Posted: 07-Apr-2004, 08:59 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Portland, Oregon

female

QUOTE (celtica @ Feb 23 2004, 04:02 PM)
There is a book that inspired me a lot and helped me to understand the forces we are playing with when we are performing magic. It's "Light over the realm" from Alexandre Moryason.
The aim of my researchs is not to get power but change the quality of my personal energy, the energy of the heart, it can be long. This book can help.

Very good point, How is your research comming btw? Have you any other books you would reccomend???

angel.gif
PMEmail Poster                
Angel Whitefang (Rider) 
Posted: 07-Apr-2004, 09:00 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacRowan

female

QUOTE (Dreamer1 @ Apr 3 2004, 02:36 PM)
I didn't realize this thread was here until just now! Thanks you guys, for the recommendations. I've read some of them already, but found some others that sound interesting, and I'll add them to my list.

I was actually looking for the old thread of Book Recommendations for Nikki (Vettegal) when I found this. Glad I've gone hunting! laugh.gif

Dreamer1

Hey there Lady, welcome aboard! What are some of your Favorite Pagan Books and Why??

angel.gif
PMEmail Poster                
RavenWing 
Posted: 08-Apr-2004, 12:08 PM
Quote Post

Dorkus Trollus Maximus

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Indiana, USA

female

Hee Hee Hee, the never-ending search for fluff-free books. rolleyes.gif

--------------------
May all your up's and down's be under the sheets!

Religion is for those who are afraid of going to Hell. Spirituality is for those who have already been there.
- Anonymous
PMEmail Poster               
barddas 
Posted: 08-Apr-2004, 12:42 PM
Quote Post

Offical sacrifice to the guitar gods-Play til you bleed

ZodiacWillow

Realm: second star to the right, straight until morning

male

If you are looking for books on Wicca Janet and Stewart Farrar write good books. I do not practice Wicca m'self but, they are very informative, and follow the Alexandrian sect of Wicca (Alex Sanders). Most books that are out there today follow Jerald Gardners methods.
( gardanerian sp)

Patrica ( Trish) Telesco writes well too.

--------------------
BARDDAS BLOG/WEB SITE

Co Founder/Member of the KDC

Music is holy, art is sacred, and creativity is power

Everyday is EARTH DAY to a farmer

"Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much."
Oscar Wilde

Some men are drawn to oceans, they cannot breathe unless the air is scented with a salty mist. Others are drawn to land that is flat, and the air is sullen and is leaden as August. My people were drawn to mountains- Earl Hamner Jr.

PMEmail Poster                
Angel Whitefang (Rider) 
Posted: 08-Apr-2004, 11:26 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacRowan

female

Hey Bardy, are they the ones who wrote "The Witches Bible" ? Those names sound very familiar.
PMEmail Poster                
barddas 
Posted: 12-Apr-2004, 11:20 AM
Quote Post

Offical sacrifice to the guitar gods-Play til you bleed

ZodiacWillow

Realm: second star to the right, straight until morning

male

QUOTE (Angel Whitefang (Rider) @ Apr 9 2004, 12:26 AM)
Hey Bardy, are they the ones who wrote "The Witches Bible" ? Those names sound very familiar.

Yes, they are the authors of the 'Witches Bible'. Which is actually a compilation of several of thier books.
In your reading, if you have also read Bucklands guide to Witchcraft, you will notice the differences between Alexandrian, and Gardenirian systems....
PMEmail Poster                
Angel Whitefang (Rider) 
Posted: 12-Apr-2004, 11:52 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacRowan

female

at the present time I am studying "Uncle Bucky's Big Blue Book" I will have to get their works and read them. WHat do you think of Alister Crowley's Writings?? I have heard many different opinions from many different people, What do You guys think?

angel.gif
PMEmail Poster                
RavenWing 
Posted: 13-Apr-2004, 12:27 PM
Quote Post

Dorkus Trollus Maximus

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Indiana, USA

female

I think he really knew what he was doing, but there are things he messed with that I wouldn't have messed with.
PMEmail Poster               
Dreamer1 
Posted: 13-Apr-2004, 09:49 PM
Quote Post

Mistress of the Hearth Fires, Dreamer of the Woods
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacRowan

Realm: New England

female

QUOTE (Angel Whitefang (Rider) @ Apr 7 2004, 09:00 AM)
QUOTE (Dreamer1 @ Apr 3 2004, 02:36 PM)
I didn't realize this thread was here until just now!  Thanks you guys, for the recommendations.  I've read some of them already, but found some others that sound interesting, and I'll add them to my list.

I was actually looking for the old thread of Book Recommendations for Nikki (Vettegal) when I found this. Glad I've gone hunting!  laugh.gif

Dreamer1

Hey there Lady, welcome aboard! What are some of your Favorite Pagan Books and Why??

angel.gif

Hi Rider! I'm sorry it's taken me so long to get back here. I feel like I've missed a lot! How are things with you?

I haven't read as many books on this subject as I'd like, by a long shot, but so far my favorites are "Drawing Down The Moon"(Margot Adler) because it gives such a large overview of the many different (mostly Wiccan) Paths, explained well for someone who may be just beginning and unsure where to start. She's very informative about the backgrounds of the better known groups, too, and that's helpful. I've really enjoyed reading Scott Cunningham's "Guide For the Solitary Practitioner" and "Encyclopedia of Magical Herbs". He's easy to read, very informative, seems open-minded and well-balanced, and honest. I felt as if a friend were just talking to me about things, rather than as if I were being lectured to! Ann Moura's "Green Witchcraft" I and II were good, maybe not as friendly, but written by someone who doesn't necessarily practise the religious aspects of the Craft (as she calls it), and I found that seperation intriguing--I'm still thinking that one over. I know that "The Mists of Avalon" series is mostly pure fiction, and has very little to do with real Wicca/Paganism, but I list it anyway because it's so different from the usual slant that it makes you stop and really think about the truthfulness of our Christian history. It's led me to other books that deal with the rise of Christianity, the melding/incorporating of Pagan beliefs,ceremonies,holidays,etc...and for that I'm thankful. "Mists" is so well written-it's very believable! Even my hubby said that when he watched the t.v. Movie version of it with me! (He's never read the books.)

I'm still reading, still looking for new ones to read, keeping my eyes open, and trying to reconcile all this new (for me!) insight with what I've always believed in my heart. I'm finding that very hard at times, but I'm trying. I'm very grateful to all of you for being ready to share ideologies, and for being so understanding.

Dreamer1

--------------------
Look with the eyes of a child.

'Hope guides me. It is what gets me through the day, and especially the night.' -- A Knight's Tale
"I talk to you as I talk to my own soul...and, Sassenach,” he whispered, “your face is my heart.” -- Jamie Fraser, "Dragonfly In Amber" by Diana Gabaldon
user posted image
@Dremnghrt on Twitter, Dreamnghrt on tumblr - come say Hi!
PMEmail Poster               View my Twitter Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
Angel Whitefang (Rider) 
Posted: 18-Apr-2004, 12:19 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacRowan

female

Dreamer,
Your not the only one going through the change, I am still going through it but, I can not imagine being anything but kind and understanding to those who are seeking Truth & Knowledge. I am so happy you joined in on this subject thank you so much for your wonderful post. the information you left is very very valuable.
I will have to get a copy of Drawing down the Moon, I went to the bookstore to get it and left there with 6 other books and not that one! how weird is that?

What is everyones opinions of L.Ron Hubbard?? I just picked up his book "What is Scientology" for $5 bucks and thought I would give it a whirl.

Has anyone read his stuff??? What did you think about it?

what are the PRO's ?

Do you see any serious CON's??

angel.gif
PMEmail Poster                
Dreamer1 
Posted: 19-Apr-2004, 10:03 AM
Quote Post

Mistress of the Hearth Fires, Dreamer of the Woods
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacRowan

Realm: New England

female

laugh.gif Rider, that's not wierd at all! I do that every time I go to Amazon looking for one book--I wind up putting 10 others on my "wish list" -- it's a mile long now! That's the fun of it. laugh.gif

Dreamer1
PMEmail Poster               View my Twitter Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
Angel Whitefang (Rider) 
Posted: 15-May-2004, 03:14 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacRowan

female

an Amazon Wish list? hmm I will have to see what that is.
PMEmail Poster                
Lyra Luminara 
Posted: 17-Jun-2004, 11:13 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacVine

Realm: Éire (okay fine, it's really PA, USA but that's just boring.)

female

oh is that silver ravenwolf girl the one with all the books that are like 'love spells for teens' and pooh and the covers are all...non...natural looking. Hhaha, yea, that's just a given to stay away from anything that gives you step-by-step spells to get very specific things. It just doesn't work that way.

Anyway, mentioned in another thread, but anything by Edain McCoy is good.

--------------------
If we could just stand here, without the words, would that be enough? ..Look at the sky now. What color is it? Or the way a hawk flies. Or you wake up and your ribs are bruised thinking so hard on somebody. What do you call that?

"Don't cross the street if you can't get out of the kitchen"
PMEmail PosterUsers Website               
Angel Whitefang (Rider) 
Posted: 18-Jun-2004, 01:59 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacRowan

female

I agree with you Lyra, Edain McCoy is a supurb author! Oh and Bardy, GUESS WHAT I JUST GOT !!!!!!!

(bet ya can't Guess!)

*giggles and awaites an answer from the Nobel Barddas*

angel.gif
PMEmail Poster                
urian 
Posted: 25-Jun-2004, 12:13 AM
Quote Post

heretic. lurker in the shadows
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Texas

male

I would recommend scott cunnigham to anyone who is interested in the craft or who is just wanting to learn more...his books are layed out very well and his spirit permeates everything

--------------------
'Dying for being different is still better than living as a Sheep'-anon
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
©2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics ©2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt