DesertRose 
Posted: 03-Feb-2013, 01:36 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

Realm: The desert of Arizona

female

I am huge Diana Gabaldon fan. However, I only got half-way through A Breath of Snow and Ashes and that was it. Got busy with other things. Bought her book after that, "An Echo in the Bone," never started that book. Now I hear she is coming out with a new book in the series this year!! Oh my! Guess I should have started the Outlander series all over again in preparation. I will do so when I finish Liz Curtis Higgs Scottish series first as there is about 4-5 books in it, too wink.gif

--------------------
Fine art & photography by DESERT ROSE IMAGES
http://www.desertrose-images.com
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMy Photo Album               
megsgarden 
Posted: 03-Feb-2013, 03:07 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacWillow

female

I'm only reading two books at the moment (if you leave out the ladies bible study book)- Tolkien's "The Silmarillion" and Carola Dunn's "Gone West" a cozy mystery based in 1920's England
PMEmail Poster               
greenldydragon 
Posted: 20-Feb-2013, 12:22 AM
Quote Post

Mistress of Dragons
Group Icon

Group: Wales
ZodiacHazel

female

DesertRose,

Have you read "Into the Wilderness" by Sara Donati? A friend of mine at work is a huge fan of Gabaldon and she said that Donati mentions Ian and Claire in her books. . . I thought you might find it interesting smile.gif

I'm reading two books and listening to a third book on audio tape right now. "Sacred Treason" by James Forrester (so far so good), "Sappho's Leap" (might not finish sad.gif ) and Agatha Raisin and the Witch of Wyckhadden (which is really hard to remember how to spell...)

--------------------
DRAGON BLESSING

May dragons bring you wealth
and guard your treasures
May they banish darkness and enlighten you
May female dragons grant you inner power
May the Dragon Queen
neutralize your enemies
May Dragon Spirits
give you power over Elementals
May weather dragons
bring rain at your request
May Ti'amat effect the changes you command
May Ishtar grant you Dragon Power
May Ishtar grant you Dragon Power
PMEmail Poster               
j Padraig moore 
Posted: 06-Mar-2013, 12:13 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Tried to read the Fionavar Tapestry by Guy Gabriel Kay. It is a trilogy. Read book 1, got half way through book 2 and gave up. I've read Kay before and like his work. But not this one.
PMEmail Poster               
gaberlunzie 
Posted: 02-Jun-2013, 05:57 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

QUOTE (greenldydragon @ 20-Feb-2013, 07:22 AM)
DesertRose,

Have you read "Into the Wilderness" by Sara Donati? A friend of mine at work is a huge fan of Gabaldon and she said that Donati mentions Ian and Claire in her books. . . I thought you might find it interesting smile.gif

I'm reading two books and listening to a third book on audio tape right now. "Sacred Treason" by James Forrester (so far so good), "Sappho's Leap" (might not finish sad.gif ) and Agatha Raisin and the Witch of Wyckhadden (which is really hard to remember how to spell...)

I have read the whole series by Sara Donati so far, starting witj "Into the wilderness". Yes, Claire is meantioned there but I'm not sure if linking Sara Donati to Diana Gabaldon does her justice. She has her very own style of writing. I enjoyed the books a lot and may reread the series now, that I saw it mentioned again.

Recently I read the series "Wheel of time" by Robert Jordan and got drawn into this fantasy world all easily. I can recommend it, great stuff.

--------------------
"Now here's my secret", said the fox, "it is very simple. It is only with ones heart that one can see clearly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."

("The Little Prince" by Antoine de Saint-Exupery)

"The soul would have no rainbow, if the eye had no tears."
(Native American Proverb)
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Leelee 
Posted: 11-Jul-2013, 06:47 PM
Quote Post

Lady Leleanda - Mystic Dreamer
Group Icon

Group: Fellowship of the Ring
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Alberta, Canada

female

Clash of Kings - George R. R. Martin

--------------------
Slàinte!

Truth in our hearts. Strength in our hands. Consistency in our tongues.

Beauty is not just all around us, but within us....

"Mo nighean donn," he whispered, "Mo chridhe. My brown lass, my heart. Come to me. Cover me. Shelter me, a bhean, heal me. Burn with me, as I burn for you."(Fiery Cross Quote)
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 11-Jul-2013, 10:14 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Ironwood, MI

male

Just finished Diana Gabaldon "The Scottish Prisoner" Now I'm reading the Boy who met jesus for our Church's monthly book discussion. Can't wait for the Highlander TV series to start. At least we know who will be playing Jamie-now we need a Claire.

--------------------
Unavoidably Detained by the World

"Irishness is not primary a question of birth or blood or language; it is the condition on being involved in the Irish situation, and usually of being mauled by it."-Conor Cruise O'Brien

Pour mouth to mouth
PMEmail Poster               
Leelee 
Posted: 12-Jul-2013, 07:50 AM
Quote Post

Lady Leleanda - Mystic Dreamer
Group Icon

Group: Fellowship of the Ring
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Alberta, Canada

female

Just finished Diana Gabaldon "The Scottish Prisoner" Now I'm reading the Boy who met jesus for our Church's monthly book discussion. Can't wait for the Highlander TV series to start. At least we know who will be playing Jamie-now we need a Claire.

Robert, who is playing Jamie???????????????? ohmy.gif

I too have read "The Scottish Prisoner", I really enjoyed reading the book, as I enjoy reading all of Diana's books thumbs_up.gif
j Padraig moore 
Posted: 01-Aug-2013, 01:52 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Working my way through a book about Teddy Roosevelt and his environmental activism. Way ahead of his time! Book is 800+ pages and I am only halfway through after 3-4 months.
PMEmail Poster               
TartanFox 
Posted: 06-Aug-2013, 08:47 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacIvy

Realm: New Jersey

male

Currently reading The Hobbit by J. R. R. Tolkien and also Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins (the third book in The Hunger Games series). Also reading the works of Robert Burns intermittently when the mood strikes.
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
©2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics ©2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt