Posted: 11-Feb-2008, 10:54 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

Realm: The desert of Arizona

female

QUOTE (Rindy @ 11-Feb-2008, 07:15 PM)
I finally finished Drums of Autumn by Diana Gabaldon...now for the big red book The Fiery Cross..that is one big book in every way...scary....haha unsure.gif

Slainte

hello Rindy! Well what can I say? The Fiery Cross is a very big book and half of it consists of one day! I know! I got extremely frustrated with it, but if you hang in there you will learn lots to prepare you for the next book. And if you read "A Breath of Snow and Ashes" before me (the 6th book in the series) then good on you! tongue.gif

--------------------
Fine art & photography by DESERT ROSE IMAGES
http://www.desertrose-images.com
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMy Photo Album               
Rindy 
Posted: 11-Feb-2008, 11:11 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

female

QUOTE (CelticRose @ 11-Feb-2008, 09:54 PM)
QUOTE (Rindy @ 11-Feb-2008, 07:15 PM)
I finally finished Drums of Autumn by Diana Gabaldon...now for the big red book The Fiery Cross..that is one big book in every way...scary....haha unsure.gif

Slainte

hello Rindy! Well what can I say? The Fiery Cross is a very big book and half of it consists of one day! I know! I got extremely frustrated with it, but if you hang in there you will learn lots to prepare you for the next book. And if you read "A Breath of Snow and Ashes" before me (the 6th book in the series) then good on you! tongue.gif

CR.....ha...that will never happen. A entire day huh? Must be like some of my Mondays..haaha I so impressed with her books they are amazing. I know better than to start cause then I can't stop....

ok...wow is the red one a big book......lol....I will let you know how I am doin.

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
DesertRose 
Posted: 11-Feb-2008, 11:36 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

Oh that helps now!!! LOL CR....

Yep! The red book is big and looooooong! Hope you enjoy it better than I did! LOL
pretentiouswombat 
Posted: 12-Feb-2008, 11:56 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Georgia

female

I've been going back and forth between my Elizabeth Peters books and the Gabaldon ones. I'm at the beginning of the newest Peters book and about 200 or so pages into Dragonfly in Amber. Of course, it's my second time through that one. Did I tell y'all that my eldest daughter met Diana Gabaldon last year at a book festival thing up in Dahlonega? She got one of the newer books autographed for me. Have y'all read the Lord John book? Comments? Recommendations?

Also, I just Googled Diana Gabaldon and came up with the book title "Cross Stitch" and this:

In 1945, Claire is back from the war and reunited with her husband on a second honeymoon in Scotland. Innocently, she walks through a stone circle, and finds herself in a skirmish taking place in 1743. Now, she is in danger from the shock of her own desire for James; and is torn between two vastly different men in two irreconcilable lives.

I didn't know this existed. Anybody???

--------------------
Check out my new blog at www.dilettantesdilemma.blogspot.com
Patti, The Celtic Pretentious Wombat

Feel the Teal! The year is 1599, and a new musical sensation is sweeping the youth of England! Dude! Life is Good! Visit The Lost Boys Online
PMEmail PosterUsers Website               View My Space Profile.
DesertRose 
Posted: 13-Feb-2008, 01:33 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

Hello pretentiouswombat! There are many here who know of Diana Galbaldon's books. In fact, she has her own thread in the "Book Stop" forum. You can find it here.

http://www.celticradio.net/php/forums/inde...?showtopic=6310

Oops! Forgot. "Crossstich" is the British title for the same book called "Outlander."

Hope this helps. smile.gif

This post has been edited by CelticRose on 13-Feb-2008, 01:35 PM
pretentiouswombat 
Posted: 13-Feb-2008, 01:36 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

female

Thanks for the link, CR! And you know what? I googled the title of that book and it turns out it's Outlander but printed in England and Australia, apparently. I read a couple of posts on Amazon.com where people had bought the book, thinking it was a new title, and they were disappointed that it turned out to be something they already had. Mystery solved!

I'll see y'all over on the Gabaldon thread!
mainopsman 
Posted: 23-Feb-2008, 08:17 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacBirch

Realm: Dundalk, Maryland

male

I am just finishing a "Star Trek" novel by William Shatner. I have a pile of books on my home office desk waiting to be read. One is a new Tom Clancy novel, two Histories (one is on Michael Collins), and one of the the First American Series by the Gears. Need more time, reading is my relaxation when I can find enough time.

Jim (mainopsman)

--------------------
Dedicate some of your life to others. Your dedication will not be a sacrifice. It will be an exhilarating experience because it is intense effort applied toward a meaningful end. Dr. Thomas Dooley
PMEmail Poster               
MDF3530 
Posted: 23-Feb-2008, 08:21 PM
Quote Post

Madman with a box
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacAlder

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

I'm reading the book Parish The Thought by John Ruane. It's his memoir of growing up Catholic in the 1960s. He grew up in one of my neighboring parishes on Chicago's Southwest Side.

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
pretentiouswombat 
Posted: 25-Feb-2008, 12:31 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

female

I'm alternating between The Spiral Staircase by Karen Armstrong (a memoir) and Knitting Rules by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee (aka, the Yarn Harlot). I'm a bit on a non-fiction kick - finished Gordon Ramsay's book (another memoir) earlier this month.

MDF3530 
Posted: 28-Feb-2008, 06:32 PM
Quote Post

Madman with a box
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacAlder

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

QUOTE (pretentiouswombat @ 25-Feb-2008, 11:31 AM)
I'm a bit on a non-fiction kick - finished Gordon Ramsay's book (another memoir) earlier this month.

Am I correct to assume that there's some salty language in Gordon Ramsey's book biggrin.gif ?
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
pretentiouswombat 
Posted: 29-Feb-2008, 11:12 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

female

Gordon uses salty language the same way we use oxygen to breathe! Salty, peppery, you name it. His language runs the gamut of spices!

I really found it very interesting to read about his background. He has definitely earned everything he has accomplished - my hat's off to him. I was asking my 13-year-old daughter if she could handle working for him. We talked about how you want to apprentice with the best if you want to be the best but, boy, what a challenge it would be and the stress - wow!

However, saying that, I aspire to be the Gordon Ramsay of grammar. Everytime I correct my kids on some sort of improper grammar usage, I tell them I'm just working toward that end. tongue.gif
Camac
Posted: 29-Feb-2008, 11:31 AM
Quote Post

Main: Registration
Questions: Help
Important: Rules

Zodiac

As 90% of what I read is History I am currently coming to the end of A History of Clan Campbell Vol. 1 (From Origins to Flodden) by Alastair Campbell of Airds. Awaiting the arrival of Vol. 2 (Flodden to Restoration).

Camac.

FamhairCloiche 
Posted: 29-Feb-2008, 12:50 PM
Quote Post

Honored Clan Member

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Tulsa, Oklahoma

male

Silas Marner.

I seem to be following you Camac.
PMEmail Poster               
Camac
Posted: 29-Feb-2008, 01:22 PM
Quote Post

Main: Registration
Questions: Help
Important: Rules

Zodiac

Never read it. Now I'm following you

Druid_of_Ark 
Posted: 01-Mar-2008, 02:04 AM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan Cathcart-USA
Group Icon

Group: Order of the Knights
ZodiacAlder

Realm: Perryville, Arkansas

male

"Encyclopedia of Celtic Wisdom 'A Celtic Shaman's Journey Book'" By Caitlyn and John Matthews

--------------------
Blessed Be,
Sir. Raibeart Paris, OGU
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics 2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt