Posted: 30-Nov-2004, 04:31 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacWillow

Realm: Beaches of North Carolina & Mountains of Kentucky

female

O'siyo,
~ Well from another Forum, Dreamer inadvertently sparked my interest in a book that I continue to pick up from tyme to tyme, The Complete Book of Incense, Oils & Brews by Scott Cunningham..it's a 'cookbook' of sorts that teaches and allows plenty of room for experimentation and personalization while working with herbs..thats just one factor of the book tongue.gif It's really interesting for any of you that are wanting to find out about brews and herbs and how to use them for their fullest potential..
~~Sty-U red_bandana.gif

--------------------
I always knew one day I would travel this road;I just did not know that today would be the day....

'Each man is good in his sight. It is not necessary for eagles to be crows' --Sitting Bull

'Why do you take by force what you could obtain by love?'
--Powhatan

'HeartAches mend, HeartBreaks are everlasting'-- my own quote, seeker
PMEmail Poster               
susieq76 
Posted: 30-Nov-2004, 05:47 PM
Quote Post

Queen of the Stars
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacVine

Realm: Middle o' North Carolina

female

I am reading an incredible book called "A City of Bells" by Elizabeth Goudge. Her style of writing is just superb. She describes things in a way that stirs my soul, and brings tears to my eyes - kind of the way I have always seen them, and yet was unable to vocalize.

Very cool. The edition I have only says 1936, so I am unsure whether that was the original published date. But I have been getting into the classics, and older books, so this one is a goodie if anyone else is looking into books of that category smile.gif

--------------------
"Alas for those who never sing and die with all their music left in them" - Oliver Wendell Holmes
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
gaberlunzie 
Posted: 03-Dec-2004, 02:07 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

At the moment I'm reading "SEVEV ARROWS" by Hyemoyohsts Storm. This book is about the Medicine Wheel and Native American Spirituality and to my mind probably the best example for the oral tradition put in a narrative prose. It's ...awesome!

--------------------
"Now here's my secret", said the fox, "it is very simple. It is only with ones heart that one can see clearly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."

("The Little Prince" by Antoine de Saint-Exupery)

"The soul would have no rainbow, if the eye had no tears."
(Native American Proverb)
gaberlunzie 
Posted: 03-Dec-2004, 02:09 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

*edit*
rolleyes.gif Of course the title is "SEVEN ARROWS"...sorry for the typo.
HeatherMarie 
Posted: 03-Dec-2004, 03:07 PM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacVine

Realm: Grand Rapids, MI

female

A few, actually. I'm just about finished with It's Not About the Bike by Lance Armstrong, I'm a few chapter into Holy Blood, Holy Grail, and I'm 4 chapters into The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

--------------------
"Please your Majesty," said the Knave, "I didn't write it, and they can't prove I did: there's no name signed at the end."

"If you didn't sign it," said the King, "that only makes the matter worse. You must have meant some mischief, or else you'd have signed your name like an honest man."

-Alice in Wonderland
PMEmail PosterUsers Website                
Rindy 
Posted: 11-Dec-2004, 12:11 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

female

I am reading Diana Gabaldon The Outlander, Rose you wanted to know where I am in the book. I am right where she is marrying Jamie. I love the book so far thank you. It is one that is hard to put down. smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
bigjimhainey 
Posted: 11-Dec-2004, 12:38 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHawthorn

Realm: South Mississippi

male

I usually read about 4 or 5 books at a time. depending on where i set the one i was last reading and what mood im in. right now im rereading the hitchiker series (got the hardback edition with all of them in it biggrin.gif ), complete idiots guide to irish history and culture, the all in one game designers book, Fellowship of the ring, and i think thats all the ones im currently reading. i havea few more floating around here that i am reading but cant find or dont wanna finish.

--------------------
ERIN GO BRAGH

Beware the Celtic Storm

Big Jim Hainey
seadreamer 
Posted: 11-Dec-2004, 01:18 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

male

Kemma da har a hoolidoonia?

How is everyone out there? Greetings from the byootiful Boyne River in Manitoba. I am currently reading two books - No Great Mischief by Canada's Alaistair McLeod. A Great book and I am reading it for the second time. Love the Gaelic in that book. Does anyone on this list know any great Gaelic online teaching resources? There used to be one by Eileen MacKenzie of Strathpeffer but it looks like the archived lessons have been taken off line. I would love to have that resource again.

I am also reading "Dead Man Walking".

Do let me know anyone if you know of Gaelic resources on the net.

GMD

--------------------
I will give you an example which I have often puzzled over. The spider dances her web without knowing there are flies who will get caught in it. The fly, dancing nonchalantly on a sunbeam, gets caught without knowing what lies in store. But through both of them "It" dances and inside and outside are united in this dance. So too, the Archer hits the target without having aimed - more I cannot say.

Zen in the Art of Archery
PMEmail Poster               
MacAibhistin 
Posted: 12-Dec-2004, 07:43 PM
Quote Post

Knight of the Round Table

ZodiacOak

Realm: northern Canada - somewhere between the treeline and civilisation

male

I am currently reading the last batch of a whole pile of assignments from my grade 4s and 5s. Thank goodness it is the week before Christmas break! The last month or so was very busy. sad.gif

Rory MacA
PMEmail Poster               
DesertRose 
Posted: 13-Dec-2004, 03:30 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: The desert of Arizona

female

Seadreamer! Welcome! There is a language forum on the site here with some Irish or Scots Gaelic to learn. Danann is in charge of that. Just go to the bottom here and scroll to Gaelic languages and click on that and you should find some help! Have fun!

--------------------
Fine art & photography by DESERT ROSE IMAGES
http://www.desertrose-images.com
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMy Photo Album               
greenldydragon 
Posted: 13-Dec-2004, 03:37 PM
Quote Post

Mistress of Dragons
Group Icon

Group: Wales
ZodiacHazel

female

I'm just about to start reading Kushiel's Chosen...enjoyed Kushiel's Dart though when I read so hope this one will be as good!

--------------------
DRAGON BLESSING

May dragons bring you wealth
and guard your treasures
May they banish darkness and enlighten you
May female dragons grant you inner power
May the Dragon Queen
neutralize your enemies
May Dragon Spirits
give you power over Elementals
May weather dragons
bring rain at your request
May Ti'amat effect the changes you command
May Ishtar grant you Dragon Power
May Ishtar grant you Dragon Power
PMEmail Poster               
Nansaidh 
Posted: 13-Dec-2004, 10:19 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacReed

Realm: Bakersfield, CA

female

There are two great series of books. One is from J. Ardian Lee about a young man from Tenn. who goes back to 18th century Scotland. There are 4 books in this series. The first is "Son of the Sword". Very good books, I've read them three times.
The second series is by Juliet Marillier called the "Sevenwaters Trilogy". Its set in Ireland. The first of this series is called "Daughter of the Forest". If anyone has read them, I'd love to hear what you think of them. If no one has read them, you may want to give them a go. Enjoy!
PMEmail Poster               
catlynelizabeth 
Posted: 13-Dec-2004, 10:39 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Boston

female

I read the "Sevenwaters Triology" and absolutely loved them. I read them this past summer and couldnt put them down. I think I started to read them out of order but still loved them and was like what happened what happened.

Currently I am between books but I just finished reading Green Grass, Running Water by Thomas King and have recently ordered some J. D. Robb books through my library at home to read over vacation.

--------------------
To watch us irish dance is to hear our hearts speak!
Life... is like a grapefruit. It's orange and squishy, and has a few pips in it, and some folks have half a one for breakfast.
Douglas Adams
A woman is like a tea bag- you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.
Eleanor Roosevelt
PMEmail Poster               
Monarchs Own 
Posted: 14-Dec-2004, 12:15 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

Realm: Phenix City, AL - back in the good ole USA

female

Right now I read again the Heralds of Valdemar Trilogy.

Finished yesterday Arrows of the Queen and I am halfway through Arrow's Flight and hope by tomorrow will be half way through Arrow's Fall again.

After that I probably will get through my new collection of classics.

I got a 6 books Romance Classic Collection Box with books from Jane Austen and others.

But not sure what I will feel like. Might just get through some other books!

It's time for Christmas - I need a fresh book supply!

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
freekenny 
Posted: 14-Dec-2004, 03:04 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Beaches of North Carolina & Mountains of Kentucky

female

QUOTE (gaberlunzie @ 03-Dec-2004, 02:07 PM)
At the moment I'm reading "SEVEV ARROWS" by Hyemoyohsts Storm. This book is about the Medicine Wheel and Native American Spirituality and to my mind probably the best example for the oral tradition put in a narrative prose. It's ...awesome!

O'siyo gaberlunzie,
~ NI YA WE for putting me on the path of what sounds like a splendid book!! rolleyes.gif *going on the search*
~~ Okay, I 'finished' The Tibetan Book of the Dead'..I must say, this book had me in a very debative mood lol.gif Imagine that eh?...thats the beauty of Philosophy and Psychology, it always leaves room for an intelligent debate and much research.. wine.gif
~ A dear O'ginalli sent me a book that I have been wanting to read for quite some tyme...The Name of the Rose, Umberto Eco....I believe this book will be a challenge to an already inqusitive mind..My O'ginalli also sent me another book by Umberto Eco, Foucault's Pendulum...
~~ Other than one of my 'babies', pets, but they don't like to be called that lol.gif sitting on my lap, there is nothing better than sitting in front of the fireplace on a snowy day reading a good book! book.gif
~~Sty-U red_bandana.gif
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics 2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt