Posted: 18-Feb-2004, 01:19 PM
Quote Post

King of CelticRadio.net Jesters
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacVine

Realm: Easton, PA

male

QUOTE (shamalama @ Feb 18 2004, 08:25 AM)

I think I'll choose another wee dram!

beer_mug.gif

Excellent choice, my friend. Bring out the Tullamore Dew!! beer_mug.gif

--------------------
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."
Carl Sagan
PMEmail PosterUsers Website               
Roisin-Teagan 
Posted: 24-Feb-2004, 08:41 AM
Quote Post

a ragamuffin of Eireann
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacElder

Realm: South Louisiana

female

(Almost) Everyone is pointing their fingers at Bush and the U.S. but what about Russia, Germany, and France who were aiding and profiting from Saddam and his Iraqi regime????

These countries knew who Saddam was (is) and what he was doing to his own people, but Big Oil Deals were the only thing on their minds. Publicly at the U.N. they denounced Saddam, but behind close doors they were cutting deals and sending weapons. Greed out weighed humanity!! But none of you intellegent people seem to care about this. There seems to be a double standard here.

As for the U.N...they have castrated themselves or maybe they never had Balls to begin with. Look at the Sudan...where muslims are and have been massacreing thousands upon thousands of Christians (yes that's right Christians) for oil. The U.N. has done nothing but talk about the situation. Talk is cheap when your breasts are cut off by the Sudan government and your can't feed your baby. Talk is cheap when your legs have been amputated and you can't work and support your family. Summit meetings are useless when your whole family has been murdered and you are an orphan.

Look at Ruwanda (spelling?) millions murdered...what did the U.N. do? Nothing!

I actually know some Muslims and have studied Islam. Yes there are peaceful Muslims, but there are many radicals who are educated, but have one thing on their minds---World domination!
Reminds me of Hitler, who had a little more on his mind than just expansion. Expansion was his excuse, but his real agenda was to control and rule Europe and eraticate the Jews and people who didn't fit the mold of the Arian Race, and eventually dominate the world. To compare Bush to Hitler is insane!!! Let's say for arguement sake Bush is guilty of killing innocent Iraqis and U.S. military soldiers---can you honestly say 8 million dead Jews that Hitler murdered can be compared to what Bush has done? Your comparing oranges to apples---Your comparing Gawtanamo Bay and removing Evil Saddam from power to Gas Chambers and Smoke Stacks!

As for educating the radical extremist Muslims...What education? Western Education? They reject all of the West! That's right all of the West...even the peaceful, anti-war Western people. And who is going to educate them... the U.N.???

As for WWII...Let me ask this of my fellow Americans...During WWII, if American Ships would not have been bombed by Germany in the Atlantic and Japan had not bomb Pearl Harbor---do you think The United States should have stayed neutral and done nothing? Do you think we should have stayed out of the war and let Hitler and Japan continue their invasions and atrocities? Based on some of the reasoning that has been posted about peace earlier we could have said, "Let the people of those countries rise up and overthrow Hitler and Japan."

--------------------
Roisin-Teagan

"There, in that hand, on that shoulder under that chin---all of its lightness delicately balanced and its strings skillfully bowed---it becomes a voice."---Rich Mullins

"At 18, if you have oversized aspirations, the whole world sees you as a dreamer. At 40, you get the reputation for being a visionary." ---Rich Mullins

"God gives the gifts where He finds the vessel empty enough to receive them."---C.S. Lewis

Éire go Brách!
PMEmail Poster               
Randy 
Posted: 24-Feb-2004, 09:03 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacReed

Realm: Rochester, NY

male

Great post Roisin-Teagan! I could have never said it better in a million years.
PMEmail Poster               
maisky 
Posted: 24-Feb-2004, 09:36 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacVine

male

What you say is true, but the problem is, the rational for invading Iraq had nothing to do with this. It was lies about WMD's. Pure and simple. However laudable removing Sadam was, our government is STILL guilty of war crimes under the Geneva Convention rules.....
Shamalama 
Posted: 25-Feb-2004, 11:05 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

Realm: Conyers, GA

male

I still don't believe the "lies" conplaint.

I DO believe that early intelligence was incomplete, from the US as well as Britain. EVERYONE has been saying that Saddam had/has WMD's. Bush 1 said it, Clinton said it, Bush 2 said it, the UN said it. Five years ago EVERYONE was saying that Saddam had WMD's. Are they guilty of lying? If so then where is the complaint against them?

If Clinton had had his cajones away from interns and actually protecting his country, would there be a cry of "you liar" against him? No.

And now that Bush 2 actually did something about it, and that the WMD's are now sitting in Syria, everyone wants to say "Bush lied".

This argument has nothing to do with fact or opinion, but purely another anti-Bush raving from the left.

--------------------

Clan Mac Cullaich:
- Brewed in Scotland
- Bottled in Ulster
- Uncorked in America

Common Folk Using Common Sense
tsargent62 
Posted: 25-Feb-2004, 01:09 PM
Quote Post

Lord Socknoggle

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Lake Orion, Michigan

male

Ok, I've read it all and are caught up. I'm appalled that anyone would compare GWB with Hitler. Hitler was the greatest evil the world has seen, with Joseph Stalin following in close second (he killed almost as many Jews as Hitler). Like him or not, Bush is not evil.

The argument about all the American goods being sold in the Arab world, is not economically sound. The goods are selling because there is demand for them. If ppl didn't want them, they wouldn't buy them. Besides, is America the only Western country selling their wares there?

But for the Future not only today's views count and not only the views of one man. And for the reputation of the US in the world the current american administration did more bad than good.

More bad than good? We send billions of dollars overseas to aid other countries. We send economic aid to Russia as well as a number Eastern European, South American and African countries. We send food to famine starved African countries. We send teachers to help setup schools. Germany and Japan certainly benefitted from American generosity after WWII. If there is a natural disaster such as the earthquakes that rocked Turkey a couple years ago, American rescue workers were there. Not just Red Cross, but from fire departments and other government funded rescue organizations. Where there is a humanitarian need, Americans are always there willingly.

It is these kinds of things that are easy to overlook when you don't like the policies of the Bush administration. I guess they don't count. Sad.

Like Richard said, I can not say with certainty that the WMD were or were not there. They were in the past and they were used. And they had to go somewhere. Saddam had 13 years to hide the stuff.

--------------------

Cheers!
Todd

Normal is a relative term. For some reason it is not a term my relatives use to describe me.

PMEmail Poster               
maisky 
Posted: 25-Feb-2004, 01:31 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacVine

male

Tsargent, you spoil the fun when you use balance logic here. sad.gif laugh.gif

Bush not evil? I guess being a war criminal doesn't necessarily make him evil...it could just be ill advised or just stupid.

tsargent62 
Posted: 25-Feb-2004, 01:49 PM
Quote Post

Lord Socknoggle

ZodiacBirch

male

If Bush is a war criminal, does that mean Tony Blair and the PMs of Poland, Italy, Australia and the many other countries that participated in the liberation of Iraq are as well?

Mention was made that the Geneva Convention was violated. How? The prisoners in Guantanimo Bay are considered POWs. They are given food, shelter and everything else they need. The war on terrorism is still being waged, ergo they remain POWs. Ask the families of those killed in New York, Washington and Pennsylvania what they would like to see happen to these ppl and you'll see they're being treated with the fairness they deserve.
PMEmail Poster               
maisky 
Posted: 25-Feb-2004, 02:05 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacVine

male

QUOTE (tsargent62 @ Feb 25 2004, 01:49 PM)
If Bush is a war criminal, does that mean Tony Blair and the PMs of Poland, Italy, Australia and the many other countries that participated in the liberation of Iraq are as well?

Mention was made that the Geneva Convention was violated. How? The prisoners in Guantanimo Bay are considered POWs. They are given food, shelter and everything else they need. The war on terrorism is still being waged, ergo they remain POWs. Ask the families of those killed in New York, Washington and Pennsylvania what they would like to see happen to these ppl and you'll see they're being treated with the fairness they deserve.

First part, yes. The Geneva convention carefully spells out the grounds for invading another country. They were not met in the case of Iraq.

The US administration has carefully insisted that the Guantanamo prisoners are NOT prisoners of war. They could not have been kept as they are if they WERE pows. The Supreme court will become involved with the US citizens that are being held in violation of our own constitution.

Part of the grievance that I, and many others have with the current US administration is its callous disregard for both international and US laws.
Randy 
Posted: 25-Feb-2004, 03:12 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacReed

Realm: Rochester, NY

male

I just heard on the news yesterday that the surpreme court is assigning councel for the prisoners
PMEmail Poster               
MDF3530 
  Posted: 25-Feb-2004, 06:26 PM
Quote Post

Madman with a box
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacAlder

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

Clinton was doing his job.

After the 1993 World Trade Center bombing, Clinton got Congress to quadruple the counterterrorism budgets of the CIA, FBI and National Security Agency. Using that money, law enforcement officials were able to clean out terrorist cells all around the world. The reason why you didn't hear about it was because the GOP and the far right "media" like Fox News Channel, American Spectator, the Wall Street Journal, New York Post, and the Washington Times kept pounding Travelgate/Whitewater/Monica Lewinsky until it crossed over into real news.

And what was the first thing Bush did when he became President? Cut those budgets down even further than they were when his father was President.

This post has been edited by MDF3530 on 25-Feb-2004, 06:38 PM

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
maisky 
Posted: 26-Feb-2004, 09:09 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacVine

male

Which brings us up to the point where we can speculate about how much of 9/11 was the result of the Bush group simply dropping the ball. unsure.gif
tsargent62 
Posted: 26-Feb-2004, 10:35 AM
Quote Post

Lord Socknoggle

ZodiacBirch

male

QUOTE (MDF3530 @ Feb 25 2004, 06:26 PM)
Using that money, law enforcement officials were able to clean out terrorist cells all around the world.

Clean out terrorist cells? Excuse me, but tell that the the orphans in Israel, Australia, Russia and other countries that have been the targets of terrorists. Anti-terrorism task forces did nothing to eliminate terrorism. You might find his methods distasteful, but GWB has done more to eradicate terrorism than any president in history.
PMEmail Poster               
maisky 
Posted: 26-Feb-2004, 11:47 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacVine

male

QUOTE (tsargent62 @ Feb 26 2004, 10:35 AM)
Clean out terrorist cells? Excuse me, but tell that the the orphans in Israel, Australia, Russia and other countries that have been the targets of terrorists. Anti-terrorism task forces did nothing to eliminate terrorism. You might find his methods distasteful, but GWB has done more to eradicate terrorism than any president in history.

lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif
tsargent62 
Posted: 26-Feb-2004, 11:52 AM
Quote Post

Lord Socknoggle

ZodiacBirch

male

Laugh all you want, funny boy, but the biggest terrorist training camps in the world are gone and their leaders are either on the run or have been captured. Can Clinton say he struck fear in the hearts of terrorists? Nope.
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
©2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics ©2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt