DesertRose 
Posted: 19-May-2005, 06:35 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

Realm: The desert of Arizona

female

Oh how wonderful, Monarch! A new computer? Your husband is so good to you. How is he doing in Iraq? How much longer will he be there?

So Hannah Howell's book was good, eh? I don't have any Sandra Hill's books.

Take care and let us know what you are reading next. I am still on the same book. rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Fine art & photography by DESERT ROSE IMAGES
http://www.desertrose-images.com
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMy Photo Album               
Monarchs Own 
Posted: 21-May-2005, 06:04 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

Realm: Phenix City, AL - back in the good ole USA

female

Husband will be in Iraq for about 2 - 3 months before he comes home for 2 weeks leave. Then he will return to Iraq and hopefully comes home in November right on time when the new Harry Potter movie starts.

Yes my husband was really nice to me with this computer but now I have to burn a whole bunch of DVD's for him and send it over - so now I have more work than fun with this thing. LOL

Right now I am reading "The Wild Hunt" by Elizabeth Chadwick.

Pretty good. I will give the insight in the next few days.

Take care!

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
DesertRose 
Posted: 23-May-2005, 07:14 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

How exciting, Monarch, that your hubby will be home for a wee bit. Know it will not be for long enough, but I bet you can't wait. Good luck on the DVD making!

I heard about another author Elizabeth Gaskell. She writes books set in the Victorian era. About life and the culture of back then. Heard they were really good books.

Wives and Daughters
North and South

were the two I was told to start off with.

Happy Reading!
Monarchs Own 
Posted: 29-May-2005, 08:31 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

female

As promised here is the insight of The Wild Hunt by Elizabeth Chadwick:

During the turbulence of the twelfth-century Welsh March Wars, an expedient marriage is arranged between strangers: Judith of Ravenstow and Guyon, Lord of Ledworth. They join together to save their lands from the clutches of King William Rufus's greedy and evil baron, Lord Robert de Belleme.
Guyon, a handsome, sophisticated man who has had his share of amorous affairs, finds Judith beautiful but very, very young. A reluctant bride, she has painful memories of her father's brutality toward her mother, and on the eve of the wedding, is terrified. It is not a marriage made in heaven.

But during the war, Judith courageously saves Guyon's life on more than one occasion, and it forces him to realize that despite her apparent inexperience, Judith is a shrewd, willful, and brave young woman.

A true and passionate love grows between the two, defying the ongoing treachery and violence in the world around them. But their hard-won happiness is jeopardized when, because of the war, Guyon suffers a personal tragedy and a secret of Judith's past surfaces.

An exceptional heroine, Judith of Ravenstow is innocent yet headstrong, and posses a wickedly clever tongue that makes her all the more appealing. Compassionate characters, vivid storytelling and a touch of humor combine to make this a wonderful tale of love and courage.

This book is very hard to find - but with good luck you might find it in a library, like I did. I own these books - although in german. So it's nice to read those in english as well.

Happy Reading.

Right now I am reading Pride and Prescience (Or, a Truth Universally Acknowledged) A Mr. & Mrs. Dary Mystery. by Carrie Bebris.
Mr. & Mrs. Darcy, the joyous newlyweds from Pride and Prejudice, have not even left for their honeymoon when they find themselves embroiled in a mystery involving one of their wedding guests.
The lovely Caroline Bingley is engaged to marry a rich and charismatic American. Unfortunatly, this whirlwind courtship is marred by many strange events: nocturnal wonderings, spooked horses, carriage accidents, and even an apparent suicide attempt. Soon the whole Bingley family seems the target of a mysterious plot.

Only the Darcys recognize the danger as the Austen genre of Regency romances mixes with the unearthly gothic threats of Ann Radcliff and the Brontes. Dark forces are afoot and the Darcys mut get to the bottom of the plot before the blushing bride descends into madness or worse.

In Pride and Prescience, the Darcys take center stage as the Regency era's answer to The Thin Man's Nick and Nora, in search of the truth, universally acknowledged and otherwise.

So far this book is good. I am half way through and Carrie Bebris writes a good story. She is a member of the Jane Austen Society of North America and holds a master's degree in English literature.
DesertRose 
Posted: 29-May-2005, 09:59 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

Thanks Monarch! sounds very good and interesting! I am almost finished with Lake in the Clouds! rolleyes.gif Been trying to read two books at the same time so, I don't think that is a good idea.
Monarchs Own 
Posted: 17-Jun-2005, 07:33 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

female

Well I read a few books since my last post.

Not all of them historical romance.

Sex and the Single Vampire by Katie MacAlister
Rosamund by Beatrice Small
Philippa by Beatrice Small
A Kiss to Remember by Teresa Medeiros
The Conquest by Elizabeth Chadwick
The Seductive Imposter by Janet Chapman
The Dangerous Protector by Janet Chapman

BTW - Janet Chapman got a new one in her Highlander series coming this October. This story seems to be about Winter - the seventh daughter of Greylan MacKeage and Grace Sutter (Charming the Highlander)

Can't wait.

Also got me a few new books
The Lady of the Knight by Jackie Ivie
My Wicked Highlander by Jen Holling - read that one. It's the first in a Trilogy about the MacDonell Brides. The next one "My Develish Scotsman" will coming out in July. Jen Holling writes good. It's worth to check her out.

Keep the pages turning. king.gif
ImmortalAvalon 
Posted: 18-Jun-2005, 02:25 AM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

ZodiacAlder

Realm: North Carolina

female

Okay, since my last post, I've done a lot of reading, smile.gif

The Truth About Love by Stephanie Laurens
The Last Kingdom by Bernard Cornwell
Highland Vow by Hannah Howell
Arthur by Stephen Lawhead
Daughter of the Red Deer, The Horsemasters, and The Reindeer Hunters by Joan Wolf (these are rather interesting if only because they are prehistorical rather than historical romances)

Johanna Lindsey's new book, Marriage Most Scandalous, has just been released, and have it on request at the library. I am also waiting rather impatiently for Julia Quinn's new book, It's in His Kiss, which will come out June 28.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website               
DesertRose 
Posted: 18-Jun-2005, 03:01 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

Hi there ladies! Sounds like you all have been reading some good books!

I FINALLY finished Lake in the Clouds and now reading #4 in the Sara Donati series, Fire Along the Sky. I am liking this one already.

I also went to the used bookstore yesterday and bought me a few books. rolleyes.gif I had gotten a gift card from a family member for my birthday to this book store and finally used it. I got the following:

The Scoundrel by Claire Delacroix

Come the Morning, Seize the Dawn, Lion in Glory by Shannon Drake

Highland Conquerer by Hannah Howell

The MacGregor's series: Daniel-Ian, Alan-Grant by Nora Roberts. (I have four other books in the MacGregor series as well)

A Wedding For a Knight by Sue-Ellen Welfonder

Lord of the Isles by Amanda Scott

Monarch! How was Katie MacAlister's book? She is such a hysterical writer.

Happy Reading! smile.gif
Monarchs Own 
Posted: 18-Jun-2005, 09:22 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

female

As always Katie MacAlister's book was great. I really like her books.

I also read the Sue-Ellen Wellenfonder book you just bought. It's also good as all her books.

Right now I am reading a Paranormal Romance. Dark Prince by Christine Feehan. So far pretty good. After this book I will see if I consider buying her other books as well.

Happy Pageturning!

DesertRose 
Posted: 11-Jul-2005, 12:18 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

I bought a couple new books yesterday. The new one by Sue-Ellen Welfonder, Only for a Knight. And the latest one by Tess Mallory, Highland Magic. Never read any of her books.

Oh and with the new anticipated Spell of the Highlander by Karen Marie Moning coming out next month, here is an excerpt of the book from her site: drool

http://www.karenmoning.com/novels/spell/index.html
gwenlee 
Posted: 12-Jul-2005, 06:41 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacAlder

female

I just got through reading a Jen Holling book My Devilish Scotsman. It was okay. I had been reading Lake in the Clouds but I have had a hard time getting into it so I thought I put it down and try later.

I didn't know or maybe I don't remember that Karen Moning had another book coming out. I'll have to be sure to get the new one.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
DesertRose 
Posted: 14-Jul-2005, 07:45 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

Hey gwenlee! I know how hard it is to get through Lake in the Clouds. I really struggled too. However, I like the book after that MUCH better. It is really good and a new character comes in that I like as much as Nathaniel and he's Scots! biggrin.gif So if you can muddle through Lake in the Clouds somehow, you at least have to read the fourth one in the series! wink.gif Hope your doing well.
Monarchs Own 
Posted: 14-Jul-2005, 09:40 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

female

Well, I got my first part of my anniversary present today.

My husband orderd a lot of books for me.

So far I got

Dark Warrior by Donna Fletcher
Scotsman by Juliana Garnett
The Bewitched Viking by Sandra Hill
The Firebrand by May McGoldrick
The Princess and her Pirate by Lois Greiman
Touch not the Cat by Tracy Fobes

More to come - lol! My husband actually asked me this "WHY IS IT THAT SO MANY OF YOUR BOOKS HAVE PICTURES OF MUSCLE-BOUND GUYS ON THE COVER?" - his exact words - Well, what to answer to this one LOL tongue.gif biggrin.gif

By the way - after reading the first one of Christine Feehans Dark Series - Dark Prince I went on to buy me the rest of the books

I got
Dark Desire
Dark Gold
Dark Magic
Dark Challenge
Dark Fire
Dark Guardian
Dark Symphony
Dark Melody
Dark Destiny
Dark Secret

So far the only one missing is Dark Legend and the comes right after Dark Fire and before Dark Guardian. I like the novels even though the outcome is pretty much the same in the end but for easy and relaxing reading they are great.

I also got the Scarletti Curse from Christine Feehan which is also pretty good. At least if you get those a the library I find that they are worth reading.

Happy pageturning! king.gif
DesertRose 
Posted: 15-Jul-2005, 11:22 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

LOL! So funny Monarch about your hubby! However, I would imagine he has muscles too so tell him that they remind you of him! wink.gif How wonderful he got you all those books! wow!

I am soooooooooo jazzed about the new Karen Marie Moning book. This is what I found out today from her website!

"For all you MacKeltar fans, both Dageus and Drustan appear
in SPELL and will undoubtedly continue appearing in future
books. All is not quite as it seems in the Keltar/Fae world!
Expect half a dozen or so more Highlander and Fae books in
the future."

Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! biggrin.gif
ImmortalAvalon 
Posted: 16-Jul-2005, 12:39 PM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

ZodiacAlder

Realm: North Carolina

female

Ooooooooo! I've just done a bit of a Karen Marie Moning read-a-thon! Despite of what I thought of Beyond the Highland Mist, I like Adam Black enough to try the other. I've read all of her books currently out over the last couple of weeks, and I love the McKeltars. I'm looking forward to the new book!

Also, I've read Johanna Lindsey's latest, Marriage Most Scandalous. Personally, I didn't really like it. I thought most of the characters were rather flat, the only one having any depth at all being the hero, Sebastian.

I've also been reading Nora Robert's Key Trilogy. It's contemporary romance, but there are also a couple of Celtic gods trapped in human form and an evil sorceror!
PMEmail PosterUsers Website               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics 2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt