggrin.gif

--------------------

Clan Mac Cullaich:
- Brewed in Scotland
- Bottled in Ulster
- Uncorked in America

Common Folk Using Common Sense
PMEmail Poster               
Roisin-Teagan 
Posted: 01-Mar-2004, 06:30 AM
Quote Post

a ragamuffin of Eireann
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacElder

Realm: South Louisiana

female

QUOTE (maisky @ Feb 29 2004, 04:50 PM)
l
QUOTE (Roisin-Teagan @ Feb 28 2004, 08:48 AM)
Ignoring me out of fear because you've met your match?? Nothing intellegent to say have you?? Poor boy can't hang with a real woman...too bad...maybe another day when your not blowing so much hot air? This doesn't mean you aren't a nice person. biggrin.gif  

Seems like some of you are real good at debating, but not really good at telling the truth. Why is it so hard to admit sometimes war is necessary and moral?   unsure.gif  sad.gif

Ma'am, you overestimate yourself. I ignore the rain, too. Also the annoying laugh of a co-worker. I was taught that it is polite to ignore someones words when they are being foolish. I only fight with those who exercise logic. It is no fun to fight with the illogical. biggrin.gif And I ALWAYS tell the truth. Do you? unsure.gif
I respect your desire to enter the fray. It is the RIGHT of any Irish person to join the fight. I was not making a personal attack on YOU. If you perceived it that way, I appologize. I do not appologize on my statements about illegal wars and political lies. thumbs_up.gif

As for war, it is sometimes necessary and rarely moral. It just happens that the "conflict" in Iraq is illegal. Moral does not enter into it.... Deposing Sadam is a laudible goal. Unfortunately it was NOT the goal of the invasion. The invasion was to find WMDs, NOT to depose Sadam.

My, my I was just joking with you, as you've done so many times with me in the past. I must have hit a sore spot.

My temper was not flared nor was I upset. I was just stating the obvious. I wasn't talking about whether war in Iraq was moral or not. My earlier post was soley on the fact that most of you guys were comparing Bush to Hitler and how absurd this is. In addition, I pointed out the hypocrisy of pointing fingers at Bush alone and not seeing the crimes of Russia, Germany, and France.
I did pose the last question about WWII, which was very reasonible to ask. Apparently, not everyone thought my observations were foolish based on some of the posts placed right after my original post. Apparently their point of views are foolish as well---I guess anyone who doesn't agree with you is considered foolish!

It was my understanding that this was a forum where people got together and discussed different ideas---not just preach to the choir.

If you were taught to be polite and just ignore someone with they are supposedly being foolish why did you tell me "we are ignoring you"---You should have just said nothing, if your intention was politness?

By the way...This does not negate the fact that you are a nice person. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Roisin-Teagan

"There, in that hand, on that shoulder under that chin---all of its lightness delicately balanced and its strings skillfully bowed---it becomes a voice."---Rich Mullins

"At 18, if you have oversized aspirations, the whole world sees you as a dreamer. At 40, you get the reputation for being a visionary." ---Rich Mullins

"God gives the gifts where He finds the vessel empty enough to receive them."---C.S. Lewis

Éire go Brách!
PMEmail Poster               
maisky 
Posted: 01-Mar-2004, 07:11 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

male

I wasn't offended, my friend, but it is MY job to be foolish!! tongue.gif

Your points about WWII were correct, just not relavant to the situation in Iraq, which now has so many of our resources tied up with protecting Halliburton's interests that we don't have the resources to deal with a more urgent need in Haiti, which is our back yard.

As far as Russia, Germany and France go, they are not our problem. The behavior of our own government IS our problem.

Please stick around. I enjoy having you here in the gnosh pit. thumbs_up.gif
PMEmail Poster               
tsargent62 
Posted: 01-Mar-2004, 12:08 PM
Quote Post

Lord Socknoggle

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Lake Orion, Michigan

male

QUOTE (maisky @ Mar 1 2004, 08:11 AM)
we don't have the resources to deal with a more urgent need in Haiti, which is our back yard.

As far as Russia, Germany and France go, they are not our problem.

How come Haiti is our problem? What reason could we possibly have for getting mixed up in a civil war? Especially when the rebels want the same thing that our own Secretary of State has announced that we want, i.e., Aristide out of the office and fair, democratic elections.

Civil wars in our hemisphere would only prove problematic for the US if it involved Canada or Mexico. That would directly affect our national security. Haiti is a minor country whose only impact on the US is an increase of the number of refugees we get and a decrease in the number of Carribean vacation spots.

--------------------

Cheers!
Todd

Normal is a relative term. For some reason it is not a term my relatives use to describe me.

PMEmail Poster               
Irish Stepper 
Posted: 01-Mar-2004, 12:40 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacOak

Realm: Maryland

female

QUOTE (tsargent62 @ Mar 1 2004, 01:08 PM)
QUOTE (maisky @ Mar 1 2004, 08:11 AM)
we don't have the resources to deal with a more urgent need in Haiti, which is our back yard.

As far as Russia, Germany and France go, they are not our problem.

How come Haiti is our problem? What reason could we possibly have for getting mixed up in a civil war? Especially when the rebels want the same thing that our own Secretary of State has announced that we want, i.e., Aristide out of the office and fair, democratic elections.

Civil wars in our hemisphere would only prove problematic for the US if it involved Canada or Mexico. That would directly affect our national security. Haiti is a minor country whose only impact on the US is an increase of the number of refugees we get and a decrease in the number of Carribean vacation spots.

Gotta have those vacation spots!!! tongue.gif wink.gif

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
maisky 
Posted: 01-Mar-2004, 01:55 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

male

Good one, Ms. Stepper!!!
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]