Richard Bercot 
Posted: 21-Dec-2004, 03:54 PM
Quote Post

House of Hardy
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacAsh

male

Since I have last Posted in here I have finished 2 books.

"Nymph Fishing for Chalk Stream Trout" by G.E.M. Skues
and
"The Soft Hackled Fly Addict" by Sylvester Nemes

Currently I am reading a very interesting book called:
"North American Maple Syrup Producers Manual" Bulletin 856, Produced by; Ohio State University Extension, Section of Communications and Technology.
Well at least I enjoy it. I have been making Maple Syrup for 13 years and I am looking forward to it again this February. I have already started getting my gear together. biggrin.gif

--------------------
May your days be filled with Merriment and May you walk in Balance with Creator.

"For every day you fish, you live another day"
PMEmail Poster                
freekenny 
Posted: 21-Dec-2004, 04:01 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacWillow

Realm: Beaches of North Carolina & Mountains of Kentucky

female

O'siyo Richard,
~ Wow! 13 years of making Maple Syrup..that is way kewl! I dated a gentleman in Vermont and well, need I say more? lol.gif His father owns several acres where they 'produce'/'collect' Maple Syrup..I just love watching the trees being tapped and the buckets hanging from the trees..it was a really awesome experience for me! The weather was freezing cold but, the 'air' of it all was just so, well, Rockwell for lack of any other word! tongue.gif Plus I am a Maple Syrup junkie for fact! I hope you have much much luck with your Maple Syrup this coming year..by the way, do you sell it? Would love to purchase some if you do! Please, please tell me you package it in tin? rolleyes.gif
~~Sty-U red_bandana.gif

--------------------
I always knew one day I would travel this road;I just did not know that today would be the day....

'Each man is good in his sight. It is not necessary for eagles to be crows' --Sitting Bull

'Why do you take by force what you could obtain by love?'
--Powhatan

'HeartAches mend, HeartBreaks are everlasting'-- my own quote, seeker
PMEmail Poster               
Richard Bercot 
Posted: 21-Dec-2004, 04:46 PM
Quote Post

House of Hardy
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacAsh

male

QUOTE (freekenny @ 21-Dec-2004, 04:01 PM)
I hope you have much much luck with your Maple Syrup this coming year..by the way, do you sell it? Would love to purchase some if you do! Please, please tell me you package it in tin? rolleyes.gif
~~Sty-U red_bandana.gif

freekenny,

In the Past we have not sold any of it. We have several Tribal people who work at bringing it in and cooking it down. It is then divided up between those who work on it and some of our elders who are close by. We have also, in the Past, given it away to Chiefs of other Nations. It is my understanding that we are planning to sell some of it this year, but that is still to be seen. unsure.gif We have not yet worked on the Marketing part of it yet. I will try to remember to let you know if and when we do decide to sell any of it.

But like you, I am a Maple Syrup Junkie too. tongue.gif After eating the real thing, I cannot stand the taste of the Store bought stuff. yucky.gif
PMEmail Poster                
urian 
Posted: 31-Dec-2004, 11:07 AM
Quote Post

heretic. lurker in the shadows
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Texas

male

right now I am rereading a book call Underground Education. Its filled with tons of information that many of us should have learned in school but didnt. Everythign from science to business to religion to sex to..well..everything is in this book. A must read for anyone who likes to have a lot of trivial pursuit style info in their noggin or anyone who likes freethought.

I also recomend 20 years of cencored news.

--------------------
'Dying for being different is still better than living as a Sheep'-anon
PMEmail Poster               
Dugadelphia 
Posted: 31-Dec-2004, 11:32 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

Realm: The Pacific Northwest...land of tall trees, blue water, software and endless lattes

male

I recieved Jimmy Buffett's new book A Salty Piece of Land for my birthday and The Da Vinci Code for Christmas, so those are on my short list. I am also itching to start the Patrick O'Brian books, which my uncle highly recommends.

--------------------
Welcome to the Machine...
PMEmail Poster               
DesertRose 
Posted: 31-Dec-2004, 04:28 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: The desert of Arizona

female

I am back reading The Fiery Cross by Diana Gabaldon. It is the fifth book in the "Outlander Series." The author is coming out with the sixth book in the series after the new year and so I figured I had better finish the fifth! I had a hard time getting into this book at first but forced myself to try and finish it and now it is getting better and better and hard to put down.

--------------------
Fine art & photography by DESERT ROSE IMAGES
http://www.desertrose-images.com
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMy Photo Album               
Rindy 
Posted: 31-Dec-2004, 07:15 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

female

QUOTE (CelticRose @ 31-Dec-2004, 02:28 PM)
I am back reading The Fiery Cross by Diana Gabaldon. It is the fifth book in the "Outlander Series." The author is coming out with the sixth book in the series after the new year and so I figured I had better finish the fifth! I had a hard time getting into this book at first but forced myself to try and finish it and now it is getting better and better and hard to put down.

I am only in the middle of the Outlander. I really like the book. Just haven't had a lot of time for reading. I have the other four books to go. The Fiery
Cross is the biggest of all of the books. I have a way to go let me know when you finish it if it is worth it or not. This Jamie person is really something...

Have a Happy New
Rindy
PMEmail Poster               
maryellen 
Posted: 31-Dec-2004, 07:30 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: England
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Saint Louis, Missouri, USA

female

I was rereading the "Battle for Christmas" by Stephen Nissenbaum a week ago. Now I am almost finished with "Made in America" by Bill Bryson. Since that book is almost finished I also started reading "Born to Buy". It is about how corporations are targeting children. How "Seventeen" magazine targets pre-teens and a movie productiion company got in lots of trouble for targeting a rated R movie at 9-11 year olds. The "tweens" are getting more and more purchasing power for themselves as well as suggestions for the parents. So, they target the ads at them like crazy.

--------------------
Seize the time,. . .live now, make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again- Star Trek TNG

"The report of my death was an exaggeration."
-Mark Twain, After reading his own obituary, June 2, 1897

If you ever have a world, plan ahead, don't eat it! - Star Trek TNG
PMEmail Poster               
DesertRose 
Posted: 01-Jan-2005, 02:10 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

QUOTE (Rindy1202 @ 31-Dec-2004, 07:15 PM)
I am only in the middle of the Outlander. I really like the book. Just haven't had a lot of time for reading. I have the other four books to go. The Fiery
Cross is the biggest of all of the books. I have a way to go let me know when you finish it if it is worth it or not. This Jamie person is really something...

Have a Happy New
Rindy

Rindy is this your first time reading the Outlander book and series? I guarantee you will be hooked. The Fiery Cross is the hardest book to get into as it starts off slow, but once it gets moving, then you can't put it down either. Plus, you have to finish the story before the sixth and seventh books come out in the series too! wink.gif Let me know when you finish Outlander and what you thought about it! And Jamie is really something and he gets better! You'll want a Jamie for yourself before it is all over! biggrin.gif

Happy New Year!
gwenlee 
Posted: 01-Jan-2005, 05:07 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacAlder

female

I'm reading Lord John and the Private Matter by Diana Gabaldon. The book also has a sneak preview of the next book A Breath of Snow and Ashes. I am anxiously awaiting for that book to come out.

I've only started to read The Private matter so I can't give you an opinion yet, but I'll let you know.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
DesertRose 
Posted: 01-Jan-2005, 05:20 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

Hi Gwenlee! I have the Private Matter book too. I have it all ready to read next after I finish the Fiery Cross. I cannot wait for the book, Of Breath of Snow and Ashes to come out either! I have had the pleasure of meeting the author last February at the local highland games. She is supposed to be there again this February and I hope to be there to have her sign more of my books and also find out better when ABOSA comes out! Do you have the OUtlandish Companion? That is a great book to read along the Outlander series as it has all her notes in there on how she came to writing certain parts and her research.
Rindy 
Posted: 01-Jan-2005, 08:40 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

female

QUOTE (CelticRose @ 01-Jan-2005, 12:10 PM)
QUOTE (Rindy1202 @ 31-Dec-2004, 07:15 PM)
I am only in the middle of the Outlander.  I really like the book.  Just haven't had a lot of time for reading.  I have the other four books to go.  The Fiery
Cross is the biggest of all of the books.  I have a way to go let me know when you finish it if it is worth it or not.  This Jamie person is really something...

Have a Happy New
Rindy

Rindy is this your first time reading the Outlander book and series? I guarantee you will be hooked. The Fiery Cross is the hardest book to get into as it starts off slow, but once it gets moving, then you can't put it down either. Plus, you have to finish the story before the sixth and seventh books come out in the series too! wink.gif Let me know when you finish Outlander and what you thought about it! And Jamie is really something and he gets better! You'll want a Jamie for yourself before it is all over! biggrin.gif

Happy New Year!

Hi Rose,
Yes this is the first I have read of the series. I thought you discribed the books very well. I am getting up there in age and not sure I could handle a Jamie, Ahh but then again laugh.gif Did I here you say 7? I best get to readin..
PMEmail Poster               
gwenlee 
Posted: 02-Jan-2005, 10:03 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacAlder

female

Hi CelticRose

I have the Outlandish Companion. You are so lucky to have met the author in person. I am hoping when the next book comes out she will do a book tour and come to the Atlanta area. I am new to her works. A friend of mine saw I was reading Karen Monings book and said if I liked time travel and Scotland then I had to read this book called Outlander. She was suppose to bring me the book but kept forgetting it so I bought the book myself. I read the book in about 3-4 days it was so good. I finished the series in a very short time. I have to admit I took my time with last book Fiery Cross because I didn't want it to end. I told my friend it was like saying goodbye to old friends.

My 14 year old has read the Outlandish Companion and wants to read the series. I going to let her, she's mature for her age so I think it will be okay. She thinks Jamie is so cool, and says her dad is a lot like him in personality. I don't think there is a female (regardless of age) that isn't impressed with Jamie.

PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
DesertRose 
Posted: 02-Jan-2005, 03:46 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

Gwenlee! I lived in the Atlanta area for 14 years! beautiful there! I hope Diana Gabaldon graces you with a book tour there when her next book comes out. I am lucky in that I live only an hour from her here in Arizona. I am nearing the end of the Fiery Cross. I should finish it either tonight or tomorrow. Then I will read Lord John Grey and the Private Matter next. I have read two of Karen Marie Moning's books. I have all of the series, but so far only read The Dark Highlander and The Kiss of the Highlander. Very good books. Her new book just came out and I plan to read that one until DG's ABOSA book comes out.

I am part of a yahoo discussion group about Diana Gabaldon and the Outlander series. It is all us women in there. If you are interested in joining us here is the site addy. Come join us! http://groups.yahoo.com/group/outlander/

Rindy, I am up there in age too, but Jamie gets older in the books too, so you will love him all the more!
Rindy 
Posted: 02-Jan-2005, 08:32 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

female

hmmmm sounds good Rose. I may be in the grave before I get a chance to read it. May be on my trip I will be able to read! I think the description of the time and the area are the best. Fun book! smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics 2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt