Aon_Daonna 
Posted: 18-Feb-2004, 12:03 PM
Quote Post

The Wolf Lady

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Fife, Scotland

female

I don't own any myself yet I always borrow them from Craigs Auntie... but he's great. I read the first one some time ago and it just hooked me from his writing style and the story.... apart from the fact that I love crime-novels anyway =)

--------------------
Moderator: The Playground (RPG)

Carpe Jugulum
Carved with a twisted smile
An epitaph for sorrow
Sethian - Epitaph

If anybody wants a costum signature, pm me!
PMEmail Poster               
DesertRose 
Posted: 19-Feb-2004, 12:16 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: The desert of Arizona

female

Cat! I know you were joking! I just got a kick out of it as I know you love romance novels...........not! wink.gif laugh.gif

Well that gives me a start cause while he will be there with DG and a friend of mine from Scotland told me about him, I thought I oughta get one of his books too, especially if it is going to be autographed and the author is from Scotland.

We're still working on the luncheon thing with DG and IR. Haven't heard back from DG yet, so we are anxiously still awaiting! dribble.gif

--------------------
Fine art & photography by DESERT ROSE IMAGES
http://www.desertrose-images.com
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMy Photo Album               
DesertRose 
Posted: 28-Feb-2004, 04:03 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

Well, I just got home from the Arizona Scottish Highland Games. A lot was happening there, but the main reason I went for was to meet my favorite author, Diana Gabaladon. She was two hours late cool.gif but once she got there, it was a real pleasure. She was very sweet and very approachable. Signed and personalized three of my books............yippee! She is going to write two more books to go with the Outlander series, a sequel to the Lord John Grey book, another Scottish romance in relation to some characters that were in Outlander, then she is done with Scottish romance and going into being a mystery writer. sad.gif

Anyway it was fun. I even sat down and had a Scottish meat pie while I was there. Don't know how authentic it was,but I had a wee tastes o Scotland today. Oh those pipers and drums playing Scotland the Brave! And the weather could not have been more perfect! thumbs_up.gif

Just had to share.
maggiemahone1 
Posted: 28-Feb-2004, 05:49 PM
Quote Post

High Queen of Ireland

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern West Virginia

female

I'm glad you enjoyed yourself, CelticRose!

maggiemahone1
PMEmail PosterUsers Website                View My Space Profile.
DesertRose 
Posted: 28-Feb-2004, 05:56 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

Thanks Maggie! Wish you could have been there with me. You have read her books too, haven't you?
maggiemahone1 
Posted: 28-Feb-2004, 09:01 PM
Quote Post

High Queen of Ireland

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern West Virginia

female

I'll have to look into my many books and check it out. Sometimer's sitting in every now and then! unsure.gif I have read so many books and I can't remember all the authors.

maggiemahone1
PMEmail PosterUsers Website                View My Space Profile.
DesertRose 
Posted: 28-Feb-2004, 09:50 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

Maggie, I had noticed one time as you mentioning Catherine Coulter as one of your favorite authors! I really love her too, but a lot of romance readers I know don't like her. sad.gif But I really do!
gaberlunzie 
Posted: 29-Feb-2004, 03:01 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

QUOTE (CelticRose @ Feb 28 2004, 04:03 PM)
Well, I just got home from the Arizona Scottish Highland Games. A lot was happening there, but the main reason I went for was to meet my favorite author, Diana Gabaladon.  She was two hours late  cool.gif but once she got there, it was a real pleasure.  She was very sweet and very approachable.  Signed and personalized three of my books............yippee!  She is going to write two more books to go with the Outlander series, a sequel to the Lord John Grey book, another Scottish romance in relation to some characters that were in Outlander, then she is done with Scottish romance and going into being a mystery writer.  sad.gif

Anyway it was fun. I even sat down and had a Scottish meat pie while I was there. Don't know how authentic it was,but I had a wee tastes o Scotland today. Oh those pipers and drums playing Scotland the Brave!  And the weather could not have been more perfect!  thumbs_up.gif

Just had to share.

I was thinking of you the whole day and night and hoped so hard the weather would be great and your day there as well. I'm glad you enjoyed your day so much.

Glad your meeting with DG was a pleasure, too. I have to admit I'm a little bit jealous...And thank you for the info about her next books. We still will have the possibility to read her Scottish Romance Novels for quite a while then, won't we? Two more books of the Outlander series...that's good news! I know one can't write a neverending story but if I like a series very much the thought the next book might be the last one always makes me sad...
If there is something more worth telling...I'm alwys eager to hear a bit more...
Thank you for sharing!!! smile.gif smile.gif

--------------------
"Now here's my secret", said the fox, "it is very simple. It is only with ones heart that one can see clearly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."

("The Little Prince" by Antoine de Saint-Exupery)

"The soul would have no rainbow, if the eye had no tears."
(Native American Proverb)
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
DesertRose 
Posted: 29-Feb-2004, 03:16 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

Oh thank you, Gabby. It was very important for me to know too! I heard she is going to be doing another book signing three hours from me in July and I may go to that as well and have her sign a few other books. She was extremely sweet. Not arrogant or ta ta at all! I really loved talking to her for the little bit that I got to. She is a very humble person despite her success, and I like that in people. How wonderful for you to think of me and glad you didn't mind me sharing my special day for me! hug.gif

my only regret was that I didn't get to meet Ian Rankin. He was not due for two hours later and by then my back was telling me to go home. sad.gif
celtica 
Posted: 29-Feb-2004, 05:17 AM
Quote Post

Lady of the mists
Group Icon

Group: Brittany
ZodiacOak

Realm: Brest - Brittany

female

Hello Rose ! I'm so glad you enjoyed your day with Diana biggrin.gif . What a good experience it was ! Alas I never met one of my favourite author.... sad.gif
Thanks for sharing your experience with us and for the informations to thumbs_up.gif . I don't know if I'm glad to read two more books (even if in France it would probably mean 4 books laugh.gif ) because I love the story, or if I'm annoyed to have to wait for years before knowing the end of this saga. Probably the first one, because when a serie of books comes to an end, it's as if you were leaving good friends sad.gif .

--------------------
Que restera-t-il de notre sang mêlé au sel, sans trace dans les mémoires ? Une ultime navigation, trompeuse. Et des souvenirs, illuminés d'embruns. Mais condamnés au silence de la mer... Loïc Finaz.
user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers Website               
gaberlunzie 
Posted: 29-Feb-2004, 07:15 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

Rose, this is so interesting! So she really is that sweet and humble person as one has the impression by reading her homepage!?! smile.gif
I just love her kind of humor and the way to manage things - and of course her gift as a storyteller...Oh well...December...long time to wait, isn't it? unsure.gif
I'm always sorry for your back - aches...must be hard to live with it sometimes, hm? sad.gif

Celtica, this is my problem, too...To have to wait such long for the next book of a series...and finally to "leave" it with the last book. sad.gif You're totally right, it's like loosing good friends! But then I'm going to reread the books and I've got them back for a while at least... smile.gif
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
DesertRose 
Posted: 29-Feb-2004, 07:43 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

Celtica, Gabby and Maggie! Thank you for your support. As you know Diana G is my very favorite author. I love her intensity and then she can come up with such comedy in the same page! She makes me cry, scream and laugh all the same time! I was so impressed meeting her. You have no idea. she was sooooooooooo very sweet and kind and humble. Was so willing to please me in whatever I wanted! Wow! Couldn't believe that one! I had three different books for her to sign and she put it upon herself to write different personal things in each book. Now how kind is that? She was just a very special person to meet! I am already planning to meet her in July which will take me 3 hours to get there, but I don't care. How many authors stir your heart?

She was so excited about Ian Rankin, but I just could not stay for him, sorry to say. She had another Scottish author there from Scotland that she was promoting too but I cannot remember her name........sorry! So this tells me that this lady is not an egomaniac!

Anyway, the next book is due out at the latest in December, a continuation of Jamie and Claire story ..............woo hoo! I will keep you all posted asI hear of news. Thanks for sharing my joy you all! hug.gif
celtica 
Posted: 29-Feb-2004, 10:08 AM
Quote Post

Lady of the mists
Group Icon

Group: Brittany
ZodiacOak

Realm: Brest - Brittany

female

Certainly I love Diana Gabaldon, love her style, her sense of humour and the passionate nature she gave to her characters. Maybe she's my favourite author...for the moment. wink.gif You know, I'm not very faithful as a reader....There is too much books to read, to much universes to discover.

For example many of you spoke from Ian Rankin in this post, I've never read a line of him. So you excited my curiosity. What sort of books does he write ? Wich is his best one on your opinion ? Think I'm going to buy one this week.....
I'm just like you Gaby a sort of "maniac" biggrin.gif , life is not long enough to read all the marvellous books I'd like to read...So I think I'm not going to reread Outlander serie right now laugh.gif
PMEmail PosterUsers Website               
DesertRose 
Posted: 29-Feb-2004, 10:28 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

Celtica, I do not know anything about Ian Rankin so I will leave that to the experts on this site who have read and know his work. smile.gif
Catriona 
Posted: 02-Mar-2004, 03:54 AM
Quote Post

Banned Member

ZodiacBirch

Ian Rankin is one of my favourite Scottish authors. He writes police mystery novels, based mostly in Edinburgh. Although he lives in Edinburgh, he is originally from Fife. He writes very evocatively of my home city. As I've said elsewhere on this site, when you read his books, you can actually imagine walking the same streets - in fact, I do it routinely.

I have read all his books - he also writes under a nom de plume - Jack Harvey - but I'm not too keen on those books - they are more spy/espionage type novels (or at least the two I TRIED to read were in that genre).

Another couple of Scots authors are Quentin Jardine (police/mystery/detective novels) and Paul Johnston - mysteries set in the very near future after an apocolyptic disaster...
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
©2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics ©2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt