Angel Whitefang (Rider) 
Posted: 27-Jun-2004, 01:17 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Portland, Oregon

female

Scott Cunningham was one of the best authors I have had the pleasure of reading, he was very clear on how to do things. I treasure the books that I have by him.

angel.gif
PMEmail Poster                
Dreamer1 
Posted: 29-Jun-2004, 09:42 PM
Quote Post

Mistress of the Hearth Fires, Dreamer of the Woods
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacRowan

Realm: New England

female

Has anyone read "When God Was a Woman" by Merlin Stone? I've just finished it (borrowed from our Library), and it's really got me thinking and wondering how accurate her information is? Some of it is quite disturbing, because it's so plausible, and yet it also speaks to some of the biggest problems that I've been struggling with.

Is anyone familiar with this book? What do you think of it?

Dreamer1

--------------------
Look with the eyes of a child.

'Hope guides me. It is what gets me through the day, and especially the night.' -- A Knight's Tale
"I talk to you as I talk to my own soul...and, Sassenach,” he whispered, “your face is my heart.” -- Jamie Fraser, "Dragonfly In Amber" by Diana Gabaldon
user posted image
@Dremnghrt on Twitter, Dreamnghrt on tumblr - come say Hi!
PMEmail Poster               View my Twitter Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
Angel Whitefang (Rider) 
Posted: 22-Jul-2004, 12:07 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacRowan

female

sorry hun, I'm not familiar with it, though it sounds familiar. What did you like best about it so far???? has it helped you in any way, if yes then how??? I always love to talk about these things biggrin.gif if I get too nosey just let me know;)

I have started a new book titled "Oneness" authors name for lack of a better way to say this is "Rasha" this is a great read for personal understanding but don't rush through it. take your time and completely understand what you are reading.

Another one that I have recently finished is "New Age Self Hypnosis" This was a very intriguing read for me. it made clear so many things. If you get the chance I suggest you all get these 2 books. they are a must have for your spiritual library!

See ya soon!

angel.gif
PMEmail Poster                
Angel Whitefang (Rider) 
Posted: 04-Aug-2004, 10:34 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacRowan

female

Latest Read:
Title: Dream Magic
Author: Sirona Knight

Personally I find that this book requires too much parafinalia and is based on a schedule that doesn't always fit with life. I was always taught that you made due with what you had, No spell should ever REQUIRE anything that you have to get especially for just that.

see ya around.
angel.gif
PMEmail Poster                
DesertRose 
Posted: 08-Aug-2004, 11:03 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: The desert of Arizona

female

QUOTE (Dreamer1 @ 29-Jun-2004, 09:42 PM)
Has anyone read "When God Was a Woman" by Merlin Stone? I've just finished it (borrowed from our Library), and it's really got me thinking and wondering how accurate her information is? Some of it is quite disturbing, because it's so plausible, and yet it also speaks to some of the biggest problems that I've been struggling with.

Is anyone familiar with this book? What do you think of it?

Dreamer1

Sorry! Dreamer! I am not familiar with the book either. I try to read different things about different religions and just to try to keep up on what all believes, but I am not familiar with that book.

Angel! a little while ago you asked about Scientology. Well in the past I had read a lot about it and then found it to be very weird. However, that was a long time ago and I can't remember why I felt that way and I probably shouldn't be responding to this post. unsure.gif

--------------------
Fine art & photography by DESERT ROSE IMAGES
http://www.desertrose-images.com
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMy Photo Album               
Angel Whitefang (Rider) 
Posted: 19-Aug-2004, 01:46 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacRowan

female

LOL ! Rose, I'm so glad you have joined us in here. I found the Scientology weird too but, may be that is because we don't understand it completely. YES, you should be talking in here, all view are welcome and you of all people should know that hug.gif you never know we might just find some one who does understand it and believe it, wouldn't that be great biggrin.gif to be able to ask questions about this that and this other? What books do they reccomend and so on! I think it is GREAT to keep your self diverse, I think that is why I don't stick to just one religion. they all have truth to them you just have to figure out what that truth is!

Blessed Be!

angel.gif
PMEmail Poster                
DesertRose 
Posted: 19-Aug-2004, 04:36 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

Thanks Angel! I really love studying all different faiths and religions. We learn a lot from each other, do we not? Although I am a Christian and hold to those beliefs, I still like learning and reading about others beliefs! Hope to learn more from you all here as I read this thread all the time!

Many blessings on you all! smile.gif
Angel Whitefang (Rider) 
Posted: 22-Aug-2004, 03:01 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacRowan

female

I hope we can all learn a lot from each other. My religious background was Christian (Mormon) Then I was "Born Again" Now I am simply on the search for truth. Mother always claimed that I was a witch, from the day I was born. so it seemed only natural for me to go along the path I am. But I am not just a Pagan, Being 1/4 Cherokee. !/2 Italian and a mix of other things has lead me on a search for "What fits me". I guess that is why I am on the journey I am on, besides the fact that I find Ancient religons absolutely fascinating!!! Yes I am even in to egyptology. I am simply a seeker of knowledge and Books are a fantastic way to gain that knowledge. I have found though that you have to be careful what you read. most everything is That Authors opinion, which makes it difficult but still fun.
See ya'll Later!
PMEmail Poster                
DesertRose 
Posted: 22-Aug-2004, 10:34 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

Oh yes! I would totally agree that you have to be careful what you read by which author. I have even found that in the Christianity books. Everyone has their own perspective of what the Bible says. That is why it is good to read the Bible for yourself.

LOL! I was into Egyptology a very long time ago! Wow! I don't remember anything about it now, but when I was a teenager I was really into it. Even went to the King Tut exhibition they had in Los Angeles museum and read many books on it. The exhibit was just fascinating to me!

Ancient religions are very fascinating. I enjoy reading about the Celts; have read a wee bit about the Druids too. I don't profess to be well learned about any of them.......read a wee bit here and there now and then now. The Bible is what I have read the most of and several times. smile.gif
Shadows 
Posted: 24-Aug-2004, 09:53 PM
Quote Post

Reader of souls, vision seeker, TROLL
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: The frontier of Penn's Woods

male

A must read for all, those of us with eclectic beliefs, those of us searching for answers, those of us that are restless:

The Celistine Proficies trilogy ( the Celestine Proficies, The 10th Insite, and I don't have the title of the third one sa it is still in the library LOL!.

I read these back when they 1st came out and am now re-reading them years latter... opens ones eyes!

Redfield is the author.

--------------------
I support the separation of church and hate!

IMAGINATION - the freest and largest nation in the world!

One can not profess to be of "GOD" and show intolerence and prejudice towards the beliefs of others.

Am fear nach gleidh na h–airm san t–sith, cha bhi iad aige ’n am a’ chogaidh.
He that keeps not his arms in time of peace will have none in time of war.

"We're all in this together , in the parking lot between faith and fear" ... O.C.M.S.

“Beasts feed; man eats; only the man of intellect knows how to eat well.”

"Without food we are nothing, without history we are lost." - SHADOWS

Is iomadh duine laghach a mhill an Creideamh.
Religion has spoiled many a good man.

The clan MacEwen
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               
DesertRose 
Posted: 25-Aug-2004, 02:10 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

Hmmm, I have not heard of those Shadows. Thanks for the suggestion! smile.gif
Shadows 
Posted: 25-Aug-2004, 06:36 PM
Quote Post

Reader of souls, vision seeker, TROLL
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: The frontier of Penn's Woods

male

They were first released as fiction, now when ordered for the library they are non-fiction... go figure! You see my wife is the executive librarian in our town and I get all the good info first LOL!
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               
Dreamer1 
Posted: 26-Aug-2004, 09:44 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

female

QUOTE (Angel Whitefang (Rider) @ 22-Jul-2004, 01:07 AM)
sorry hun, I'm not familiar with it, though it sounds familiar. What did you like best about it so far???? has it helped you in any way, if yes then how???  I always love to talk about these things biggrin.gif if I get too nosey just let me know;)

See ya soon!

angel.gif

Angel,

I'm sorry that it's taken me so long to answer you about this book. I've been trying to find a way to put my feelings into words, but have been so confused/shocked/angry/intrigued/????? that I couldn't properly respond until I'd had time to let things filter through a while.

I think it helped me most because there are so many references to older Goddess religions, the social structures of their times, and the significance of each religion to the people involved. Merlin Stone puts all this into historical perspective, and tells us where (geographically) each group of people started from and then migrated to, and how they may have meshed with, and affected, the societies they came into contact with. That was fascinating to me, and much of it was new to me.

What has me so confused/shocked/?? is the accounts of the beginnings of the Jewish/ Israelite Tribes, and the way in which their understanding of God caused them to re-structure so much of the Goddess religious belief systems into thier own Patriarchal system. Does that make sense? An example is the story of Adam and Eve-both the way in which Eve was created, and the story of their downfall from God's favor. Merlin Stone contends (and gives credible proof) that the Lewites (Levites), who were the ruling class of the Israelites then, simply borrowed parts of far older stories from other Goddess Religions and then remolded them into the story that we have in Genesis today to fit what they wanted their flocks to believe, and to give them a strong way to control the women of their society and keep them from falling back into the ways of the older Goddess/Matriarchal societies that many had come from. Reading this, I began to think it was just another example of bashing a Patriarchal system, but I was also reading two other books at the same time by different authors, and came across many of the same references and historically proven information that Stone had given. The other books had been written by well-respected archeologists, though now I can't remember the authors' names off the top of my head. It deeply distressed me to read how this group of rulers/priests rewrote so much religious belief to conform to what they wanted their people to believe, because it conflicts with what I've always been taught as a Christian. I know, I know...it sounds extremely naive of me, and probably is, and I should know by now that human nature has always included those who would mercilessly/arrogantly/coldly do whatever it took to control the rest of society. That just isn't what we've been taught to believe about the men who wrote the Bible, and it really upset me to have that presented in such a cold light.

I had just finished reading that book when I posted my query asking if anyone else had read it...I guess I was really looking for consolation/disbelief/dismissal of all that had been alleged by Stone. To be honest, all of that is still filtering through and sorting itself out even now.

Phew!! Sorry for the long post. I guess this book hit quite a few nerves, and still continues it's rampage.

Take care, and thanks for being so patient with me.
Dreamer1
Dreamer1 
Posted: 28-Aug-2004, 10:31 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

female

Angel,

I've just reread this thread, looking for book suggestions again, and came across one of your earlier posts about renovating your home. You mentioned a fireplace with dragonheads! How did everything turn out? Will you still post a picture of the fireplace for us all? It sounds fantastic, and I'd love to see it !! (Please, please??)

Take care,
Dreamer1
Angel Whitefang (Rider) 
Posted: 05-Oct-2004, 10:24 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacRowan

female

I will be happy to take a pic and then post it. be warned that you have to look for the dragon heads. To most people it simply looks like a stone fire place.

as far as your long post goes. you have been hit in the face with cold hard facts. And that can be difficult to handle. but now that you know it keep learning more about it.
Haven't you ever felt that the way women are treated asd second class citizens is wrong?? I know you have. With this knowledge your mind is now opening and this is a glorious thing (not trying to make it sound like you have a closed mind) here is the thing...
Women used to be reviered as Sacred and held high places in the community that they lived in. Power came from the women and was given to the men only through marriage. This is Fact and not fiction. Men and Women were EQUALS!!! Neither sex was more important then the other.

a Kinder book to read is "The Da Vinici Code" now this one will boggle your mind but it has all been proven even though it is called a work of fiction.
I am sure you have heard of it. I just finished reading it and I read it in 2 days!!!!
another great book that explains so much is "Sacred Geometry" By Drunvalo Melchezideck now that is an eye opener!!!! I could give you a list of books that shows Proof to support the book you just read.

Alot of this may be hard to handle, I know it was for me in the beginning but as you slowly gain knowledge and the truth you will start to see things as they really are.

take the time you need to understand what you are reading and then go back and read the books again because I have found that when I go back and reread them I understand so much more.

You can always email me if you are having trouble understanding or dealing with something. I will help how ever I can

May the light of your heart Guide your path,

Angel

PMEmail Poster                
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
©2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics ©2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt