Bookmark and Share
Colin 
Posted: 03-Feb-2005, 05:36 PM
Quote Post

Servant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacReed

male

Dragonfly in Amber has been my favourite of the series. It lost a little after Voyager

--------------------
Happily Celtic, Proudly Canadian
LUCEO NON URO
PMEmail Poster               
DesertRose 
Posted: 03-Feb-2005, 05:47 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: The desert of Arizona

female

REally, Colin? I loved Voyager. That was my favorite next to Outlander. I was angry at the first part of Dragonfly in Amber and then it got better. But at first I almost threw the book across the room at the beginning of it!

--------------------
Fine art & photography by DESERT ROSE IMAGES
http://www.desertrose-images.com
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMy Photo Album               
Colin 
Posted: 03-Feb-2005, 06:21 PM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacReed

male

QUOTE (CelticRose @ 03-Feb-2005, 05:47 PM)
REally, Colin? I loved Voyager. That was my favorite next to Outlander. I was angry at the first part of Dragonfly in Amber and then it got better. But at first I almost threw the book across the room at the beginning of it!

Maybe it was the historical aspect of the two (Dragonfly, and Voyager) that I enjoyed. I loved hearing about the build up to Culloden, and the aftermath. I aslo enjoyed the way the two books were tied in together. After that I just found Drums of Autum and Firey Cross lacking in what the previous books held. High hopes for the new one.
PMEmail Poster               
gwenlee 
Posted: 04-Feb-2005, 04:27 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacAlder

female

I bought the book Highlander in Disguise and I've just started it. So far it isn't bad. For those of you starting to read Dragonfly In Amber. Don't get discouraged about the way it starts. When I first read it I thought I missed something and went back to Outlander to make sure I didn't miss something. I have a friend who said she couldn't get past her disappointment that Claire was now in the future, so she stopped reading it and never picked it up again. I told her to try again and perhaps skip the chapters until she gets to the part where Claire started to tell the story. Voyager was slower for me I guess I was wanting Claire to hurry up and go back to Jamie.. Drums of Autum and Fiery Cross I really enjoyed because I am so into Early American history, and I can relate to it because Jamie and Claire are living in an area where my ancestors lived. Anyway I can't hardly wait for the next book to come out. HAPPY READING EVERYONE!!

PS Sorry for any mis spellings the spell check won't come up.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
susieq76 
Posted: 04-Feb-2005, 05:50 PM
Quote Post

Queen of the Stars
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacVine

Realm: Middle o' North Carolina

female

I am reading a great book called "Here Be Dragons" by Sharon Penman. It is about Wales in the 13th century - sort of historical fiction.

--------------------
"Alas for those who never sing and die with all their music left in them" - Oliver Wendell Holmes
DesertRose 
Posted: 04-Feb-2005, 07:27 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

Gwenlee! When I first started reading Dragonfly in Amber, I nearly threw the book across the room. I was so mad that it was 20 years into the future and that Jamie and Claire were away from each other for that long. I skipped a few chapters to see if they got back together to be relieved that they had, so I restarted the book from the beginning.

I had a really hard time with The Fiery Cross. I just couldn't get into that book, but I had to find out what happened before the next book comes out. I did enjoy the American history part because my ancestors are from NC too.
DesertRose 
Posted: 04-Feb-2005, 07:28 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

Susie! I have heard really great things about Sharon Penman. I plan to get that series too and learn some things about Wales. I know nothing about that country. Keep me posted on how you like it. smile.gif
Rindy 
Posted: 04-Feb-2005, 08:09 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

female

Ok you two, I am glad I read this before starting the book. I think it would of really made me think what the heck. I gave the other book to my Tai Chi instructor and would of felt stupid if I wanted it back. I am still really excited to start it though. I had someone in class tell me Jamie does die... I hope they didn't really read it.

I thought this fit the subject:

In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but how many can get through to you.

-Mortimer J. Adler
PMEmail Poster               
DesertRose 
Posted: 05-Feb-2005, 12:34 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

Well Mary, DG wrote 5 books in the Outlander series and she has two more in the series to write. Jamie hasn't died yet! I am assuming he will in the 7th book, I just dread the day when I have to read about it. sad.gif
gwenlee 
Posted: 05-Feb-2005, 08:25 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacAlder

female

Well Jamie is not dead so who ever told Rindy that hasn't read the books. I read somewhere that Jamie will be in his eightys when the series ends and DG says it will be a tear jerker. I check out her home page to keep up with whats going on and I think she says she doesn't know how many more books there will be but she has to get through the revolutionary war.

Has anyone read TIME Line? I saw the movie and it was okay, but someone told me that the book was very good. I thought I would read that book when I'm finished with my current book.

catlynelizabeth 
Posted: 05-Feb-2005, 09:49 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Boston

female

I just finished Calder Promise by Janet Daily and am reading Survivor in Death by J.D. Robb. THe first one was okay not great but its the ending of a series I think and the last book in a series always makes me sad. Survivor is turning into a really good book though so I'm happy. biggrin.gif

--------------------
To watch us irish dance is to hear our hearts speak!
Life... is like a grapefruit. It's orange and squishy, and has a few pips in it, and some folks have half a one for breakfast.
Douglas Adams
A woman is like a tea bag- you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.
Eleanor Roosevelt
PMEmail Poster               
gaberlunzie 
Posted: 05-Feb-2005, 01:00 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

QUOTE (gwenlee @ 05-Feb-2005, 08:25 AM)

Has anyone read TIME Line? I saw the movie and it was okay, but someone told me that the book was very good. I thought I would read that book when I'm finished with my current book.

I read "Timeline" and saw the movie also. I agree, the movie was okay so far but the book is much better...give it a try; if you liked the film you will LOVE the book! smile.gif

--------------------
"Now here's my secret", said the fox, "it is very simple. It is only with ones heart that one can see clearly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."

("The Little Prince" by Antoine de Saint-Exupery)

"The soul would have no rainbow, if the eye had no tears."
(Native American Proverb)
celticdragyn 
Posted: 05-Feb-2005, 01:36 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacReed

Realm: Bloomington, IN, but my heart's in Scotland

female

I read "Timeline" and saw the movie also. I agree, the movie was okay so far but the book is much better...give it a try; if you liked the film you will LOVE the book!

I defintely agree. The book was so much better than the movie. There were some things I liked about the movie, but I enjoyed the book much more. Of course, I usually do. tongue.gif

--------------------
Imagination is more important than knowledge.--Albert Einstein
I Believe in Magic
Last time we mixed politics with religion, people got burned at the stake...
The Goddess is alive and Magick is afoot!
Bagpipes spoken here
PMEmail Poster                
DesertRose 
Posted: 05-Feb-2005, 01:37 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

Well Jamie is not dead so who ever told Rindy that hasn't read the books. I read somewhere that Jamie will be in his eightys when the series ends and DG says it will be a tear jerker. I check out her home page to keep up with whats going on and I think she says she doesn't know how many more books there will be but she has to get through the revolutionary war.

Gwenlee! That is the first time I have heard that about Jamie! Oh my! In his 80's, eh? I bet it will be a tear jerker. Oh how I dread that day of reading. Thanks for the update!
Rindy 
Posted: 06-Feb-2005, 05:03 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

female

QUOTE (gwenlee @ 05-Feb-2005, 06:25 AM)

Yes, Yes Yes Jamie doesn't die yet.....anyhow I wondered when my friend said he did. I really enjoyed that first book..

No I haven't read time line. Do you all reccomend it? I am copying all this great info on books. By the time I get done with The Outlander Series I will be in my 80"s
laugh.gif laugh.gif

Read On thumbs_up.gif
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics 2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt