| Bratwurst Recipes
, dishes involving bratwurst
Posted: 16-Mar-2006, 06:11 PM
Group: Celtic Nation
| This is another simple but very hearty and tasty dish:
BRATWURST WITH HOT POTATO SALAD
1 1/2 lbs. bratwurst
5 med. potatoes
8 slices bacon, diced
1 med. onion, diced
1/2 c. vinegar
1/2 c. beef stock bouillon
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. sugar
2 egg yolks, beaten
Slice brats. Scrub potatoes and boil in jackets; cool, peel and cut into 1/4 inch slices. Cook bacon until crisp; add brats and onions. Stir and cook until onion is transparent and brats are browned. Add vinegar, bouillon and seasonings; stir and let come to a boil. Stir in egg yolks; remove from heat and pour over potatoes.
Goes very well with a nice cold beer!
"Now here's my secret", said the fox, "it is very simple. It is only with ones heart that one can see clearly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."
("The Little Prince" by Antoine de Saint-Exupery)
"The soul would have no rainbow, if the eye had no tears."
(Native American Proverb)
Posted: 01-Apr-2006, 02:17 PM
Reader of souls, vision seeker, TROLL
Group: Super Moderator
Realm: The frontier of Penn's Woods
This one comes from a "Dinner and a Movie" TV show:
"Problem Child 2" Brat
The perfect food for a little rest and relaxation.
You will need:
For the mustard:
3 tablespoons yellow mustard seed
1 tablespoon black or brown mustard seed
4 tablespoons ground yellow mustard
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons water
3 tablespoons cider vinegar
For the kraut:
1 lb sauerkraut
1 small white onion, thinly sliced
3 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
1/2 cup dry vermouth
1 cup chicken broth
1 bay leaf
1 teaspoon caraway seeds
For the brats:
1 small white onion, chopped
4 whole black peppercorns
1 bottle beer
4 "bad seed" rolls
1 industrial strength child restraint system
1. Make mustard: Combine the mustard seeds, mustard powder and salt in a coffee grinder. Pulverize with 2 short bursts.
2. Transfer to a small bowl and add the water and vinegar. Cover and refrigerate.
3. Make sauerkraut: To prepare the sauerkraut: drain and cover with cold water. Let it soak for 10 minutes.
4. Drain again and, this time, squeeze out as much liquid as possible.
5. In a medium saucepan, combine the onion, garlic, vermouth, chicken broth, caraway seeds, and bay leaf. Bring to a simmer.
6. Add the sauerkraut to the vermouth mixture and return to a simmer. Cover and cook over low heat about 30 minutes.
7. Make brats: Combine the brats, onion, peppercorns, and beer in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil and simmer 15 minutes.
8. While the brats simmer, light the barbecue or heat a cast iron griddle.
9. Grill brats about 4-inches from the coals until deep brown, but not burnt.
10. Serve in rolls with warm sauerkraut and plenty of hot mustard.
11. Before allowing dessert to be served, practice your own version of "behavior modification dish therapy" on any problem children present.
Makes 4 brats
I support the separation of church and hate!
IMAGINATION - the freest and largest nation in the world!
One can not profess to be of "GOD" and show intolerence and prejudice towards the beliefs of others.
Am fear nach gleidh na h–airm san t–sith, cha bhi iad aige ’n am a’ chogaidh.
He that keeps not his arms in time of peace will have none in time of war.
"We're all in this together , in the parking lot between faith and fear" ... O.C.M.S.
“Beasts feed; man eats; only the man of intellect knows how to eat well.”
"Without food we are nothing, without history we are lost." - SHADOWS
Is iomadh duine laghach a mhill an Creideamh.
Religion has spoiled many a good man.
The clan MacEwen
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
(2) 1 
Celtic Radio is a SonixFM radio station that is based in Canada. SonixFM and SonixCast provide music license coverage through SOCAN.
© Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance Tavern, Ye O' Celtic Pub, Celt-Rock-Radio.
Celtic Graphics ©, Cari Buziak
Link to CelticRadio.net
Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medieval Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt