ArizonaAmy9 
Posted: 06-Aug-2005, 05:01 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacVine

Realm: Tempe, Arizona USA

female

Thanks for the suggestios stoirmeil...I am always looking for something new to read...even if the new is actually old but new to me!

--------------------
[email protected]
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
ImmortalAvalon 
Posted: 07-Aug-2005, 05:46 AM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

ZodiacAlder

Realm: North Carolina

female

One I'm sure you've heard of, she's kind of a classic --Anya Seton ... Katherine is the central one from her....

I've actually read this one and thought it was pretty good. I've always been rather fascinated by the love story of John of Gaunt and Katherine. Love was a very rare quality in noble marriages, much less royal ones, back then.

Now, one royal love story I'd like to read, but have never found in a novel was between Eric of Sweden (the one who courted Elizabeth I) and a commoner named Kate who sold oranges close to his palace. The story goes that Eric saw Kate through a window in his palace, and fell head-over-heels in love with her, and, ignoring the scandal, and the disapproval of his family, he married her. Later on, Eric goes stark, raving, mad, is dethroned by his brother John, and is locked away until his death. I don't know what happened to Kate.

Okay, okay, back to the books, lol.

I've just read It's in His Kiss, by Julia Quinn (about Hyacinth Bridgerton) and One Night of Sin by Gaelen Foley (about Alec Knight).

It's in His Kiss was okay, but not as good as the the first 4 novels in the series...the ones with Lady Whistledown.

Bridgerton Series - Julia Quinn
The Duke and I
The Viscount Who Loved Me
An Offer From a Gentleman
Romancing Mister Bridgerton
To Sir Philip, With Love
When He Was Wicked
It's in His Kiss

? (one more next year about Gregory)

One Night of Sin, however, was great. I read it in one sitting. I've loved all of the Knight Miscellaeney novels. They're called that because although they had the same mother, Georgeanna Knight, Duchess of Hawkscliffe, most of them had different fathers!

Knight Miscellaeney - Gaelen Foley
The Duke - Robert, the eldest, in the current duke, and son of the lady's husband. His love interest, Belinda Hamilton, happens to be the latest star of the demi-monde. Translation, she is a courtesan, and he becomes her protector.
Twin of Fire - Lucien, who is a spy, must somehow stop a deadly plot by an old Bonapartist enemy. He and Damien are twins, their father being marquess. His lady? Alice Montague, who rather scandalously propositions.
Twin of Ice - Damien, newly created Earl of Winterley, is a Colonel in Wellington's infantry, and was a every major battle in the Napoleanic Wars. He has PTSD, and is haunted by the memory of every soldier he lost. Enter Miranda FitzHerbert, the illegitemate daughter of a viscount, and his new ward. Just when everything starts to settle down, Napolean returns.
Lady of Desire - I haven't read this one, but it's about the only daughter, Jacinda, who is the youngest, and her only other child by her husband.
Devil Takes a Bride - this one is about the family ward, and Jacinda's companion, Elizabeth Carlisle.
One Night of Sin - The youngest son, Lord Alexander "Alec" Knight. His father was a Shakespearean actor. Alec is a very fashionable rake until he meets Rebecca Ward who is running from a Russian cousin and his band of Cossacks.
? - One next year about Jack, the second son, who is a privateer. His father was an Irish boxer.

Read and enjoy!
PMEmail PosterUsers Website               
ArizonaAmy9 
Posted: 07-Aug-2005, 10:49 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

Thanks for the heads up ImmortalAvalon...I think I'll look for the Gaelen Foley
series next time I pop into Bookmen's...they will usually have a few of a series if not all...and you just wait a few days & they may have the rest...they sound pretty good...

Happy reading!
DesertRose 
Posted: 07-Aug-2005, 11:11 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: The desert of Arizona

female

Hey ladies! Got some good books there you all have mentioned.

I keep hearing about the Merry Gentry Series. Has anybody read any of those?

Stoirmeil! You have me confused with gwenlee. She is the OB-GYN nurse. I was a medical transcriber for many years and did makeup artistry for awhile too. Thanks for the book suggestions.

Amy, I have books by most of all those authors you mentioned and hundreds more! I get into a lot of trouble in Bookman's! rolleyes.gif biggrin.gif

Marsha Canham
Elaine Coffman
Shannon Drake
Christine Feehan
Kathleen Givens
Hannah Howell
Karen Marie Moning
Amanda Scott

I really love Kathleen Givens, Shannon Drake and Moning. Have not read the others yet, but I have most of their books in my TBR book shelf. wink.gif

Hey Immortal Avalon! Thanks for the book recommendations. Hope you are doing well.

--------------------
Fine art & photography by DESERT ROSE IMAGES
http://www.desertrose-images.com
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMy Photo Album               
RivDan 
Posted: 11-Aug-2005, 01:28 PM
Quote Post

Clan Member

ZodiacElder

female

I love Castles by Tracie Peterson.

--------------------
Cameron Clan Roots, but an Heir to Jesus the King of Kings
PMEmail Poster               
ArizonaAmy9 
Posted: 12-Aug-2005, 01:48 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

I'll have to keep an eye out for Tracie Peterson as well.

Celticrose...there are 3 books by Marsha Canham which you might really like they are: The Pride Of Lions, The Blood Of Roses and Midnight Honor...all during the time of the '45...so...you could read them easily as a teaser to what you are currently reading - especially the last one...

I am stopping in at Bookman's this weekend to see if they have anything new in...

Happy reading...
amy
DesertRose 
Posted: 12-Aug-2005, 05:33 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

Hey Amy! Already got all three books. Just haven't gotten around to read them yet. sad.gif Thanks much!
DesertRose 
Posted: 12-Aug-2005, 05:35 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

QUOTE (RivDan @ 11-Aug-2005, 01:28 PM)
I love Castles by Tracie Peterson.

Hey RivDan..........long time no hear! Hope you are doing well.

My SIL who is an author knows Traci Peterson personally and is going to get me her book, Castles, and have it autographed by her. cool, eh?
ArizonaAmy9 
Posted: 20-Aug-2005, 11:07 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

Well, was at Bookmen's last night and they only had one Gaelen Foley book in - The Duke. So I picked it up and am glad to check here and see that it looks like the first one in the series. I try to start with the first ones...so this time I lucked out! Will start reading later this week when my other book is done! Thanks again for the heads up!

Happy reading
amy smile.gif
ArizonaAmy9 
Posted: 28-Aug-2005, 12:22 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

I am working my way through The Duke right now...in between painting and soccer...and so far..I like it...has enough steam and fun in it...glad you suggested it as I had never even picked up one of her books to see if I might like it...well everyone have a nice weekend...
Monarchs Own 
Posted: 16-Sep-2005, 08:34 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

Realm: Phenix City, AL - back in the good ole USA

female

Well I read the Spell of the Highlander and I liked it very much. Bought me the other day Highland Vampire from Hannah Howell. Seems good so far.

Well I am gonna be curios what Karin Marie Moning has in store next. There is mentioning of 5 powerful druids that excist at the end but so far there are only 3 gathered.

Drustan, Dageus and Cian. Can't wait for the next book to come out.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
DesertRose 
Posted: 17-Sep-2005, 08:32 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

Hey Monarch! I got me The Spell of the Highlander too! I haven't started it yet, but I have heard from those who have read it that it is very good! I hear Cian is the new Hot guy! laugh.gif

I saw Hannah Howell's, Highland Vampire. I started to buy it, but didn't. Let me know how you like it. Vampires are really not my thing, but who knows? The latest books I keep hearing about are from Laura K Hamilton. Apparently she wrote both the Merry Gentry Series (about the Fey) and the Anita Blake series (about vampires). I have all the titles if you are interested in them. There are quite a few books and more to come in those series! I hope you are doing well.

Amy, I forgot to ask you yesterday if you finished The Duke and if you liked it.

Happy reading! smile.gif
maggiemahone1 
Posted: 18-Sep-2005, 08:00 PM
Quote Post

High Queen of Ireland

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern West Virginia

female

Isn't history wonderful, especially when it's tied in with a hot Scots or Irish clan leader. angel_not.gif

I'm hoping to get back in the groove of history this winter. I haven't bought a historical romance book in such a long time. I'm gettin' really anxious!!!

Happy reading!
maggiemahone1
PMEmail PosterUsers Website                View My Space Profile.
DesertRose 
Posted: 20-Sep-2005, 07:12 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

Hey Maggie! Well in case you haven't bought any lately, there have been many wonderful recommendations to read through here! wink.gif

I am back trying to finish up Sara Donati's Fire Along the Sky. I had to put that one down to read other things. Gosh! I hate it when I do that. rolleyes.gif
Monarchs Own 
Posted: 29-Sep-2005, 08:02 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

Realm: Phenix City, AL - back in the good ole USA

female

Well, I finished Highland Vampire by Hannah Howell. It was really good. Her story connects to the last one she had out - The Eternal Highlander.

I finally got me the last book in the Dark Series by Christine Feehan. Dark Legend. I love her books.

Tomorrow I will get me the new book form Janet Chapman, Only with a Highlander. Wonder how that will turn out.

PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics 2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt