DesertRose 
Posted: 26-Jan-2005, 03:03 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

Realm: The desert of Arizona

female

Monarch! Thanks for the list of Karen Marie Moning's books. Actually, I have them all already to read! I have read Kiss of the Highlander and the Dark Highlander before I knew about her other books. Now I am starting with the first one and going to read the rest of the series. Having been officially introduced to Adam Black now. I know who he is and what he is about. I am half way through Beyond the Highland Mist...............really good book!

--------------------
Fine art & photography by DESERT ROSE IMAGES
http://www.desertrose-images.com
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMy Photo Album               
DesertRose 
Posted: 26-Jan-2005, 03:06 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

QUOTE (gwenlee @ 26-Jan-2005, 12:48 PM)
I'm 3/4 through Lord John Grey. I would have been done with it already but I have been working a lot of overtime at my job, pluse I'm helping plan my daughters wedding, and I went to a Scottish Country Dancing social so I've gotten behind in my reading. So far I've enjoyed the book.

gwenlee! sorry you have been so busy to read. Preparing for your daughter's wedding is a lot of work, not to mention all else you have going on. I enjoyed LJGPM, but it wasn't my favorite Diana Gabaldon book. I did enjoy getting to know John Grey better though and the seedy world of London back then. LOL
gwenlee 
Posted: 26-Jan-2005, 05:41 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacAlder

female

Lord John Grey is not my favorite so far. I guess I've been spoiled by her other books. However I too have learned alot about ther seedy side of London. There is a new book due to come out soon by Julia London. But I don't have time to go into it--I have to go to work. I'll try to get online tomorrow before I go dancing.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
DesertRose 
Posted: 27-Jan-2005, 06:36 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

gwenlee, I just bought a Julia London book today! I have two of her books now. One is called "Highlander Unbound" and the other is "Highlander in Disguise." What is the new one?

I finished "Beyond the Highland Mist" last night and will start "To Tame a Highlander" tonight by the same author, Karen Marie Moning. As you can see, I like reading about Scotsmen. rolleyes.gif
DesertRose 
Posted: 31-Jan-2005, 05:31 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

Finished "To Tame a Highland Warrior"..........really great book and series I am reading. Now I am in the third in the series, "The Highlander's Touch."
Colin 
Posted: 31-Jan-2005, 05:40 PM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacReed

male

QUOTE (gwenlee @ 26-Jan-2005, 05:41 PM)
Lord John Grey is not my favorite so far. I guess I've been spoiled by her other books. However I too have learned alot about ther seedy side of London. There is a new book due to come out soon by Julia London. But I don't have time to go into it--I have to go to work. I'll try to get online tomorrow before I go dancing.

I didn't care for John Grey at all. It didn't have the excitment of the Outlander series, and let's face it, a gay English aristocrat nevre makes as good a hero as a strapping young Scotsman (no offence meant). I found it hard to root for him as the hero of the book. I was very indiffernet and couldn't care less about the outcome. I was very happy to have a 3 chapter preview of the next outlander book.

start "To Tame a Highlander" tonight by the same author, Karen Marie Moning. As you can see, I like reading about Scotsmen. 

All right, I'll admit it. My wife bought that one and told me I would like it. Personnaly it was a little bit too much of a bodice ripper for me to get into, but she loved it.

--------------------
Happily Celtic, Proudly Canadian
LUCEO NON URO
PMEmail Poster               
BoggleBoy 
Posted: 01-Feb-2005, 12:12 AM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

ZodiacVine

Realm: Troy, Ohio

male

I am currently trying to Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell by Susanna Clarke.... and MAN does it take it's sweet time to get going! I think maybe the author thinks a bit too much of herself... but that is just a guess. I'll stick with this book 'til the bitter end (mostly because I went and bought the bloody thing in hard back at a good friends recommendation) but it is a bit of a sleeper.....

--------------------
As above, so below...

All things are connected.

Visit me at my web site and come play at the Hedge- http://www.kevinbuntin.com/
PMEmail PosterUsers Website               
DesertRose 
Posted: 01-Feb-2005, 06:33 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

Colin, you read the Outlander series? I know a lot of men who have read the series and really liked it. Lord John Grey was not one of my favorite characters in the books, but I did read the LJG book because I wanted to read all of Gabaldon's books and learn a little more about John Grey. I heard there was another one out, Lord John Grey and the Succubus. I don't know if I will read that one or not. Looking very forward to the new Outlander book too!

your wife likes Karen Marie Moning books, eh? Yeah, they are all bodice rippers, but I am enjoying the entertainment after having read all the intensity of Gabaldon's books. I thought it was interesting reading about a Berserker. Never had heard of the legend of them before.
Colin 
Posted: 01-Feb-2005, 06:57 PM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacReed

male

QUOTE (CelticRose @ 01-Feb-2005, 06:33 PM)
Colin, you read the Outlander series? I know a lot of men who have read the series and really liked it. Lord John Grey was not one of my favorite characters in the books, but I did read the LJG book because I wanted to read all of Gabaldon's books and learn a little more about John Grey. I heard there was another one out, Lord John Grey and the Succubus. I don't know if I will read that one or not. Looking very forward to the new Outlander book too!

your wife likes Karen Marie Moning books, eh? Yeah, they are all bodice rippers, but I am enjoying the entertainment after having read all the intensity of Gabaldon's books. I thought it was interesting reading about a Berserker. Never had heard of the legend of them before.

Yeah, I have read the whole series. My wife was reading the first book while on holiday in Scotland a few years back, and I picked it up on the flight home. A good series of books, and historically interesting.
PMEmail Poster               
gwenlee 
Posted: 01-Feb-2005, 07:46 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacAlder

female

Hey CelticRose
The new book by Julia London is the new book you bought. I read the release date was 1/25/05 but so far I haven't been able to find it. I'm going to Barnes and Nobles tomorrow hopefully they will have it in. I've read all of the Highlander series by Karen Moning, The Dark Highlander was the first book I read, then the Immortal Highlander, then I read the rest of them in order. My favorite was the Immortal Highlander, I like Adam Black and his story. Have you read the series by Janet Chapman? They were pretty good.

I have to say I struggled through the rest of Lord John Grey. I found parts of it good, but without Jamie and Clare it wasn't the same. I have to say that Jamie makes a better hero than Lord John Grey. John Grey reminds me of a nurse I use to work with very nice looking, good listener and a girls best friend, and he was a protector, but you know there is no way that John Grey can compare with Jamie and even though I'm sure John Grey was better looking than Jamie, well lets just say an English man in pants pales when compared to a Scots man in a kilt or pants.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
DesertRose 
Posted: 02-Feb-2005, 07:10 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

Gwen! I got the new Julia London book at Wal-mart of all places. It was in paperback, so I assumed it was not new. Have you read her work before? I have three of Janet Chapman's books but have yet to read them. I have a library full of books that I have not read, all Scottish and Irish romance books! rolleyes.gif I also like Julie Garwood.

Colin, I am part of the Ladies of Lallybroch site where we talk about the Outlander series. There are several men who are on the site too! I could get the link for you, if you or your wife is interested. I loved reading all the history in the Outlander series, Scottish and American history. Although I admit that I was sad when they left Scotland. Another series you might be interested in is the Into the Wilderness series by Sara Donati. I hear she writes like Gabaldon and the history and story is really good too.
Shadows 
Posted: 02-Feb-2005, 11:11 PM
Quote Post

Reader of souls, vision seeker, TROLL
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: The frontier of Penn's Woods

male

Currently reading the " Da Vinci Code " for the second time.
This work along with the other 2 I suggested sometime ago ( " The Celestine Prophesies" and " The Tenth Insite" ) are must reads for those who call themselves literarily knowledgeable.

The answer to the future lays in the past.

--------------------
I support the separation of church and hate!

IMAGINATION - the freest and largest nation in the world!

One can not profess to be of "GOD" and show intolerence and prejudice towards the beliefs of others.

Am fear nach gleidh na h–airm san t–sith, cha bhi iad aige ’n am a’ chogaidh.
He that keeps not his arms in time of peace will have none in time of war.

"We're all in this together , in the parking lot between faith and fear" ... O.C.M.S.

“Beasts feed; man eats; only the man of intellect knows how to eat well.”

"Without food we are nothing, without history we are lost." - SHADOWS

Is iomadh duine laghach a mhill an Creideamh.
Religion has spoiled many a good man.

The clan MacEwen
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               
Colin 
Posted: 03-Feb-2005, 12:21 PM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacReed

male

QUOTE (Shadows @ 02-Feb-2005, 11:11 PM)
Currently reading the " Da Vinci Code " for the second time.

Loved it! Despite all the religious content that seems to be pissing people off, it was a great murder mystery. Apparently Angels and Demons is better though.
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 03-Feb-2005, 12:45 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

female

Well Rose, I finally finished the outlander. I loved the entire book. I really liked the ending. She is a fantastic author. I will now start Dragonfly Amber. book.gif

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
DesertRose 
Posted: 03-Feb-2005, 03:16 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

Glad to hear that Mary! Anxious to hear what you think of the beginning of Dragonfly in Amber now! wink.gif
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
©2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics ©2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt