Bookmark and Share
gaberlunzie 
Posted: 09-Mar-2004, 03:51 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacVine

female

QUOTE (Richard Bercot @ Mar 7 2004, 10:09 PM)

I did pick up a used hardcovered book today called; "The Horse Whisperer" by Nicholas Evans. If I remember right, this is going to be another one of the Romance Novels, but I think I will suffer through it. wink.gif

You won't suffer too much, Richard; "The Horse Whisperer" is much more than a romance novel! Guess, you'll like it... smile.gif

Btw; started to read "Panther in The Sky" and it's simply one of the best books I've ever read! Thank you so much for recommending! smile.gif

--------------------
"Now here's my secret", said the fox, "it is very simple. It is only with ones heart that one can see clearly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."

("The Little Prince" by Antoine de Saint-Exupery)

"The soul would have no rainbow, if the eye had no tears."
(Native American Proverb)
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
DesertRose 
Posted: 09-Mar-2004, 05:56 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: The desert of Arizona

female

Gabby! What is "Panther in the Sky" about?

--------------------
Fine art & photography by DESERT ROSE IMAGES
http://www.desertrose-images.com
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMy Photo Album               
MDF3530 
  Posted: 09-Mar-2004, 06:05 PM
Quote Post

Madman with a box
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacAlder

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

I just finished reading Dude, Where's My Country? by Michael Moore again. A great read. Now, I'm switching back to fiction. I just started reading Pandora's Clock by John J. Nance.

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
Richard Bercot 
Posted: 09-Mar-2004, 06:18 PM
Quote Post

House of Hardy
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacAsh

male

QUOTE (CelticRose @ Mar 9 2004, 05:56 PM)

I can answer that one for you Celtic Rose.

It is a Historical Novel about the Life of Tecumseh and the Shawnee People, Shawandasse Nawbe. It was written by James Alexander Thom who is my Father-in-law.

He have written several Best Sellers such as:
From Sea to Shining Sea
Follow the River
Long Knife
Children of the First Man
Red Heart
The Sign-Talker

These are the only one off the top of my head, but he has written several more.

--------------------
May your days be filled with Merriment and May you walk in Balance with Creator.

"For every day you fish, you live another day"
PMEmail Poster                
DesertRose 
Posted: 09-Mar-2004, 06:34 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

eek.gif Whoa! Richard! I am impressed! Thank you for telling me. I have gotten away from reading books about the Native Americans lately. In fact, I have gotten away from reading anything lately. I just need to take a break.

It is really great to see what all everybody is reading. Wish sometimes people would tell what their books are about as well!

Happy reading!
MDF3530 
  Posted: 09-Mar-2004, 06:55 PM
Quote Post

Madman with a box
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacAlder

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

Pandora's Clock takes place aboard a transatlantic flight from Frankfurt to New York just before Christmas. One of the passengers, an American professor ending his fellowship at Heidelberg University, is unwittingly exposed to a potentially lethal pathogen that was developed back in the late 1960s or early 1970s by the Soviet Red Army. The passenger has a heart attack, and the pilots request emergency clearance to land in London. The British health ministry contacts their German counterparts, who'd been looking for the American. The Germans create an international you-know-what storm by advising the Brits to deny the airplane clearance. Another passenger, who just happens to be an American diplomat, gets the US State Department involved (the airline involved is a US airline), and they assist the captain in finding safe havens for refueling and food supply.
maggiemahone1 
Posted: 09-Mar-2004, 07:17 PM
Quote Post

High Queen of Ireland

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern West Virginia

female

QUOTE (CelticRose @ Mar 9 2004, 10:56 PM)

I read that book a few years back. If my memory serves me right, sometimes it doesn't! biggrin.gif Isn't Panther in the Sky about the Shawnee chief, Tecumseh?

maggiemahone1
PMEmail PosterUsers Website                View My Space Profile.
Richard Bercot 
Posted: 09-Mar-2004, 07:31 PM
Quote Post

House of Hardy
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacAsh

male

QUOTE (maggiemahone1 @ Mar 9 2004, 07:17 PM)
I read that book a few years back. If my memory serves me right, sometimes it doesn't! biggrin.gif Isn't Panther in the Sky about the Shawnee chief, Tecumseh?

maggiemahone1

That depends on who you are talking to. With our Band, He is considered as a Chief but with some of the Oklahoma People, he is not considered as one even though he did lead Several Shawnee People along with the Deleware, Mingoes, Pottowatomi, Sauk-Fox, Ojibwa, Miami, Creek and various other Tribes before and during the War of 1812 when he was killed on October 5, 1813 in Canada.
PMEmail Poster                
DesertRose 
Posted: 09-Mar-2004, 07:47 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

Ooh, thank you Mike! clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif I love knowing what people are reading, but it really gets my interest when I know what the book is about. Okay, call me anal retentive! laugh.gif
maggiemahone1 
Posted: 09-Mar-2004, 08:07 PM
Quote Post

High Queen of Ireland

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern West Virginia

female

Richard, he was Chief in Panther in the Sky. laugh.gif

maggiemahone1
PMEmail PosterUsers Website                View My Space Profile.
gaberlunzie 
Posted: 10-Mar-2004, 01:59 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

I'm sorry I just mentioned the book yesterday - and no more word about it...I didn't have much time yesterda but I should have taken it though to tell a few words about my first impression...you are right, Rose! sad.gif

Thank you, Richard, for answering in my place! smile.gif

"Panther in The Sky" is a historical novel based on the life of Tecumseh. Thom's gift as a "storyteller" is absolutly fascinating and his ability to put himself in the way of thinking and feeling of his characters is terrific.
You will only find very few authors who are able to "handle" history and culture of American Natives in this "authentic" and sensitive way.
I've read a lot in my life; a lot dealing with the field mentioned above as well - but this is surely one of the best books I ever had in my hands!
I do highly recommend it to everyone who is interested in this subject!
DesertRose 
Posted: 10-Mar-2004, 02:43 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

Oh Gabby, sweetie! I never meant to force anybody to tell about the synopsis of the book they are reading. I am sorry if it came across that way. I just wanted to know what people were reading and what the story is about as I am a bookaholic and thought I might be interested in reading the books too! I would certainly never want to force anyone to do anything. The title and author is just finel. However, I was just interested for my own self as to what some of these books are about to see if I would like to read them too! You don't worry, okay? hug.gif
gaberlunzie 
Posted: 10-Mar-2004, 03:02 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

Nooooooooooo, deary, don't you apologise, please!!?? unsure.gif I didn't understand it in the way you're thinking of...NEVER!!! I surely didn't get it the wrong way, ok? smile.gif

But nevertheless I think I should have written a few more words yesterday just to give everybody the chance to get a clue of what the book is about. My Mom would say it's a question of good behaviour and politeness. wink.gif ..oh well...sorry Mom... sad.gif tongue.gif

I just spent another hour in reading this book and all I can say is that I'm HOOKED!!!

Btw, my sweet nightowl...shouldn't you be sleeping???? unsure.gif wink.gif
DesertRose 
Posted: 10-Mar-2004, 03:14 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

Hi Gabby, my sweet! Yes, I should be sleeping but did plently of that today and so I am wide awake now! LOL. I have a back problem that rules my life. When I need to lay down I do and when I need to do other things I do. Now when it includes sitting, I am here! laugh.gif

Hey! I just bought some Sara Donati books: Into the Wilderness, Down on the Distant Shore, Lake in the Clouds that are set in the Native American realm, but they are also considered historical romance, if you are interested. I have not read them yet, but hear they are absolutely wonderful............so of course I bought them! biggrin.gif
gaberlunzie 
Posted: 10-Mar-2004, 03:26 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

Well, my sister at soul...you know what? I have these three books and you should READ them; you will enjoy them; I already reread them about three times, I guess. They are really well written. I love them a lot ...
Isn't it astonishing how many interests we have in common or that there are quite a few similarities between us? You, down in the desert and me, over here in sanowy Germany...praise the internet, eh?
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics 2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt