Camac
Posted: 29-Mar-2009, 11:49 AM
Quote Post

Main: Registration
Questions: Help
Important: Rules

Zodiac

Donajhi;

I think you will enjoy "How the Scots......."I am an avid reader of History and I am reading the second part of a 2 book History of Canada in the Great War entitled "Shock Troops".by Tim Cook.

Camac.

Antwn 
Posted: 11-Apr-2009, 09:46 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

Realm: UDA ond o linach Cymry

male

"The Leopard" by Giuseppe Tomasi di Lampedusa - translated from the Italian by Archibald Colquhoun - haven't finished it yet but DAMN this guy can WRITE!

--------------------
Yr hen Gymraeg i mi,
Hon ydyw iaith teimladau,
Ac adlais i guriadau
Fy nghalon ydyw hi
--- Mynyddog
PMEmail Poster               
Taliesin 
Posted: 11-Apr-2009, 09:54 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Central Valley, California, USA

male

The Jungle Books by Rudyard Kipling

--------------------
-Taliesin

A Scotsman Abroad
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               
SonofHenderson 
Posted: 11-Apr-2009, 10:57 AM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacOak

Realm: Bucks, England

male

I've been reading The Master of Ballantrae by Robert Louis Stevenson, I love his books about Scotland, like Kidnapped and Catriona, Weir of Hermiston and other short stories.
Another writer I like is Nigel Tranter who has written loads of historic docufiction about Scotland and its heroes.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website               
gcw57 
  Posted: 12-Apr-2009, 12:03 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

Realm: British Columbia

male

Wow - compared to all of you, I'm reading time wasters!

I've been going through a few titles just recently and have finished in the past week or 10 days:

1. Brad Thor's "Takedown" - a brilliantly paced account of a next 9/11. You really have to hope that terrorists don't read his books for ideas!
2. Diane Mott Davidson's "The Grilling Season" - mostly okay, but no classic.
3. Janet Evanovich's "To The Nines" - not bad but I won't rush out for another right away. My first Stephanie Plum story.
4. Anne Stuart's "Ice Storm" - an interesting story inside Britain's Anti-terrorist squad. A very well written book.

Two terrific titles - three if you count "1916" that I posted about before, and 2 time passers.

--------------------
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
PMEmail Poster               
Leelee 
Posted: 15-Apr-2009, 10:45 AM
Quote Post

Lady Leleanda - Mystic Dreamer
Group Icon

Group: Fellowship of the Ring
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Alberta, Canada

female

Well, I finished Sara Donati's Queen of Swords and will have to wait until early 2010 for her next book, The Endless Forest. I am also waiting for Diana Gabaldon's Echo in the Bone, possible Sept. 2009 release......always a waiting game rolleyes.gif

I think I shall visit my bookcase and pick up Diana Gabaldon's, Outlander. Start her series again and by the time I'm done, Echo in the Bone should be on the Local Bookstore shelves biggrin.gif

--------------------
Slàinte!

Truth in our hearts. Strength in our hands. Consistency in our tongues.

Beauty is not just all around us, but within us....

"Mo nighean donn," he whispered, "Mo chridhe. My brown lass, my heart. Come to me. Cover me. Shelter me, a bhean, heal me. Burn with me, as I burn for you."(Fiery Cross Quote)
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMy Photo Album               
ranger 
Posted: 27-Apr-2009, 09:27 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

Realm: Western Kentucky

male

Unfortunately with soccer season in full swing my reading time has been drastically cut. But I do find that this is a good time to catch up on old magazine articles that I usually put off reading. Don't have quite the time to get involved in a good book, but the sporadic times that I can find fit in perfect for short magazine articles here and there. Right now I'm catching up on a years worth of Men's Health.

--------------------
"...so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

'The Lord of the Rings' - Book one
PMEmail Poster               
Leelee 
Posted: 13-May-2009, 11:38 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

female

Dragonfly In Amber - Diana Gabaldon

It's been a pleasure revisiting her books, as I renew my memories of their adventures. wub.gif I had come across a few excerpts in her book that I didn't recall.....must have been dozing off, as I fervently wanted to continue the Chapter (one more paragraph.....just til the end of this chapter.....zzzzzz tongue.gif ). Continuous adventure and action with every turn of the page book.gif thumbs_up.gif
SonofHenderson 
Posted: 13-May-2009, 01:06 PM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacOak

Realm: Bucks, England

male

You cannot beat Sir Walter Scott's books for adventure so long as you can understand the language!
Then there is Geoffrey Archer, Harold Robbins and Jackie Collins for page by page intrigues.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website               
gcw57 
  Posted: 13-May-2009, 06:38 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

Realm: British Columbia

male

I must admit that I enjoy Maeve Binchy's books. I've been holding onto "Firefly Summer" for some time but started off in it the other day. Binchy has a way of writing that really speaks to me - when she is describing something I feel like I can almost see it. It's a very good book - as far as I've gone & I expect no different to the end.

I've also got a couple of others on the go at the moment as I always do, but I'm not far eneogh in to them to have an opinion yet. Happy reading! biggrin.gif
PMEmail Poster               
greenldydragon 
Posted: 14-May-2009, 08:26 PM
Quote Post

Mistress of Dragons
Group Icon

Group: Wales
ZodiacHazel

female

I just finished reading "The Virgin Queen's Daughter" - a debut, I believe, by Ella March Chase. It was a really good read, but now I'm starting on a non-fiction "The Letters of Arbella Stuart." I'm always surprised by how little people know about her since Queen Elizabeth was using her as a possible heir against King James of Scotland. smile.gif

--------------------
DRAGON BLESSING

May dragons bring you wealth
and guard your treasures
May they banish darkness and enlighten you
May female dragons grant you inner power
May the Dragon Queen
neutralize your enemies
May Dragon Spirits
give you power over Elementals
May weather dragons
bring rain at your request
May Ti'amat effect the changes you command
May Ishtar grant you Dragon Power
May Ishtar grant you Dragon Power
PMEmail Poster               
j Padraig moore 
Posted: 20-Jun-2009, 04:54 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Trinity, by Leon Uris. Concerning Ireland in the 19th and 20th centuries. It's been on my bookshelf for ages. Finally took it down to give it a read.
PMEmail Poster               
Antwn 
Posted: 20-Jun-2009, 06:30 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: UDA ond o linach Cymry

male

"Beethoven" - a biography by Maynard Solomon - also have his biography of Mozart -
PMEmail Poster               
Emmalou 
Posted: 27-Jun-2009, 06:20 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacOak

female

I love the Highlander series by Diana Gabaldon and can't wait for the next installment to come out this Fall...I hadn't however read her Lord John books...I bought the first one recently and it was a tiny bit convoluted following all the twists and turns of the "whodunit" it was a good read and I will definitely by buying the other three...any other Gabaldon fans out there?
PMEmail Poster               
Leelee 
Posted: 28-Jun-2009, 10:07 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

female

Emmalou Posted on 27-Jun-2009, 05:20 PM
  I love the Highlander series by Diana Gabaldon and can't wait for the next installment to come out this Fall...I hadn't however read her Lord John books...I bought the first one recently and it was a tiny bit convoluted following all the twists and turns of the "whodunit" it was a good read and I will definitely by buying the other three...any other Gabaldon fans out there? 

Welcome Emmalou!!! I believe you will enjoy your stay here at CR. There's so many interesting Forums, great music and fantastic people to meet. So, you're another Diana Gabaldon Fan, Excellent. biggrin.gif There is a Forum for us; you can find it under Special Interests/Book Stop/Diana Gabaldon Fans. Check it out. I am sure you will find it interesting smile.gif thumbs_up.gif

I've started Diana Gabaldon's third book of her Series, Voyageur (my second time around biggrin.gif )
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
©2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics ©2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt