ZodiacElder

Realm: Phenix City, AL - back in the good ole USA

female

Just read a few good books in the last few days

The Knight before Christmas - by Jackie Ivie
A Taste of Sin by Connie Mason
Island of Ghosts by Gillian Bradshaw

Got me a new book today by Hannah Howell

My Immortal Highlander. It's a forthcoming of her other ones The Eternal Highlander and Highland Vampire. I love those books.

Will read it tonight.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
DesertRose 
Posted: 22-Oct-2006, 12:09 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

Realm: The desert of Arizona

female

I have so many books by Hannah Howell, that I have never read, that I opted not to get the latest one until I sit down and read her books. But I think I greatly regret this...should have gotten it and will do! LOL

--------------------
Fine art & photography by DESERT ROSE IMAGES
http://www.desertrose-images.com
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMy Photo Album               
Lady of the Loch 
Posted: 22-Oct-2006, 06:55 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacBirch

Realm: Indiana

female

QUOTE (Monarchs Own @ 18-Oct-2006, 06:59 PM)

Got me a new book today by Hannah Howell

My Immortal Highlander. It's a forthcoming of her other ones The Eternal Highlander and Highland Vampire. I love those books.

Will read it tonight.

I got it the other day but haven't had time to read it yet. Let me know how it is. The eternal and highland vampire ones were good I thought.
PMEmail Poster                View My Space Profile.
Monarchs Own 
Posted: 22-Oct-2006, 06:40 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

female

It was a good book. The twins are the sons of Jankyn and Efrica. I first thought it was the twins of Bridget and Cathal - but during the reading it became quite clear it wasn't.

But still the book is really good. The first story is by Hannah Howell and the second by Lynsay Sands like in the first book - The eternal Highlander.

I hope you enjoy reading it Lady of the Loch.
Lady of the Loch 
Posted: 23-Oct-2006, 05:54 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacBirch

female

wow that was quick! Thanks for the update. Yeah it is next in line after this karen ranney series. I think both write some good books, but have you read any of lynsay sand on her own? I haven't but I am gonna see what I can find.
Maybe there will be another one with bridgets and cathal's kids...hahahaha
Monarchs Own 
Posted: 23-Oct-2006, 08:09 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

female

I have by Lynsay Sands her vampire series

A Quick Bite
Love Bites
Single White Vampire
Tall, Dark & Hungry
A Bite to Remember

These are not historical but modern but still fun to read. Here a short excerpt on all those books

A Quick Bite
That hot guy tied to Lissianna Argeneau's bed? He is not dessert - he's the main course.
Lissianna has been spending her centuries pining for Mr. Right, not just a quick snack, and this sexy guy she find in her bed looks like he might be a candidate. But there's another, more pressing issue: her tendency to faint at the sight of blood... an especially annoying quirk for a vampire. Of course it doesn't hurt that this man has a delicious-looking neck. What kind of cold-blooded vampire woman could resist a bite of that?
Dr. Greogory Hewitt recovers from the shock of waking up in a stranger's bedroom pretty quickly - once he sees a gorgeous woman about to treat him to a wild night of passion. But is it possible for the good doctor to find true love with a vampire vixen, or will he be just a good meal? That's a question Dr. Greg might be willing to sink his teeth into ... if he can just get Lissianna to bite.

Love Bites
Etienne Argeneau's three hundred years of bachelorhood were at an end. Either that, or he'd be forever alone. He could only "turn" one human in his lifetime, and most of his kind reserved that power for creating a life mate. If he turned the wrong woman... But what choice did he have? He had to save Rachel Garrett. he didn't know her very well, bu tthe beautiful coroner had saved his life. To save hers he would make her immortal.
Rachel Garrett awoke surprised. All she'd wanted was to get off the night shift at the morgue; now here she was staggering to her feet naked and in a strange place. But everything would be all right. She'd just make like a bat out of- Then she saw the man of her dreams emerging from his.... coffin? And the look in his bright silver eyes said they'd be spending a lot of time together. She just hoped he tasted as good as he looked.

Single White Vampire
SWM - "Lucern". Successful biographer of family, books recently categorized as "paranormal romances". Something of a recluse. Hates crowds, aggressive women. Doesn't like sunbathing, garlicky dinners or religious symbols. Likes old-fashioned values, spicy Mexican dishes; warm, nice smelling necks; and plump red lips. Stronger than ten men and can vanish in the blink of an eye. Currently unaware he's seeking a woman to share eternity.
SWF - "Kate C. Leever". Newest editor of Romance at Roundhouse Publishing. Perky, fun. Has recently discovered a legacy author just dying to be broken out. In fact, her career could take off from it. (The tall, dark, handsame writer just needs to be taken to several romance conventions and introduced to his fans ... and stopped from acting so strange in public.)Dislikes "difficult, rude, obnoxious, pig-headed writers." Currently unaware she's met th eman of her wildest dreams.

Tall, Dark & Hungry
It bit: New York hotels cost an arm and a leg, and Terri had flown from England to help plan her cousin's wedding. the new in-laws offered lodging. Bu tthey were a weird bunch. There was the sometimes-chipper-sometimes brooding Lucern, and the wacky stage-actor, Vincent. (She couldn't imagine Broadway casting a hungrier singing-and-dancing Dracula.) And then there was Bastien. Just looking into his eyes, Terri had to admit she was falling for him - someone even taller, darker and hungrier then the other two. She was feeling a mite peckish herself. And if she stayed with him, those bloodsucking hotel owners wouldn't get her.

A Bite to Remember
Rule # 1: Never get involved with someone who won't be there for you when the sun comes up. Once bitten, twice shy, and sexy PI Jackie Morrisey wasn't going there again. Vincent Argeneau may be the hottest guy she's ever met, living or dead, but she's here to stop a killer from turning this vampire to dust, not to jump into bed with him.
Rule # 2: Never kiss a vampire... it can be a pain in the neck. Okay, so Vincent's had four hundred years to perfect his kissing skills, and he does look rather tempting whe he runs around the house shirtless. He's also charming, protective.... die we mention he can kiss? Jackie needs to be on her guard, or else she'll have come up with a new rule: If you're going to fall in love with a vampire, make sure it's a bite to remember.

They were writting in a different order but this is the order I would read them. It's a better reading experience. They are really good to read. Maybe check them out at your library if you can.
Lady of the Loch 
Posted: 04-Jan-2007, 12:29 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacBirch

female

I just finished reading the series she wrote about the 4 Essex sisters and i have to say I am very impressed. I am looking for more of her books. But if you like the scottish/english historical romance, she is def a writer to check out.

the series starts with :

Much ado about you
kiss me Annabel
the taming of the duke
pleasure for pleasure

I seen she has a lot more books and I am going to try and find them all, but I thought I would let you know that she is also a good one to look
Lady of the Loch 
Posted: 04-Jan-2007, 12:30 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacBirch

female

oops, that author to the above is Eloisa James..sorry about that biggrin.gif
Lady of the Loch 
Posted: 26-Jan-2007, 09:28 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacBirch

female

Just finished another series by an author new to me, Ronda Thompson. It is the Wild Wulfs of London series.

The Dark One
The Untamed One
The cursed One

Truly a wonderful historical/paranormal/romance that will keep you guessing and on your toes! I found the thrid book to be the best in the series. Don't get me wrong, the first was really good, the second was good as well, but it is books like the third that I like when it comes to paranormal and romance together!
DesertRose 
Posted: 27-Jan-2007, 05:50 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

Just finished a book by Loren Teague called "Highland Rebel." It is classified as a historical fiction/romance. Great story and is first book written as part of a trilogy. Those of you who like Diana Gabaldon and Sara Donati would like this book. Difference is is that the book is written by a Scot and with a Scottish perspective. you can order the book from http://www.whiskeypress.com need help? Let me know.
Monarchs Own 
Posted: 18-Jul-2007, 07:34 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

female

It's been quite a while since we had anything going in this forum - so I wanted to bring it up again and see what others are reading at this time!

I read the other day from Julie Garwood - The Secret.

Did anyone of you read Kathleene E. Woodiwiss? Is she any good. I bought myself a book of hers and haven't yet a chance to read it.

Just wondering if anyone did read her and have input on her.
DesertRose 
Posted: 19-Jul-2007, 03:33 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

Hey Monarch! Thanks for bringing this topic up again I have never heard of the author you mentioned, Kathleen E Woodiwiss.

I have indeed heard of Julie Garwood and have read several of her books. I do have the book, "The Secret" but have yet to read it. I hear it is really good.

I am sorry to say that I have not been able to do any pleasure reading. I so miss that time, but hopefully soon.

Monarchs Own 
Posted: 20-Jul-2007, 04:15 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

female

Yes the Secret is a really great read. I read it almost completly through in one night. I could not put it down it was so great. I laughed out several times because of what happens - but I don't want to give anything away. biggrin.gif

Well, I guess I have to see how Kathleene E. Woodiwiss is. I'll you know.

John is in the field for 2 months so I have right now plenty of time to read.

See you around!
DesertRose 
Posted: 28-Jul-2007, 09:40 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

Thanks Monarch! My TBR list is horrendous! I keep buying books and hopefully one day I will get to them all!

I hope you and yours are doing well.
Monarchs Own 
Posted: 03-Aug-2007, 05:34 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

female

So far I haven't managed to read anything from Kathleen E. Woodiwiss. I have just gotten a new delivery of books and started to read those instead. LOL

I am reading right now more books from Sherrilyn Kenyon. I love the Dark-Hunter Series.

Well, John is coming hom sooner and will leave for Iraq instead of in November in March next year so about 5 months later than planned.

Otherwise we are doing fine over here in Germany.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics 2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt