ebendigo 
Posted: 04-Jan-2005, 06:44 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Baltimore, Maryland USA

male

Right now I'm throughly enjoying "Timeline" by Michael Crichton. I didn't see the movie and I hear it's not that good. If you enjoy science fiction you will probably enjoy reading "Timeline".

-E beer_mug.gif
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
WizardofOwls 
Posted: 04-Jan-2005, 10:05 PM
Quote Post

Wanderer and Vagabond

ZodiacVine

Realm: Wytheville, Virginia

male

I am still reading Glorious Appearing, the lasst book in the Left Behind series by Tim LaHaye and Jerry B. Jenkins. As soon as I finish that, I'll be reading Apocalypse Burning by Mel Odom, the 3rd book in a military Left Behind spin-off. Wonderful books! I highly recommend them!

--------------------
Sln agus beannachd,
Allen R. Alderman

'S i Alba tr mo chridhe. 'S i Gidhlig cnan m' anama.
Scotland is the land of my heart. Gaelic is the language of my soul.
WizardofOwls 
Posted: 04-Jan-2005, 10:07 PM
Quote Post

Wanderer and Vagabond

ZodiacVine

Realm: Wytheville, Virginia

male

QUOTE (ebendigo @ 04-Jan-2005, 07:44 PM)
Right now I'm throughly enjoying "Timeline" by Michael Crichton. I didn't see the movie and I hear it's not that good. If you enjoy science fiction you will probably enjoy reading "Timeline".

-E beer_mug.gif

ebendigo,

The only Micheal Crichton book I ever read was the Andromeda Strain, which I really liked! By the way, I like your avatar!
gwenlee 
Posted: 05-Jan-2005, 07:29 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacAlder

female

Hello Celticrose

I think I'll try that site. I read the last book by Karen Mooning the Immortal Highlander and it is good. So far I'm enjoying A Private matter.

Oh bye the way Rindy 1202 and Celticrose we may not be spring chickens but I wouldn't consider any of us "up in age".

Gwen
Monarchs Own 
Posted: 05-Jan-2005, 08:38 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

Realm: Phenix City, AL - back in the good ole USA

female

Right now I am reading

The Legend MacKinnon by Donna Kauffman.

Here is the background:

Three centuries ago in Scotland a curse was born of the long-standing feud between the the Claren and the MacKinnon clans.
Now generations later, destiny has decreed that three women, the last of the Claren line, be granted one final chance to set things right.

Maggie, Cailean and Delaney Claren are three cousins who grow up unaware of one another - until an inheritance brings them together. Now mysterious journals and the deed to and ancient Scottish castle will bring them face-to-face with the warriors at the heart of the MacKinnon family, three brothers sentenced to cruel fates by a terrible curse. Duncan is trapped in the form of a ghost, Rory must live an immortal live alone and Alexander has been wrenched by time from the past to the present, with no way back. Ferociously compelling, dangerously relentless, they are bound by no mortal laws - except desire for the three Claren women. The journals speak of one key that can break the powerful spell. And finding that key will plunge them all into a world of unforeseeable danger and tantalizing desire....

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
susieq76 
Posted: 05-Jan-2005, 12:18 PM
Quote Post

Queen of the Stars
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacVine

Realm: Middle o' North Carolina

female

I am reading a fabulous book called "Eragon" by Christopher Paolini. I am loving it so far.

--------------------
"Alas for those who never sing and die with all their music left in them" - Oliver Wendell Holmes
DesertRose 
Posted: 05-Jan-2005, 02:58 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: The desert of Arizona

female

QUOTE (gwenlee @ 05-Jan-2005, 07:29 AM)
Hello Celticrose

I think I'll try that site. I read the last book by Karen Mooning the Immortal Highlander and it is good. So far I'm enjoying A Private matter.

Oh bye the way Rindy 1202 and Celticrose we may not be spring chickens but I wouldn't consider any of us "up in age".

Gwen

Would be great to see you there gwenlee. It is just us ladies on a yahoo group discussing the Outlander books and we are deep in topic right now about........oops! I better not say cause it would ruin it for Rindy! I am glad you are enjoying The Private Matter. I have 10 more chapters of the Fiery Cross to read and I am then done!

Thanks for your encouragement about our ages, Gwenlee! We can still enjoy a good book about hunky men, eh?

--------------------
Fine art & photography by DESERT ROSE IMAGES
http://www.desertrose-images.com
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMy Photo Album               
gaberlunzie 
Posted: 05-Jan-2005, 03:30 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

QUOTE (ebendigo @ 04-Jan-2005, 06:44 PM)
Right now I'm throughly enjoying "Timeline" by Michael Crichton.  I didn't see the movie and I hear it's not that good.  If you enjoy science fiction you will probably enjoy reading "Timeline".

-E beer_mug.gif

I agree with you, ebendigo. I didn't like the movie too much but I definitely love the book!!

--------------------
"Now here's my secret", said the fox, "it is very simple. It is only with ones heart that one can see clearly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."

("The Little Prince" by Antoine de Saint-Exupery)

"The soul would have no rainbow, if the eye had no tears."
(Native American Proverb)
Lil 
Posted: 06-Jan-2005, 11:21 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Wales
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Spring Hill, Florida, USA

female

Current read is "Atlantis Found" by Clive Cussler.
I was actually surprised when I started reading one of his books, which I actually buy for the hubby, lol, that I liked it so much, of course, I should have had a clue, I love Raise The Titanic, a cussler movie, from his book!

I have read "Timeline", too, and I did like it, because it had more detail, but I will have to confess that I did like the movie, too.
I also read, "Eaters of the Dead", by Michael Crichton, but I have to say that it was very hard for me to get through the book. Though again, I love the movie that was made from it, "The Thirteenth Warrior".

I tend to be kinda eclectic when it comes to reading, I'll try anything once!

Lil
PMEmail Poster               
Monarchs Own 
Posted: 08-Jan-2005, 08:00 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

Realm: Phenix City, AL - back in the good ole USA

female

and I am on to the next book

The Blue Viking by Sandra Hill. Hope it turns out to be as good as The Very Virile Viking - now that was a good book to read.

PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
DesertRose 
Posted: 08-Jan-2005, 06:04 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

I finally finished The Fiery Cross by Diana Gabaldon. I had a hard time getting through this book, but I did it and it did get better as I went along. The ending was so sweet between the two main characters and other things happened that made the ending good too. Now I am reading the author's latest book, Lord John Grey and the Private Matter. I am in Chapter 4 so not sure if I like it yet or not. I am missing the main characters from Diana G's other books greatly so I am having to adjust, I guess.
phoenix07 
Posted: 08-Jan-2005, 06:19 PM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

ZodiacBirch

Realm: DXB

female

funny, but.. im reading my communications & networking text book for my final exam on monday if you want to know!! not interesting at all!!
once im in vacation i have to read loads of books bout ecommerce & biz plans, because ive joined the ebiz challenge !! laugh.gif
the last book i have read was paul findley's "silent no more".. i would go get "they dare to speak?" later on .. hate politics but hes telling the hidden truth anyway smile.gif

--------------------
"May your mind be master of its vow; may your soul be master of its vow; and may you live on in the joy of your soul all the nights of your life."
user posted image
Vd. 18.27
PMEmail PosterUsers Website                
Rindy 
Posted: 08-Jan-2005, 06:25 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

female

QUOTE (CelticRose @ 08-Jan-2005, 04:04 PM)
I finally finished The Fiery Cross by Diana Gabaldon. I had a hard time getting through this book, but I did it and it did get better as I went along. The ending was so sweet between the two main characters and other things happened that made the ending good too. Now I am reading the author's latest book, Lord John Grey and the Private Matter. I am in Chapter 4 so not sure if I like it yet or not. I am missing the main characters from Diana G's other books greatly so I am having to adjust, I guess.

I am about finished with the outlander. I have been on this board so much I haven't had a chance to finish it. Rose do you think the Fiery Cross was worth it? Man that is a large book. It will be awhile before I get to that one. I can't wait to hold another one of her books. She is good. Have a great evening nice to hear from you again.

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
DesertRose 
Posted: 08-Jan-2005, 06:47 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

Rindy, as hard as the Fiery Cross was for me to get through it at first, it ended up being worth the read. If you are going to read the Outlander series by Diana, you must read The Fiery Cross.............as big as it is! Some parts I thought were a waste of time, but then I was reading through it so fast that I missed out on a lot and I bet when I re-read the series I will enjoy it all the more the second time around. Plus, Diana is coming out this year with book 6 in the series and you have to know what is going to happen in that book to our Jamie and Claire! Let me know when you finish Outlander and start on Dragonfly in Amber and let me know what you think.
Rindy 
Posted: 08-Jan-2005, 08:22 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

female

Deffie Macomber- has anyone hear of her? I recently received the book When Christmas comes. Just wonder if it is good or not.

book.gif
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics , Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt