Bookmark and Share
Aleksandr 
Posted: 07-Mar-2008, 01:57 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacVine

male

It may seem a little strange (bearing in mind that I have never concerned the best-sellers, I prefer classical literature), but now I am reading "World Without End", by Ken Follett.

At the moment I have read the first 100 pages and it's not bad at all. wink.gif

--------------------
"Brothers, what we do in life... echoes in eternity."
(Maximus)

Aleksandr
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 08-Mar-2008, 05:08 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

female

Starting Your Day Right- Joyce Meyer

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
pretentiouswombat 
Posted: 12-Mar-2008, 12:19 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Georgia

female

I finished I Am Legend and read a few more short stories in that collection - nearly finished with the book. I am here to tell you that the movie is nothing like the book. I think Will Smith is starting a trend - starring in Movies that have "I" in the title (I, Robot - I Am Legend) and are nothing like the books they are supposedly based on. So, what's next? I, Claudius set in the 23rd century????

I think I actually found two things that were true to the story, though. One - his name was Robert Neville in both. Two - he dies at the end. Everything else is different. The story is very, very good, though. And the ending is very different - puts a totally different spin on the "I Am Legend" statement. Definitely worth reading.

--------------------
Check out my new blog at www.dilettantesdilemma.blogspot.com
Patti, The Celtic Pretentious Wombat

Feel the Teal! The year is 1599, and a new musical sensation is sweeping the youth of England! Dude! Life is Good! Visit The Lost Boys Online
PMEmail PosterUsers Website               View My Space Profile.
LadyOfAvalon 
Posted: 19-Mar-2008, 06:13 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacVine

female

I am the middle of third book of the Lord John series by Diana Gabaldon.

Don't know why but I started with the third one instead of the second???? That's what happens when you start too many books at the same time, I guess.LOA

--------------------
"Few men are brave:many become so through training and discipline."
Flavius Vegetius Renatus

"I think a hero is an ordinary individual who finds strenght to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles."
Christopher Reeve
PM My Photo Album               
jime307 
Posted: 19-Mar-2008, 07:49 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

Realm: Jackson Hole, Wyoming USA

male

Ah, I'm getting behind here, I'm still reading Odd Thomas, but I've also picked up a few books on Rock Climbing to read up on some skills I'll need to get back for the summer, I think we are acctually selecting some more novels for reading in school too sometime this week or maybe next, so another book to add to the pile

--------------------

St. Patrick's Day countdown banner
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
Camac
Posted: 19-Mar-2008, 08:01 PM
Quote Post

Main: Registration
Questions: Help
Important: Rules

Zodiac

I noticed in the paper the other day that Arthur C. Clarke passed away he was the last of the three greatest Sci- Fi writers, Azimov, Heinlein, and Clarke. He was also the inventor of the Communication Satillite and the first to suggest geo-syncronous orbits for them. I'm trying to find my copies of 2001 and 2010. to reread them. His is a loss to both the world of Science and Sci-Fi

Camac

pretentiouswombat 
Posted: 20-Mar-2008, 10:28 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

female

I finished The Spiral Staircase and am back to Dragonfly in Amber. I "only" have 300 pages to go. I'm determined to at least finish that book before I move on to my Elizabeth Peters book that I started. Peters' books require a little more attention than the average fiction because her mysteries are tough to figure out. I just can't be juggling Jamie, Claire, and the Jacobites and early 20th century archaeological excavations in Egypt at the same time. tongue.gif
MDF3530 
  Posted: 20-Mar-2008, 07:44 PM
Quote Post

Madman with a box
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacAlder

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

I just returned Harry Potter & The Half-Blood Prince to the library. I am now about to check out Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows again biggrin.gif .

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Gwynhwyvar 
Posted: 25-Mar-2008, 09:25 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

Realm: Smyrna, Georgia

female

In the last month and a half I have read "This is Your Brain on Music", "Musicophilia", "The Creative Call" and am now reading "The Creative Brain" . I guess you might say that I am in a "creative/musical" mood. These books have been fascinating reading. One of these days I will get back to reading what others call "fun" stuff - a.k.a. fiction books.

--------------------
"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.""
Psalm 91:1-2

"Be what you would seem to be--or, if you'd like it put more simply--Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise." from "Alice in Wonderland"
PMEmail Poster               
gcw57 
Posted: 26-Mar-2008, 12:03 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

Realm: British Columbia

male

I have a few on the go, as always, but the most interesting by far is "The Alexandria Link" by Steve Berry. He really is a pretty impressive writer for fans of action.

--------------------
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
PMEmail Poster               
jime307 
Posted: 27-Mar-2008, 10:42 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

Realm: Jackson Hole, Wyoming USA

male

I finished Odd Thomas this week and it was One of the Best Books I've EVER Read, it was really really good, but it's pretty sad at they end. However incredibly good read, Dean Koontz has earned his spot as my new favorite writer. He's written well over 42 books and I've only read 2 so I have a good bit of reading ahead of me, anyways, his books are well worth reading, now off to "Forever Odd"
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
Druid_of_Ark 
Posted: 27-Mar-2008, 11:53 PM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan Cathcart-USA
Group Icon

Group: Order of the Knights
ZodiacAlder

Realm: Perryville, Arkansas

male

"Druids" by Morgan LLewelyn

--------------------
Blessed Be,
Sir. Raibeart Paris, OGU
PMEmail Poster               
gaberlunzie 
Posted: 28-Mar-2008, 06:48 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

Right now I'm reading "I Listen To The Earth" by Yeremei Aipin; it's a book my brother Richard sent me, it's a book of legends and tales of the Khanty people in Siberia.

The many similarities betwen the life of the Native Siberian people and the Native American people are very interesting, the are living by same set of values and so there are many similarities in their legends.

--------------------
"Now here's my secret", said the fox, "it is very simple. It is only with ones heart that one can see clearly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."

("The Little Prince" by Antoine de Saint-Exupery)

"The soul would have no rainbow, if the eye had no tears."
(Native American Proverb)
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Camac
Posted: 28-Mar-2008, 06:53 AM
Quote Post

Main: Registration
Questions: Help
Important: Rules

Zodiac

The Bruce Trilogy by Nigel Tranter.

thumbs_up.gif

pretentiouswombat 
Posted: 28-Mar-2008, 10:29 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

female

I've been reading some light mystery/humour books this week. So far, I'm on the third one by Tamar Myers and the second by Sharyn McCrumb. Tamar Myers has two series of books - this one is about a Mennonite innkeeper named Magdalena Yoder. Her sense of humour is so much fun - I just love these books. I was reading Grape Expectations when we got in the accident and the book didn't come home with me. When my honey went to get everything out of the car after it had been towed, he threw everything in a couple of bags and then he dropped them off at his uncle's house (since his uncle had driven him to the lot where the car was taken). So, I had to read Assault and Pepper while waiting for Grape Expectations to return to me.

Then, whilst doing my twice a day cat feeding next door, I raided my girlfriend's book collection for two of Sharyn McCrumb's early books - Bimbos of the Death Sun and (the one I'm currently reading) Zombies of the Gene Pool.

Quite a change from my non-fiction stuff, eh? But that's about all I can concentrate on right now - I just needed some fun light reading.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics 2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt